Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 07-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #1709
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
If you're forced to drag out that excuse I think you'll find it doesn't provide much comfort.
I wouldn't use a tire as an excuse either. Anyone can buy the Cup 2s if they want. I am predicting the PP2 runs a little slower time. If it beats the 1LE then kudos to Ford. Hollow victory for 350 owners of that happens.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:38 AM   #1710
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
If the PP2 is not faster than the 1LE then IMO it is a fail. Not because it HAS to be faster, because it doesn't. It will be a fail because they went so far to make it perform on the track(R Comp), that is not really that street-able anymore, and expecially not in comparison to the 1LE.

To give up that much, and still lose at the track = fail. IMHO of course
Old 07-13-2018, 06:55 AM   #1711
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
If the PP2 is not faster than the 1LE then IMO it is a fail. Not because it HAS to be faster, because it doesn't. It will be a fail because they went so far to make it perform on the track(R Comp), that is not really that street-able anymore, and expecially not in comparison to the 1LE.

To give up that much, and still lose at the track = fail. IMHO of course
Also because they had all this time to develop something that would beat an unchanged car.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #1712
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
They already offer a car that will match or beat the 1LE in the 350 albeit at a higher cost. The PP2 does not need to beat the 1LE in Fords eyes because that would have it stepping on the 350’s toes. You all want to compare the 350 to the ZL1 and that’s fine but Ford has another car coming to fill that slot in the 500 so their agenda is different that what you’all think it should be.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #1713
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
They already offer a car that will match or beat the 1LE in the 350 albeit at a higher cost. The PP2 does not need to beat the 1LE in Fords eyes because that would have it stepping on the 350’s toes. You all want to compare the 350 to the ZL1 and that’s fine but Ford has another car coming to fill that slot in the 500 so their agenda is different that what you’all think it should be.
You’re kidding yourself if you think that’s not exactly what it was designed for. And I don’t think you will find much comfort in that mindset

Complete fail if it does not. Simple as that
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #1714
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
The PP2 is meant to go after the 1LE. No matter what way you try to look at it, that is what it is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
You’re kidding yourself if you think that’s not exactly what it was designed for. And I don’t think you will find much comfort in that mindset

Complete fail if it does not. Simple as that
I don't know if I would say complete fail. I would say it depends on the outcome.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #1715
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The PP2 is meant to go after the 1LE. No matter what way you try to look at it, that is what it is for.

I don't know if I would say complete fail. I would say it depends on the outcome.
Complete fail at its design goal

But yeah that’s a bit harsh/ not totally the way it should be worded. I’m sure it will be a very capable vehicle even if it loses. It’s just kinda sad with a tire advantage and coming out afterwards. Would really show the extreme inferiority of the S550 compared to alpha
Old 07-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #1716
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Complete fail at its design goal

But yeah that’s a bit harsh/ not totally the way it should be worded. I’m sure it will be a very capable vehicle even if it loses. It’s just kinda sad with a tire advantage and coming out afterwards. Would really show the extreme inferiority of the S550 compared to alpha
I still say it depends on what kind of times it turns in. If it is still like a second or 1.5 behind the 1LE then yeah that's a fail. If its right there.dead even i would say they succeeded in making a legit package to be compared to the 1LE. Now I would love to see them beat it, but I still think the 1LE will hold on to the better lap time, but I expect the PP2 to make it a respectable comparison .
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #1717
ULTRAZLS1

I guess a tie would be better than nothing

Kinda sad though if that’s all one can expect or be happy with as a mustang owner

Why can’t it come out and kick the shit out of the 1le? That’s what we would expect here and what gm usually delivers.

It seems many in the ford crowd are more than happy to just make excuses
Old 07-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #1718
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
V6 1LE > GT
SS > PP1
1LE = GT350
1LE ? PP2 (with odds on the 1LE)

Sweep

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #1719
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
So now the GT350 is the competition for the SS 1LE?? LOL! Ok.

And even with the GT500, by the time it comes out, 2020, it damn well better beat the ZL1. For the record, Ford is still acting all hush hush while everyone else out there has shown what they're bringing to the table. The Redeye with 797 HP all but takes away from anything the GT500 will have unless Ford pulls a trick out and has the GT500 at over 800 HP. If you ask me, Ford has waited too long to respond and they held information for too long while everyone else out there snuck up on them. Now that we have Redeyes and the standard HC received a boost and price drop and the ZR1 is out, let's just say the GT500 will really have to be something and I doubt it will be.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #1720
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So now the GT350 is the competition for the SS 1LE?? LOL! Ok.

And even with the GT500, by the time it comes out, 2020, it damn well better beat the ZL1. For the record, Ford is still acting all hush hush while everyone else out there has shown what they're bringing to the table. The Redeye with 797 HP all but takes away from anything the GT500 will have unless Ford pulls a trick out and has the GT500 at over 800 HP. If you ask me, Ford has waited too long to respond and they held information for too long while everyone else out there snuck up on them. Now that we have Redeyes and the standard HC received a boost and price drop and the ZR1 is out, let's just say the GT500 will really have to be something and I doubt it will be.
The only thing the PP2 will do is prove that Ford could have done the whole thing a lot cheaper and easier. Rube Goldberg

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #1721
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
I guess a tie would be better than nothing

Kinda sad though if that’s all one can expect or be happy with as a mustang owner

Why can’t it come out and kick the shit out of the 1le? That’s what we would expect here and what gm usually delivers.

It seems many in the ford crowd are more than happy to just make excuses

Easy. When Mustang fanboys keep telling us the GT is a Zl1 killer, yet is 11 seconds behind the Zl1 on the fast list I posted, they have to come up with some kind of win mentally. So, if it ties, they will consider it a huge victory. For us? It's a failure. That's the differences between the way we think.

Think about that. The Zl1 is a full 1/4 mile ahead of a GT on the fast list. A full 1/4 mile ahead. In 1 lap!!!!!!!!!! 4 lap race and the Zl1 is lapping the GT. So, their arguments, whatever they may be will fall flat.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #1722
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
The interesting thing is this:

The top Ford engineers on Mustang, in interviews lately, seem to give the impression they don't care at all about what Camaro is doing.

But then you come out with something like the PP2? Why? "To give customers a more thrilling experience"?

But... you put very wide Michelin Sport Cups on the car, go through the effort to completely retune the vehicle dynamics (ABS/TC/Stability/MRC), tweak the chassis/suspension (bracing and bushings) and lower the car a fair amount (with new springs). That's all a lot of effort and money just to offer "a more thrilling experience".

GTFO.

You could accomplish the same thing by just throwing on the GT350 springs (the PP2 are essentially that; I'm talking literally here), utilizing the GT350 MRC cal, using the GT350 tires (Pilot Sports/PS4; wider than PP1) and then, maybe offer some alternate wheels.

No, there was a higher goal here. A car or lap time was targeted. And... perhaps, somewhere along the way, in development, it was found that this "PP2" thing that was being developed as a skunk-works, was looking to be able to perform better than the GT350...
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote