Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #183
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
They are butthurt because the Camaros outperform the SRTs, and are slightly cheaper than the R/Ts.

Seriously, I got banned over there for posting in thread they started saying that the Camaros were slower in the 1/4 mile than the advertised time (12.9), and the Challenger R/Ts were low 13 sec cars. I posted two vids of bone stock Camaros running better than 12.9s, and then told them to post vids of bone stock R/Ts running low 13s. They not only banned me, they deleted every one of my posts.
there are a lot of guys over there that refuse to like anything but the challenger, which is one of the reasons i started coming over here. much more open to a civil discussion between brands and laid back. you guys are much more open to a multi-sided debate, where as a lot (not all) of those guys are very one sided.

i cant vouch for any new camaro times at the track, but i can vouch that there indeed have been a couple stock R/T's hitting low to mid 13's. i know i cant get times like that. i've said in another post that it all comes down to the driver. most challenger drivers will not be able to get those times, but it is possible. a known member "dodgetony" over on the challenger board ran a 13.12 i believe with just a filter pull and lowered tire pressure in his auto R/T with only a couple hundred miles on it when he first got it. he posted time slips too.

i'm sure not all camaro drivers will be able to get below 13 sec, but we all know its possible and the car is clearly capable of it WITH THE RIGHT DRIVER.

i know it means nothing if i dont have time slips or video to post, which i do not at this time, so i guess believe it or dont believe it.

1bad65, i think i remember you getting banned and thinking "wow, i wonder what other boards are thinking of this one?" now i know...its a shame that you guys think of us challenger guys like that.:(
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #184
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
1bad65, i think i remember you getting banned and thinking "wow, i wonder what other boards are thinking of this one?" now i know...its a shame that you guys think of us challenger guys like that.:(
I don't think Challenger guys are ALL like those knuckleheads. You and Speedy are really cool guys who own Challengers. But yeah, that site is very heavily populated by Kool-Aid drinkers who act like babies when any other car is discussed in a positive light.

But like you, I like sites like this one where they allow discussion on the various cars without all the childishness and drama.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #185
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
In anycase, I haven't posted much on this forum seeing as how i'm not quite an owner of the Camaro but I soon will be after debating on whether or not to get a 300-SRT8 versus the Camaro. I've decided to go ahead and get the Camaro. All I can say is i'm a proud owner of an 09' Challenger and I will be a proud owner of the '10 Camaro. Both are great cars. Of course each car has its Pros/Cons. I don't see the point of bashing, its immature and just takes the fun out of coming to this forum. I've seen nothing but amazing Camaro's on this site with a great amount of potential as well as Challengers. Those who are complaining about each car either can't afford them or they just out of no where got some e-balls. Let's keep it peaceful and enjoy each others creativity and workmanship. After all this is a Camaro site...And Challenger owners have thick skin, atleast I do. I could care less whose car is faster, is all comes down to personal opinions regardless of what each person drives. One thing we all have in common is that we are Car Enthusiats at heart so lets stop the bickering.

The Mustang guys didn't get that memo
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #186
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
People around here have thin skins too. Ask the Mod's. You can be suspended from CAMARO5 for reasons not described in the forum rules.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #187
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
thanks! i look forward to being able to compare vehicles in a civil manner!
I take it's that why you stopped going to challengertalk lol. There are a couple people on that site who is actually nice and respectful, one of them is that dodgetony someone already mentioned.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #188
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The Mustang guys didn't get that memo
Old 10-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #189
IanZ28

Drives: Future 20.. Camaro RS/2SS
They have one thread about info on the Z28, and it mentions it having a rear wing and they respond with "I wonder if GM is targeting the ricer crowd..."

yet when some one mentions the Superbird they say "oh thats for downforce it's different"
well WTF is the Z28 wing for?
Hot Coffee!!
IanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #190
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanZ28 View Post
They have one thread about info on the Z28, and it mentions it having a rear wing and they respond with "I wonder if GM is targeting the ricer crowd..."

yet when some one mentions the Superbird they say "oh thats for downforce it's different"
well WTF is the Z28 wing for?
Hot Coffee!!
Yeah i was in that thread lol. The guy was ChallengerDAD and that MF has down syndrome or something lol.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #191
IanZ28

Drives: Future 20.. Camaro RS/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Yeah i was in that thread lol. The guy was ChallengerDAD and that MF has down syndrome or something lol.
haha yea I saw you My name on there is "440MagnumMan" since my Dad did have a 1973 Cuda with a 440 plus it makes it funnier when you disagree with them, there like
IanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #192
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I take it's that why you stopped going to challengertalk lol. There are a couple people on that site who is actually nice and respectful, one of them is that dodgetony someone already mentioned.
i still go there, but not as much anymore. it hasnt always been like that, just over the past couple months. its a shame, cause there are some good guys over there, like dodgetony...

i talk to tony every now and then through PM 's when i got questions. we should try to get him over here!
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #193
diecast17
Manual, Polished Wheels

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformers Edition
Send a message via AIM to diecast17
I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger that I loved at first. The classic look of the car is awesome! My car is going back to Dodge under lemon law, and I should have my new Camaro soon! The reason I wanted to go with the Camaro is I owned a Corvette before so I like the GM product. The Camaro can come in stick with a V6, also the Camaro can come in a flashy color in the V6, and you can get 20' polished wheel. The Challeger has none of that with the V6. I am now going to get everything I want in one car! I am spending a little bit more then I want or then I did for the Challeger, but I hope its worth it. I think it will be!

Plus I have been a Transformers fan and collector all my life. (I am 27)
diecast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #194
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I posted on SRTForums that I am getting camaro and thinking if I should keep or sell SRT-4.. all i got was hate.. calling me a red neck mullet wearer.. cursing me.. like 20 post going on how I should sell SRT-4 because I don't deserve it I'm gay.. talk about jealousy
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #195
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast17 View Post
I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger that I loved at first. My car is going back to Dodge under lemon law, and I should have my new Camaro soon!
There was someone over on Challengertalk that was doing the exact same thing with his SRT. And it actually broke down on the final trip back to the Dodge dealership he dropping was it off at!

And yes, they turned on him pretty quickly. Then they banned him.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #196
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
I think all in all our competitors FORD/DODGE/CHRYSLER are all the same type of folks, car enthusiast. Alot of folks are trapped in the 60's hype of muscle car nostalgia. Trouble is they didn't know anything about cars then, or now. This goes for 2010 Camaro owners too I'm finding. Its not lack of information out there for these vehicles. Problem is some folks just don't have enough common sense to do their research before coming to the realization that they are buying an inferior product (our competition, NOT!). Only thing we have going for us over them...GM has done the research for us...that means they keep delivering superior products despite the customers ignorance! All hail the 2010 Camaro!
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote