Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #57
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
keep all the records...that rim sounds sketchy...problem persists I would pursue a replacement...

having to use bead sealer implies that it was scratched/scored...good luck!
Old 12-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #58
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
The patch work was fine. The wheel was leaking around the edge. The repaired wheel. Can you imagine? This manager sealed it with bead sealer and sent me on my way.

One complaint filed with corporate, along with lavish praise for the second manager who cleaned up the other's mess.
I recently had to get the new tires on my wife's car mounted THREE TIMES before two of them stopped leaking because of poor sealing to the rim.

You just can't get good help these days.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #59
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
keep all the records...that rim sounds sketchy...problem persists I would pursue a replacement...

having to use bead sealer implies that it was scratched/scored...good luck!
This ↑↑↑ really bothers me.

I wouldn't be in any big hurry to praise anybody who's touched this repair so far.

FWIW, I've plugged more than a few punctures similar to the one under discussion here, and none of them have ever leaked or otherwise failed to outlast the tire. That it's only been recently that I've found a tire place that I *might* trust is the main reason I've been DIY'ing this repair all these years. But I do add one step to the procedure that may be helping to resist water intrusion, and even though I know it's not the best possible repair technique I have managed through enough . . . let's call it "un-gentle driving" . . . to develop a pretty strong basis for confidence.

Norm
Old 12-19-2017, 04:20 AM   #60
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Just glad the area manager contacted me so fast and seemed genuinely concerned. So far, so good, knock on wood.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:11 AM   #61
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Will be interesting to see if Corporate gets back to you on your complaint and offers you anything. If nothing more than an apology, that would at least be something. I hope you posted this info up on social media (like FB) and included the name and location of the place and the manager.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #62
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I finally pulled a fairly small nail out of my P-Zero. I tried to plug it but that inner cord was tougher than the cheesy file that came with the plug kit. So I went and had it done right at a Les Schwab. No charge! But the interesting thing is they lost my valve stem cap and gave me the tire back with 16lbs of pressure in it. I inflated it and it held. Good help......
Old 12-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #63
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Never had one issue with plugging a tire. Every service truck in my fleet has a plug kit in it and we've used many. I just plugged one for my brother on thanksgiving day. No issues what's so ever. If I was going to the trouble to have the tire removed from a wheel just to patch a tire, i would just replace the tire.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:33 PM   #64
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Had an issue with the shop that initially put on my 315 G2's. Not a hole or anything, but that shop botched the installation and the tire leaked and flattened about 2 miles out.

Ran on it flat for about a mile due to my immediate location, and of course this ruined the tire. They offered good compensation $$ (not the entire amount for the tire because - I did drive on it when I shouldn't have), took it to another shop close to home, where I should have taken it in the first place because I've been there before and had previous good experiences.

They ordered a new tire - put a loner 315 on until they got my new tire in, and then a day later put the new 315 on...

Freakin fiasco when a shop doesn't do their job right... the only reason I took it to that first shop is because they do our company fleet. Scary if this is the quality we're getting........

Any way, just thought I'd share. At least neither of them damaged my wheels...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #65
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
Will be interesting to see if Corporate gets back to you on your complaint and offers you anything. If nothing more than an apology, that would at least be something. I hope you posted this info up on social media (like FB) and included the name and location of the place and the manager.

Didn't post on fb or yelp or google. I posted positive reviews about the location that DID take good care of me unlike "the manager from that other tire store." Because I had heard back from corporate. The area manager got in touch on Saturday not much more than an hour or two after I called corporate. He listened to me without complaint for at least 10 minutes and made me feel like he was definitely concerned and he was going to address the manager. Let me know he was definitely not happy to have to call on a Saturday morning but was glad that I felt better afterwards and gave me a cell phone number if anything else happened to my tire/wheel.

But they sent two emails (both locations I visited) automated asking for me to fill out satisfaction surveys so I let it fly there, the good the bad and the ugly!
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote