Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #29
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
He talks so much sh!t with a car his mom bought him. Hopefully she buys him the new Corvette he wants so he moves his nonsense over there. Like when he said airbags were better than coil overs for a track car.
I think gringo and the show should just gets v8s and be done with it. It would be a good learning experience for both. Then they would know what they are talking about regarding s 5th gen SS.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #30
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
He talks so much sh!t with a car his mom bought him. Hopefully she buys him the new Corvette he wants so he moves his nonsense over there. Like when he said airbags were better than coil overs for a track car.
I wonder if his mom has to listen to as much bull$hit from him as we do LOL.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:08 AM   #31
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Get the SS unless you sit down to pee.
LOLOLOLOL !!! 🙄😁
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #32
LuSINda

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Let's not forget about the 2LT's timing belt and tensioner problems...

Lusinda
2010 2SS/RS
LuSINda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #33
rontammy0
Account Suspended

I think the v6 guys bash the v8 guys pretty hard. Just one big happy family.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #34
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I think the v6 guys bash the v8 guys pretty hard. Just one big happy family.
Because they are all jealous!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #35
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Because they are all jealous!
Maybe......most are fine but some just get way way out there when commenting on the SS.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:37 AM   #36
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Ill add my thoughts

The V6 will get almost the same gas mileage as the v8s for less performance.
The V6 will be cheaper to insure
The SS will have a higher resale value in the end.
The V6 has its place for people that dont want the power and just want the good looks.
I feel also that the LS engines are some of the most proven and reliable V8s out there.

Also, anyone who says you cant drive the SS cars in the rain with the Pirelli summer tires doesnt know how to drive. My opinion of course. I live in Washington and it rains 10.5 months out of the year. I have no issue. I also drive a 6 speed and that helps for sure.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:52 AM   #37
Mr. Hyde

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
If you want a performance oriented car that has decent power, handling and braking then you get an SS. If you want to get the looks you get a V6 model. I find most V6 owners that bash V8 owners are just rationalizing their terrible decision

Any of the comments about rain, tire life etc...are from inexperienced drivers (age does not matter). I daily my SS with zero issues. Be careful. Make sure you have good tires. All of this should be common sense.

Maintenance? Change the damn oil on time. The LS engines are nearly bulletproof and with a few modifications can take more abuse than the V6 can even dream of. I have a SBE 5.3 with gapped rings, 1/2" head studs and DBRods headgaskets holding 28-29 psi making 1200+whp.
Mr. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #38
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
You guys obviously didnt read the driving in the rain post. I said the stock tires suck in the cold ADD rain to that and there terrible. I also said it can be done you just need to be careful. Has nothing to do with not being a bad driver or being the best driver in the world. The stock p-zeros near 0 when it wet are the worst tires I've driven on.

By near zero I mean celcius so 32 for you southerners. Also I dont mean just at zero they start to suck at around 5-10 degrees.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #39
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
You guys obviously didnt read the driving in the rain post. I said the stock tires suck in the cold ADD rain to that and there terrible. I also said it can be done you just need to be careful. Has nothing to do with not being a bad driver or being the best driver in the world. The stock p-zeros near 0 when it wet are the worst tires I've driven on.

By near zero I mean celcius so 32 for you southerners. Also I dont mean just at zero they start to suck at around 5-10 degrees.
I hear ya.....way to much tire talk on here. The P zeros are ok when new...but they go from good to garbage real fast. I drove my car to my tuner last March in -3 degree weather on drag radials ....wtf ? And had zero issues Your right the P Zeros do suck.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #40
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
The the OP, With your comment about the insurance increasing $48 every 6 months, I would think that you may be pretty young. Do not buy a car based on what it will cost you per month/week. That’s where most people get screwed. Buy what your wants and financial capacity will allow you without backing you into a corner each month. But the car on the total cost of the car out the door. Do not pay notes for 84 months on a car.

With an SS, you have to burn premium fuel which in my area is about 60 cents a gallon more than regular. That’s about $8 more per fillup. Oil changes are about the same if you change it yourself. Body maintenance is the same as you’ll clean and wax them both the same. Your difference is Initial cost, fuel and insurance. If you have to make notes, Always be able to sell the vehicle for at least what you owe to pay it off. We would all probably be surprised as to how many people are upside down on the vehicles.

Personally I drove a 2LT RS with the 20” wheel option. I could have brought whichever I wanted to buy but chose the V6. The only reason I would have wanted a V8 was for the sound. My Camaro is not my daily driver but is driven to work every few weeks for a week at a time. I stay gone all week out of state for work. It has 40.750 on the clock now with the original PZero Tires. All season Falken Tires are about $145 each in 20’s.

Buy what suits you for your financial ability and wants. You have to like it, drive it and pay for it.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:32 AM   #41
rontammy0
Account Suspended

When you pay over $5.00 a gallon in the summer for premium you can complain about gas mileage and price. So op gas shouldn't be an issue for you.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #42
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
When you pay over $5.00 a gallon in the summer for premium you can complain about gas mileage and price. So op gas shouldn't be an issue for you.
I noticed it was cheap on monday......only 1.22/l for 94 compaired to the 1.5+ in the summer.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote