View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #84
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
I guess I'm a bit confused. My understanding is that the LF1 and our LLT are the same engine family, not different engines.

It sounds like to me, they're going to make the current LLT E85 capable, with maybe a few tweaks to get additional HP (around 330 maybe?).

Am I missing something?
Same engine family tree...but consider them "cousins". Similar to the LS V8s and the 'Vortec' truck engines. The LF1 has a few unique features GM Powertrain employed that the LLT does not have because it's a marginally older engine. Just using GM's nomenclature...LFX seemed to suggest it's closer related to the LF1 V6, rather than the LLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Hoping they have found a permanent fix for the timing chain issues.
The description for the LF1 explains an "inverted tooth timing chain" that's supposed to reduce wear on, and noise of the timing chain compared to traditional chains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Wow.

All these changes going n.

I wouldnt be surprised if the v8 got some changes as well. We already know a suspension option is available.

Looks like GM wants to win in 2012....
Absolutely. The single biggest different (behind the scenes) between now and the senior years of the 4thgen, is that there's an entire company behind this cars success. They won't settle for anything less than best in class...which is great for the enthusiast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Whoa, whoa, too much E85 bashing here, i wish people would read up on it instead of listening to all of the propaganda surrounding it. Ever notice that anything that has to do with change in America gets a bad rep?

Sorry if i sound a little preachy, and if i seem to have hi-jacked the post, i just get a little ticked when people write things off without looking into it, they just listen to politicians and word of mouth, and im not calling anyone for that but the facts are out there and theyre very interesting especially to us muscle car guys.
Anyways, back to the new Camaro V6 =P
I was going to write some of that...but you covered it better so I'll just quote you with a big "".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
was thinking if they lighten the Camaro in 2014 or 2015 this engine at 325-330HP with a say 10 to 12% lighter weight would be one exciting ride!!
Well.....that's the idea. Though it might be called an SS by then...who knows!!