Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #15
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Living in commifornia 2 plates are required but cops here have better things to do i guess. I havent had a front plate since 2013
Old 02-24-2019, 04:50 PM   #16
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Massachusetts guys here:

**Please respond what are your mods and how have you passed MA inspection. I don't care about the plate.

Need to know what is the most I can legally mod my car in this god forsaken state.
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #17
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
You will absolutely not pass inspection without a front mounted license plate (even a friends shop would be hard due to video / pictures now). Most police cruisers are now using LPR’s (plate scanner) and locally they will be enforcing having both plates visible and mounted or it’s an automatic ticket.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:29 PM   #18
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2342 View Post
Massachusetts guys here:

**Please respond what are your mods and how have you passed MA inspection. I don't care about the plate.

Need to know what is the most I can legally mod my car in this god forsaken state.

I have had no issues in Mass with suspension mods, headers/ highflows with cat back. supercharger with meth injection. It is all about the tuning and whether you have any codes. As long as you aren't obnoxiously loud and you have no codes you should be fine. You can have one not ready sensor and still pass emissions.

I now have an A/C cobra replica and that god that thing is emissions exempt or I would never pass, that thing is loud!

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote