View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
sstiglich

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 1LT
El Wire footwell lighting and Led dome light

I combined tips and ideas from several threads to come up with this interior lighting combo for the Wife's Camaro 1LT.

I gathered a lot of information from the footwell DIY thread found here. I personally thought the footwells were too bright for my tastes, so i used El Wire instead.

I used two 6' sections of blue El Wire, one for the drivers and one for the passengers side. One six foot section looks like this in the dark:

I took a piece of plastic and drilled holes in it to match the openings in the top of the footwells that GM placed there. These are the same holes used in the thread above. I used glue and wrapped the Elwire around itself so it would take up less room. Here is a picture (sorry it's not the best quality) of it installed in the car. You can see one of the tie-wraps i used to hold it in place along with the EL wire connector. I ran power from the overhead dome light.

I also replaced the overhead bulb with a blue LED from Rodney at Vizualize Automotive Options. Here is the overall result:

Here is a close up of the footwell lighting. The towel on the floor is white; i wanted to show off what color light the EL wire is giving out.

I think the end result is pretty cool.

Last edited by sstiglich; 02-26-2010 at 12:32 PM.
sstiglich is offline   Reply With Quote