Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #99
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Drives: black zl11le
LT, cool and thanks for the words. I have no issues with anyone's reply, ROR is his own man and he can like and do what he likes. I was just giving an unsolisited opinion of my like of the car. I am adding the CAI pretty much that is it. I have purchased these wheel rings that attach to the edges of the wheels to protect from curb rash. I will shoot pics and show in case someone wants more info.
drive on!!!!!!!!
fredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #100
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Yes, sorry, but the pics are on an earlier page in this thread. I didn't want to repost them so if interested, go back and see. I put red on the rear, front and sides. Can take it off very easily.
thanks ROR
Old 04-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #101
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I agree with what you posted Fredz! I bought a ZL1 because of it’s LT4 and of 6 Camaros I have owned including the Z, it’s the fastest Camaro of all of them. Matter of fact it’s the most hp car I have ever owned! I do enjoy driving it and do notice when folks are checking it out when I driving it on the roads. All of us Z owners are in an exclusive club as compared to the other Camaro peeps. The ZL1 and ZL1 1LE are at the top of the Camaro chain and I’m very fortunate to be able to own one. The next step for us would be a Gran Sport Corvette or a Z06 and I would rather drive a Camaro. I’m sure Mr Lee or mlee will give you a good reply to your question. I really haven’t decided to do any mods to mine except for maybe a CAI system. IMO it’s fast enough for me but to each his own to mod theirs. On yours I would have left it like it left the factory because with the black exterior and black wheels it looks sinister to me, but it’s your Z so you can have fun with it and mod to your liking to make it different and unique! Rock on!!!
LOL I traded in a C7 Grand Sport for my ZL1 today!

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #102
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz View Post
Ok, got a question and an observation. We are all car peeps or we wouldn't be here?
Reading all our posts there are some that cool, some I don't understand and others I just wonder. We drive these beasts because we have those little pride monkeys (ego) that tell us every time we tee it up on the freeways..."I am the baddest and most lethal machine on this road right now"!!! I get that feel.....I try to tell myself "be cool, shave that show off attitude and just drive....I do that too!! But , once I look around and then back at my black Widow....I just know we are the emperor of speed, the ferocious monster cruising the 4 lanes and people are gawking! My little assbite of a kid comes out and I strut all over again...dropping the gears to wind up the sound of terror right behind that S63 or the M 4 trying to out manuever me in the lanes..., yah, I brag with sound, acceleration and looks! It does register once I hit a few of the impurities in the roads I am rockin and rolling and I don't mean to music. That is a notice that this is the Zl1...but also the 1 LE! It only lasts for a moment before the glide returns and I am glued to the highway like the center lines. It is such a rush that nothing, absolutely nothing takes away from the shot out of a cannon feel hitting the go pedal!!! I love driving this car it hurts to come home and park. Always hoping I have missed one more errand that I can turn around and go again, but alas.....the garage door opens, my widow is put back in it's web only to be let our in the world once again the next day.
MY Question: I did some mods on the exterior...not sure yet and the jury is out on its
look! Always we tinker, sometimes best to let alone, but your opinions are very welcome.
thanks, boys.........Flame on!!!!!
Me personally, I drive this ZL1 1LE beast because of what it was expressly designed for, to be the best bang for the buck track car ever--for the time being, IMO, it is.

Do you ever track the black widow? I see you live in Hermosa Beach, so you must spend a lot of time on the 405. I hope you're representing the ZL1 1LE safely out there :-) I can't exactly tell from the way you described how the urge to punch it takes over.

If you haven't tracked it yet, we have more opportunities year round in so cal than anywhere else. Once you try that you may find your urge to cut loose on public streets isn't what it used to be. And instead of street racing with a random M4 or S63 who may or may not be challenging you, you can go head to head on track for lap times against M4s, GT3s, Vipers, etc who are definitely competing with you.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #103
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Boy, flame on was accurate! No gentlemen, I do not race on streets and I do escape the urge challenging me each and every day on the 405! I am a very good driver and extremely respectful on 'road rules". But I appreciate your concerns and don't take offense to any assumptions I do otherwise. Love the car, as stated, and appreciate the danger it possesses if not respected. I may not have mentioned on this particular thread, but I have owned high performance cars my whole life.
I had a Cobra roadster, 427 Ford with 550 hp and 550 tq. ...all this in a 2200 pound fiberglass tub! That should sum my point up, but also, a Porsche 911 carrera, GTS couple, followed by a 1965 Shelby mustange GT 350 clone....then a 2017 Shelby GT 350 Mustang.....now this cute little road warrior! So, I definitely GET IT! . We should be good now, think that covers all the worries and concerns for the most part.
BTW....It was my intention to get the new 2020 GT500 once it arrived but with no manual trans.........NOPE! I believe the next generation Camaro will be the Car equipped with the Mid engine Corvette's motor at 1,000 hp. Probably call it ZLR1
Imagine our car with 1,000 hp? Why not.....Hellcat Redeye has 790ish...Demon has 808plus and the GT500 , in my estimation, will have 780ish.
All we have to do then is enlarge the spoiler on back and we can fly!!!
Old 04-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #104
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
On my way to James Martin Chevy in Detroit to pick it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
Traffic in Detroit sucks. First rest stop picture.
Name:  Frank1.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  Frank2.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  124.0 KB

Congrats & - Frank

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #105
sv340

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I get what Fred is saying. When I bought my '15 ZL1 it was near the top of the pile in American performance and some high end overseas performance cars. I wanted to take advantage of what it offered. It looks the part but I wanted to USE what it was capable of. I think this is the root of most everyone that buys these cars. That is why hitting the on ramp at twice the speed limit is so tempting and the other indiscretions that we and owners of similar cars take when common sense sometimes goes and sits in the tiny backseat.

The Gen 6 ZL1 and ZLE are currently at the top of the performance ladder in the USA. If your driving one of these cars (ZLE), you own a car that kicked the ass of every Corvette and Ferrari and within spitting distance of the Viper and GT3 around the 'Ring and it's 14th fastest production car ever to run the 'Ring. Ponder that (like you haven't right?). The ZL1 is only seconds behind the ZLE. When they officially run the A10, I have no doubt they will land in the 11-12th fastest. The fact that an upper middle class American can own that kind of capability, is testimony to the Camaro project.

I went to the Camaro Rally in 2016 in Sturgis. I was exposed to autox. I was hooked, I finally could legally access at least a portion of the capability of the car. When I compare the fun factor verse the cost, pretty hard to beat autox. Not as expensive or as hard on the car as tracking it, granted you don't get the thrill of driving 150 mph, but your brain doesn't know the difference. You hit the finish line with a huge thrill for 40 bucks for a day's worth of driving. I will do some track time just cause I want to experience it, but I autox with numerous road racing guys and they all say the same thing, autox is ton of fun, economical to participate, easier on the car and you are less likely to crack up your car.

This is a long winded way of saying autox is a great way to experience a portion of what GM put into your Camaro. It relieves some of the built up testosterone we all get from running these cars.
sv340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #106
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz View Post
Boy, flame on was accurate! No gentlemen, I do not race on streets and I do escape the urge challenging me each and every day on the 405! I am a very good driver and extremely respectful on 'road rules". But I appreciate your concerns and don't take offense to any assumptions I do otherwise. Love the car, as stated, and appreciate the danger it possesses if not respected. I may not have mentioned on this particular thread, but I have owned high performance cars my whole life.
I had a Cobra roadster, 427 Ford with 550 hp and 550 tq. ...all this in a 2200 pound fiberglass tub! That should sum my point up, but also, a Porsche 911 carrera, GTS couple, followed by a 1965 Shelby mustange GT 350 clone....then a 2017 Shelby GT 350 Mustang.....now this cute little road warrior! So, I definitely GET IT! . We should be good now, think that covers all the worries and concerns for the most part.
BTW....It was my intention to get the new 2020 GT500 once it arrived but with no manual trans.........NOPE! I believe the next generation Camaro will be the Car equipped with the Mid engine Corvette's motor at 1,000 hp. Probably call it ZLR1
Imagine our car with 1,000 hp? Why not.....Hellcat Redeye has 790ish...Demon has 808plus and the GT500 , in my estimation, will have 780ish.
All we have to do then is enlarge the spoiler on back and we can fly!!!
Sorry, not intended as a flame post at all. You wrote this:

"I am the baddest and most lethal machine on this road right now"!!! I get that feel.....I try to tell myself "be cool, shave that show off attitude and just drive...I just know we are the emperor of speed, the ferocious monster cruising the 4 lanes and people are gawking! My little assbite of a kid comes out and I strut all over again...dropping the gears to wind up the sound of terror right behind that S63 or the M 4 trying to out manuever me in the lanes..."

That's a description of speeding on public streets. And I thought you might be kidding or exaggerating, which is why I asked.

I asked if you ever tracked your ZL1 1LE, because it's the only way to experience what it's designed to do. I was wondering if you show up at Buttonwillow, ACS Fontana, Willow Springs etc. There aren't a lot of ZL1 1LE drivers and it's cool when you find them at the track.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:45 PM   #107
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post

Attachment 982147

Attachment 982148

Congrats & - Frank

Becky
I want one of each of those... a ZL1 1LE and a hug as you deliver it Becky... my color choice is different though...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:22 AM   #108
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:

Attachment 982147

Attachment 982148

Congrats & - Frank

Becky
Congrats! enjoy.

You have excellent taste in automotive pigmentation and in sales representation.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:19 AM   #109
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Attachment 982147

Attachment 982148

Congrats & - Frank

Becky

Thanks again Becky! Always fun getting to see you and Joe. Car is absolutely amazing.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #110
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Congrats on the new ride and to the Z club!

(Don't forget to update your sig and profile)
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #111
MikeEM1

Drives: Tracks: 18' ZL1 1LE
With the uses you provided, A10 ZL1.
AWE Track w/PLP
APR GTC300 wing / Singular Endplates
ASC Splitter / PA tunnels
MFR Engineering Custom Diffuser
Race Louvers Fender Vents
APEX SM10 & ARC8

For sale: 2018 OEM ZL1 1LE Wing

12' Nissan GT-R SOLD
MikeEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #112
Homeless Junkie

Drives: around in circles few days a month
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
LOL, seriously??

Who wants to purposely have a suspension that rides like an import with crappy coilovers, unless you are 19 and trying to be cool, but failing in a big way.

Not saying the ZL1 1LE is that, but your analogy is pretty far off from what any adult would want.
Pump yo brakes bro.. All I'm saying is most car guys were car guys when they were kids driving around in an import with crappy coil overs. If you endured that driving a 1LE isn't so bad.. especially if you wanna track it but also drive it on weekends. A guy who has mid life crisis and buys a ZL1 1lE is in for a surprise.

And there's plenty of adults with limited funds driving around in low budget coilovers. Because they're adults with kids, bills mortgage etc...
Homeless Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote