Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
Wheel and Tire Warranty

Does anyone have or know about the wheel and tire warranty? I ask this because i was parking today and got too close to the curb and scratched up my wheel. I purchased this warranty and i didnt know if the warranty covered this because it was my fault.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
GM doesn't offer any type of damage warranty. I'm guessing that since you said you paid for a warranty that it was something the dealer sold you. Those types of warranty are "all over the map" in coverage. You'll need to locate the paperwork provided by your dealer or call them and get a copy to verify your coverage. I've seen policies like you are speaking of that cover damage like you've got...but without a policy in hand I wouldn't dare put forth a judgment on your coverage.

Good luck.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I have a warrantee that covers both tires and rims. I bought it with the camaro but it is not GM.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Those warranties are all very similar. They cover tire and wheel damage for any road hazard on the road. So if you hit a pot hole and damage the rim its covered. If you hit a piece of metal, nail, glass etc, that is in the roadway, you are covered.

That excludes your car leaving the road (and hitting a curb for instance). So, no, you are probably not covered for a new rim.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
Blue Demon

Drives: 2006 Corvette
The wheel warranties I have seen only cover the wheel if it can no longer hold air, cosmetic damage is not covered.
Blue Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
PsshPlzz
I'm so JDM I have SARS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to PsshPlzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Demon View Post
The wheel warranties I have seen only cover the wheel if it can no longer hold air, cosmetic damage is not covered.
from what i understand the wheel and tire is covered whether it is cosmetic or damaging, but from a road hazard (ie: a pothole). curb rash is most likely not covered, getting curb rash is not a road hazard.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #7
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangjf7 View Post
Does anyone have or know about the wheel and tire warranty? I ask this because i was parking today and got too close to the curb and scratched up my wheel. I purchased this warranty and i didnt know if the warranty covered this because it was my fault.
*COUGH* *COUGH* You hit a pothole. That scratched the rim.