Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #15
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchief View Post
MRR MO17 wheels, great product and great look!Attachment 938368
dude that convertible
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #16
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchief View Post
MRR MO17 wheels, great product and great look!Attachment 938368
What color are the rims? Looks real good!
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:13 AM   #17
Bobfly
OspreyTech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This is a good thread because there are so many choices out there for manufacturers. Ebay is a hit or miss place to do business. A lot of good retailers on there but a lot of crooks too. And there are a LOT of similar looking wheels from different companies to choose from with price the apparent difference (until you discover your rim won't hold air or takes a huge amount of lead weight to balance or the finish flakes off at the car wash etc etc). I've been shopping for the perfect wheels for my car since I bought it in march of 16. I can finally afford to get them so I've waited a long time. Not wasting my hard earned money on junk. Nor do I want wheels that are on 6 other Camaros in town. My car was kind of a bucket list purchase (geezer alert) and there's not a lot of coin in the bottom of the bucket.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:20 AM   #18
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfly View Post
This is a good thread because there are so many choices out there for manufacturers. Ebay is a hit or miss place to do business. A lot of good retailers on there but a lot of crooks too. And there are a LOT of similar looking wheels from different companies to choose from with price the apparent difference (until you discover your rim won't hold air or takes a huge amount of lead weight to balance or the finish flakes off at the car wash etc etc). I've been shopping for the perfect wheels for my car since I bought it in march of 16. I can finally afford to get them so I've waited a long time. Not wasting my hard earned money on junk. Nor do I want wheels that are on 6 other Camaros in town. My car was kind of a bucket list purchase (geezer alert) and there's not a lot of coin in the bottom of the bucket.

Sound thinking, I had an experience recently with the MMR 017 that kind of blew me away. I have bought five or six sets of wheels of the last couple years, all the way from a generic wheel for a friend to my $6000 Forgelines for my C7. I have never seen a wheel that did'nt take a small amount of weight to balance it. The new 017 is that I bought virtually took no weights on 2 of them , 2 took a 1/16th of an ounce. The installer said he'd seen that on all the 017's..... that's why you buy a good manufacturer......
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 AM   #19
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
thanks fellas , I am between the m716 flow formed or the stance sf03 made to spec.

going to decide soon,
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #20
Bobfly
OspreyTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarstingray View Post
thanks fellas , I am between the m716 flow formed or the stance sf03 made to spec.

going to decide soon,

That's great. Just don't go with the 755's.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:14 PM   #21
Bobfly
OspreyTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Sound thinking, I had an experience recently with the MMR 017 that kind of blew me away. I have bought five or six sets of wheels of the last couple years, all the way from a generic wheel for a friend to my $6000 Forgelines for my C7. I have never seen a wheel that did'nt take a small amount of weight to balance it. The new 017 is that I bought virtually took no weights on 2 of them , 2 took a 1/16th of an ounce. The installer said he'd seen that on all the 017's..... that's why you buy a good manufacturer......
Thanks. That's amazing and reassuring at the same time. I almost went with the 017's until I saw the 755's. MRR looks to be a very good company and their flow formed prices are extremely reasonable. Forged wheels are just too far out of my range.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #22
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfly View Post
Thanks. That's amazing and reassuring at the same time. I almost went with the 017's until I saw the 755's. MRR looks to be a very good company and their flow formed prices are extremely reasonable. Forged wheels are just too far out of my range.
To be honest, I really wasn't impressed with the MMR 228. I had a couple installers tell me that a lot of the wheels were out of balance, and just cast Chinese construction that didn't meet a lot of the spec.

Then I talked to Paul at PK design, I was assured that the 017 comes from a different source/plant, and flow forges it. That made all the difference. The
017 is stunning, especially when you get the optional powder coat clear for more gloss and protection.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #23
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Freaking love that wheel design. ^^^

That's a 1le design replica right? So Mr 228 and 017 are both replicas of the 1le wheel design ?
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote