#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #43
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Sounds like Ron's problem was accepting the customer's business in the first place...

http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettef...63-post23.html

8 years ago some punk kid trashes his car... then blamed the speed shop.
So there are a lot of Vengeance problems it looks like. I have not met Ron at Vengeance or anything. But my point is people slam Hennessey and have never met or taken their cars there. I have never taken my car to Vengeance, but I am not going to slam someone on hearsay.

I am sure Vengeance is a fine shop and they have their problems. I am sure SeriousHP in Houston where I am from has troubles. I think it is wrong to slam someone and they have no experience with the shop.

https://www.google.com/search?q=veng...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic

Last edited by unavailablezl1; 02-26-2018 at 03:17 PM.
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #44
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
So there are a lot of Vengence problems it looks like. I have not met Ron at Vengence or anything. But my point is people slam Hennessey and have never met or taken their cars there. I have never taken my car to Vengence, but I am not going to slam someone on hearsay.

I am sure Vengence is a fine shop and they have their problems. I am sure SeriousHP in Houston where I am from has troubles. I think it is wrong to slam someone and they have no experience with the shop.

So just because we haven't been personally screwed by him the accounts of MANY people over the years of his shenanigans should just be overlooked? I read many even recent stories of people having regrets of letting his shop do work on their cars. We are trying to look out for people who are looking to make an informed decision on spending some serious money with a performance shop. As you have said and I agree he is great marketing.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:17 PM   #45
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Reckless View Post
We have a tech that left Hennessy and I have another personal friend that left there. Said it was awful and they would never return.
LOL Josh would come running back if we offered him $50 more than you guys are paying him now. Sorry but that won't happen as we have a shop full of talented MEN who dont go running for greener grass every 6 months.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:42 PM   #46
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
LOL Josh would come running back if we offered him $50 more than you guys are paying him now. Sorry but that won't happen as we have a shop full of talented MEN who dont go running for greener grass every 6 months.
https://jalopnik.com/ex-employees-sa...-ev-1778134112

Just one of many. But you know this. You KNOW the complaints, and of course you won't admit any guilt or fault here, which is to be expected. We understand that you have to defend your company. But honestly, very few people that know anything about cars would ever refer someone to Hennessy performance.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #47
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Say what you want, but he's a marketing genius and it works. Period. End of story. He's always one of the first out with the newest car, has it modded, videos, promotions and runs all video'd. Then customers come flocking. It's how it's supposed to be done. If anything, I fault other shops for not following that model and actually promoting, like hard promoting their kits. Most shops are just wrenchers. That's it. They'll never be more than that. John isn't a wrencher. He runs a multi million $ company and marketing is key. Plus he has backers so. He wins while the rest of you complain about it.

I personally would never bring my car to him, but I can't deny his business savyness, no matter his history. His shop is busting at the seams and he's making $. It's the American way. If you aren't inside, then you are outside. He doesn't care, nor should he. He's too busy making that coin. He hob knobs with all the knee cap suckers and honestly, I would too so.
smh... No one is denying the power of branding. Similar to the Trump brand. I don't care what ANYONE says about Trump, his brand is STILL worth billions of dollars and likely will be for many many years to come.

But regarding HPE, when you see articles written by journalists who have interviewed multiple top HPE executives, multiple, and hear about the business practices, it makes you ashamed to see people taken advantage of like that.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:14 AM   #48
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Boom. Shots fired. Finally you guys spoke up.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:55 AM   #49
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
https://jalopnik.com/ex-employees-sa...-ev-1778134112

Just one of many. But you know this. You KNOW the complaints, and of course you won't admit any guilt or fault here, which is to be expected. We understand that you have to defend your company. But honestly, very few people that know anything about cars would ever refer someone to Hennessy performance.
It's not surprising really, once you reach a certain age, you realize there are people that are simply psychopathic liars. Some of them have become quite successful in some areas, but the common theme is that they can usually never admit to it, they deflect and place the blame on everyone else, and they simply can't stop lying. Sometimes it completely destroys everything the person has built once it reaches a critical mass, because at one time they did see some success for their honest efforts, but they are masters at building up an empire and convincing themselves that "everything else" is what's wrong. Reading between the lines of that article and the interviews, it's painfully obvious.

That he has to come to this forum and attack other people and essentially corroborate all the stories and claims says it all. I hope at some point he can get the help he needs and that no one else gets screwed over.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #50
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
So just because we haven't been personally screwed by him the accounts of MANY people over the years of his shenanigans should just be overlooked? I read many even recent stories of people having regrets of letting his shop do work on their cars. We are trying to look out for people who are looking to make an informed decision on spending some serious money with a performance shop. As you have said and I agree he is great marketing.
I didn't say ignore the comments, that was not my point. You have a very valid point with good reasoning. You are not slamming John. I am not slamming Ron.

But somehow my OP of a video that shows OUR car(s) the ZL1 hauling ass at 217 mph, no matter who built it, and how good that looks to see a car going by at 217. You got to love that. Has now turned into a Quality Check post and slamming the builder.

Yenko now has a 1000hp Camaro, a Chevy dealer product only....etc and there are other car builders. You make me not want to post anymore kool vids or information about anything because you have to slam the builder. Can you not just enjoy the vid?

Signed,
Need More Vids

Past Rides
Old 02-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #51
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
LOL Hold on, asking Josh....then Joseph P. Maybe I should talk to Bill W too? (circa 2000)

I think what you meant to say was "We have a shop full of people, some are men, mostly that can't afford to leave, or can't find work in a better shop"

I am sure you have a lot of great folks. I can only speak for the few I know and first-hand testimonials (not hearsay). Funny how many cars we get from Texas though. Makes you wonder?
aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #52
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
Quote:
I didn't say ignore the comments, that was not my point. You have a very valid point with good reasoning. You are not slamming John. I am not slamming Ron.

But somehow my OP of a video that shows OUR car(s) the ZL1 hauling ass at 217 mph, no matter who built it, and how good that looks to see a car going by at 217. You got to love that. Has now turned into a Quality Check post and slamming the builder.

Yenko now has a 1000hp Camaro, a Chevy dealer product only....etc and there are other car builders. You make me not want to post anymore kool vids or information about anything because you have to slam the builder. Can you not just enjoy the vid?

Signed,
Need More Vids
I will agree with you on the videos. They are enjoyable to watch. Their white C7 video on our recently opened grand parkway was good and I also watched their latest demon video. Enjoy eating at Babes as I so wish they would bring some down here. I have good friends in Corinth and we try to eat there everytime I visit.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #53
LARMEDIC

Drives: 17' 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlocal175 View Post
Thanks, will do some research.
Look into Virginia Speed as well.
10'SS H/C/I M6 sold
12' C6 GS M6 H/C/I , A&A TI Trim ,15" Billet Specialties, 880 RWHP with 109 & meth. 9.70s @ 146 sold.
17' A8 1SS NGM stock for now
LARMEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #54
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
I will agree with you on the videos. They are enjoyable to watch. Their white C7 video on our recently opened grand parkway was good and I also watched their latest demon video. Enjoy eating at Babes as I so wish they would bring some down here. I have good friends in Corinth and we try to eat there everytime I visit.
Babes is a good place to eat. They have a steak place called Sweetie Pie's Ribeye's which is great place in Decatur.

I moved from Houston to Grapevine 3 years ago. I love it here

Past Rides
Old 02-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #55
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Babes is a good place to eat. They have a steak place called Sweetie Pie's Ribeye's which is great place in Decatur.

I moved from Houston to Grapevine 3 years ago. I love it here
I can't stand the smell of the cooking oil there, but luckily there are some other really good places to eat nearby

This week, I will have me some tacos...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #56
RonatVengeance

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
So there are a lot of Vengence problems it looks like. I have not met Ron at Vengence or anything. But my point is people slam Hennessey and have never met or taken their cars there. I have never taken my car to Vengence, but I am not going to slam someone on hearsay.

I am sure Vengence is a fine shop and they have their problems. I am sure SeriousHP in Houston where I am from has troubles. I think it is wrong to slam someone and they have no experience with the shop.

I am not sure why Vengeance Racing was brought into this nor am I sure why an EIGHT YEAR OLD POST was included in an attempt to make us appear to as you say" have lots of problems"... The ONE post you can find on social media that every detail was refuted in??? If you take the time to read the actual link you posted it is evident we went WELL above and beyond issues caused by the customer, not workmanship or manufacturer issues.

We take EXTREME pride in making sure our clients are 110% satisfied with their experience and on the rare occasion they are not we do what it takes to make them happy.
RonatVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote