Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
ARrado15

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
White smoke from exhaust after cam install...

So got the new cam in, and started it up and have white smoke coming from both exhaust tips... To me it smells like fuel, and there is also a bunch of fuel spitting out the exhaust... Any ideas on what it could be? I also keep getting a cel for cylinder 7 injector circuit open, but not sure why this would cause the other side to smoke as well. The smoke also increases with RPM if that is indication of anything...
Old 03-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
ARrado15

Also forgot that when I oringally started it up, there was no white smoke. This morning i had to take the water pump off becsuse it was leaking (gasket fell when installing). When i started it after the install is when the white smoke started. I also never took heads off. Not sure how it would be coolant leaking by a gasket somewhere...
Old 03-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
ARrado15

Alright so looked around and sure enough the wire harness that crosses in front of the timing cover got crushed by the timing cover... Alot of the wires were smashed so im currently in the process of re soldering them together. I've already re soldered the injector wire but still throwing the code. I'm curious if it somehow shorted out the injector itself? Any who, im going to get the wires finished tomorrow and see what happens .
Old 03-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARrado15 View Post
Alright so looked around and sure enough the wire harness that crosses in front of the timing cover got crushed by the timing cover... Alot of the wires were smashed so im currently in the process of re soldering them together. I've already re soldered the injector wire but still throwing the code. I'm curious if it somehow shorted out the injector itself? Any who, im going to get the wires finished tomorrow and see what happens .
After the wiring repair I would suggest pulling the battery before you try to start it again & clearing any codes if you have scanner access.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:23 AM   #5
ARrado15

Yea I've been clearing the codes with HPtuners but I'll definitely pull the battery cable after its said and done