Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 04-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #1933
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanolic View Post
Been hearing about how the Coyote is maxed out since 2011. And Wnta1ss claimed the the SS was quicker than the *GT, try to keep up.

Every magazine tested the GT in optimal conditions? More horseshit excuses from LaLa land.

Car and driver corrects for weather conditions so you’re theory is horseshit and the Camaro was just slower.

You’ll be ok, you will beat a GT around a road course.
"LaLa land". Dude nobody invited you here. Like I told you before, YOU'RE the one who signed up here and came right to this thread and chose to spend the majority of your time here. If you don't like "LaLa land" then trust me, we won't miss you if you follow GSJ to wherever the hell he went.

When the GTs were not optioned a specific way and were not in optimal conditions and not on prepped rented tracks the best they could do even with a pro driver was mid 12s. We all saw it. The first ones that came out were 12.5, 12.6 etc. And a few of them even snapped axles and driveshafts. It wasn't until they figured out that you need it optioned that Evans traveled halfway across the country to get that one specific GT that had all the options needed and then ran it in the best conditions possible.

Not to mention every excuse the Mustang guys needed to the point where they have an extra trim level to compete against the Camaro. They needed to revise the entire car from engine to trans to ECU modes to tires to everything else you could name. And that was only 3 MYs after the all new 2nd Gen Coyote engine arrived. And after all that they then had to add in a "PP2". And they still didn't get even that right considering how it overheated. And then the engine problems, lol!! Like I said before all this, the GT had better be faster after all that it needed. And it was barely faster after everything it needed against an unchanged SS.

And I wonder where the GT would be if GM hadn't co-developed the A10 trans with them. It was clear that the SS did not need it. Neither did the Vettes. And I'm sure the ZL1 would have been still an animal if it had the A8. How fast would the GT be if it still had the A6? Yet the A10 was arguably the biggest improvement to the car and they needed GM to pull it off. So congrats. At their absolute best the Mustang needed GM to get to where they are.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #1934
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I said 500 and 480 is a bit far from 500. I also said safely and reliably. Is the GT350 engine safe and reliable? Is it safe and reliable to be placed into the GT which has higher production numbers? I doubt it. NVH issues, oil consumption issues, etc all tell me that Ford is not going to be able to make a 500 HP engine that will be reliable. Even the 2nd and 3rd Gen Coyote engines have issues and they are already maxed out.

Nobody said the Camaro wasn't slower. We just said that the Mustang has to be optioned specifically with specific modes and have a good driver on a good track in good conditions in order to make these hero runs. Go to a dealership and pick any Mustang GT and come out here to NJ in the middle of Summer with an average driver and then do the same with a random SS and the GT will lose. Mustangs need every condition to be matched to run the times you see the mags post. Or they need Steeda, MM&FF, and other outlets to do it. Let me tell you something, follow along any build you see MM&FF or Steeda or American Muscle do and compare your results and let me know how you do.
In actuality there isn't that much difference between 480 hp and 500 hp. That said, I'm sure Ford could eek another 10-20 hp out of the 5.0. They got 480 without changing heads or cams or anything but the couple of intake parts. 500 wouldn't be that hard to come by.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #1935
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
Quote:
"LaLa land". Dude nobody invited you here. Like I told you before, YOU'RE the one who signed up here and came right to this thread and chose to spend the majority of your time here. If you don't like "LaLa land" then trust me, we won't miss you if you follow GSJ to wherever the hell he went.

When the GTs were not optioned a specific way and were not in optimal conditions and not on prepped rented tracks the best they could do even with a pro driver was mid 12s. We all saw it. The first ones that came out were 12.5, 12.6 etc. And a few of them even snapped axles and driveshafts. It wasn't until they figured out that you need it optioned that Evans traveled halfway across the country to get that one specific GT that had all the options needed and then ran it in the best conditions possible.

Not to mention every excuse the Mustang guys needed to the point where they have an extra trim level to compete against the Camaro. They needed to revise the entire car from engine to trans to ECU modes to tires to everything else you could name. And that was only 3 MYs after the all new 2nd Gen Coyote engine arrived. And after all that they then had to add in a "PP2". And they still didn't get even that right considering how it overheated. And then the engine problems, lol!! Like I said before all this, the GT had better be faster after all that it needed. And it was barely faster after everything it needed against an unchanged SS.

And I wonder where the GT would be if GM hadn't co-developed the A10 trans with them. It was clear that the SS did not need it. Neither did the Vettes. And I'm sure the ZL1 would have been still an animal if it had the A8. How fast would the GT be if it still had the A6? Yet the A10 was arguably the biggest improvement to the car and they needed GM to pull it off. So congrats. At their absolute best the Mustang needed GM to get to where they are.
Dude, get this through your head , I don’t need your invitation. I was however invited here by a forum administrator. I don’t have a problem accepting that Ford revised the car, that’s what car companies do... even Chevy, you guys have real trouble accepting that tge GT* is now .3 faster than the SS in a drag race and its extremely amusing.

LaLa land.
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:20 PM   #1936
Ethanolic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
In actuality there isn't that much difference between 480 hp and 500 hp. That said, I'm sure Ford could eek another 10-20 hp out of the 5.0. They got 480 without changing heads or cams or anything but the couple of intake parts. 500 wouldn't be that hard to come by.
Increase displacement to 5.2 would put the Bullitt at roughly 500hp, use voodoo heads for even more.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:06 PM   #1937
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I said safely and reliably. And I'll add it would have to stay within emissions regulations. They already have a very high compression ratio, an aggressive cam, and DFI. They added the GT350-ish stuff to the Bullitt to squeeze out 480. So what is left that they could do while meeting government regulations for MPGs and emissions? I suspect they're at the end of their rope. And the 5.2 struggled to make 526 which wasn't even reliable and had no torque down low. Throw some bigger heads on it and then what? What kind of gear or trans ratios would they need to make up for the lack of power under 4K RPMs?
Quote:
Dude, get this through your head , I don’t need your invitation. I was however invited here by a forum administrator.
And get this thru your head, you have no right to throw insults at us. We talk about the cars. Not one person here has insulted you personally. If you dislike the Camaro or whatever then fine. But don't sit here insulting us.
Quote:
I don’t have a problem accepting that Ford revised the car, that’s what car companies do... even Chevy, you guys have real trouble accepting that tge GT* is now .3 faster than the SS in a drag race and its extremely amusing.
Say it a few more times and maybe it'll be true.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 04-21-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:16 PM   #1938
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
I said safely and reliably. And I'll add it would have to stay within emissions regulations. They already have a very high compression ratio, an aggressive cam, and DFI. They added the GT350-ish stuff to the Bullitt to squeeze out 480. So what is left that they could do while meeting government regulations for MPGs and emissions? I suspect they're at the end of their rope. And the 5.2 struggled to make 526 which wasn't even reliable and had no torque down low. Throw some bigger heads on it and then what? What kind of gear or trans ratios would they need to make up for the lack of power under 4K RPMs?
I think we are already seeing the future for the S550 GT with the Bullitt engine. I dont see them putting the 5.2 in the GT, not in this generation anyway. They may adjust the gearing and hopefully drop the MT-82 because it is awful.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:16 PM   #1939
Ethanolic
Banned

Quote:

And get this thru your head, you have no right to throw insults at us. We talk about the cars. Not one person here has insulted you personally. If you dislike the Camaro or whatever then fine. But don't sit here insulting us.

Say it a few more times and maybe it'll be true.
I haven’t insulted anyone personally, If you take insult to my describing this forum as LaLa land because you refuse to accept facts, well that’s on you, face facts and this place won’t seem like fantasyland.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:22 PM   #1940
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
If this forum is lalaland then why are you here? WTF do you care what Camaro owners think about Mustangs when you own neither? If we were on Mustang forums arguing about Camaros we’d be treated worse than you are here, with or without a golden ticket from the moderator.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #1941
Ethanolic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
If this forum is lalaland then why are you here? WTF do you care what Camaro owners think about Mustangs when you own neither? If we were on Mustang forums arguing about Camaros we’d be treated worse than you are here, with or without a golden ticket from the moderator.
This is a versus forum Chief and a thread about Mustangs and Camaros, that’s why I’m here... how bout you?

I don’t care about what Camaro owners think about Mustangs , nor have I lamented about how I am treated here. I’m sorry if my stating documented facts runs counter to the fantasy some spew around here.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #1942
Wild One

Drives: 13ZL1
Quote:
This is a versus forum Chief and a thread about Mustangs and Camaros, that’s why I’m here... how bout you?

I don’t care about what Camaro owners think about Mustangs , nor have I lamented about how I am treated here. I’m sorry if my stating documented facts runs counter to the fantasy some spew around here.
You obviously do.....
Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #1943
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
GT* A10
0-60 : 3.8 sec
1/4: 12.1 @ 120

SS A10
0-60: 3.9
1/4: 12.2 @ 118

GT M6
0-60: 4.3 sec
1/4: 12.6 @ 115

SS M6
0-60: 4.0 sec
1/4: 12.2 @ ?
Quote:
The 10-speed GT rocketed to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds versus the manual's 4.3, and it shaved half a second off the quarter-mile run, posting a 12.1 at 120 mph compared to a 12.6 at 115 mph. While the 455-hp Camaro SS with the six-speed manual bettered the similar GT with 4.0- and 12.2-second figures, the automatic Ford outpaced the 2019 Chevy with a very similar 10-speed by a tenth both to 60 mph and through the quarter, and also had a 2-mph-faster trap speed.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...n-performance/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:49 PM   #1944
hotlap

GT A10 (Non *) vs SS M6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tBFRA-JHcL8
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 04-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #1945
hotlap

Quote:
11.83. But they don't count that time because it was some guy named Evan who they think tried harder with the Mustang, or something.
How about a guy named Dell Blackhorse Jr?
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -
Old 04-21-2019, 06:21 PM   #1946
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I haven’t insulted anyone personally, If you take insult to my describing this forum as LaLa land because you refuse to accept facts, well that’s on you, face facts and this place won’t seem like fantasyland.
Quote:

Ok here are some facts.

Fact 1 - You are very disrespectful. If you have something to say about the Camaro. Then go right ahead. But you have no right to disrespect any of us. In fact, every time a thread gets thrown off course it is because one of you Mustang guys decides to start talking shit about us.

Fact 2 - For all the years that the Mustang lagged behind every other Muscle car, for all the heavy modifications Ford had to make to the GT with help from GM, for needing 3 years to catch up, for needing an extra trim level to match the SLE, and for the price, the GT is nowhere near where it should be. It should be destroying the SS. And at it's best, with a major part of it that was co-designed by Chevy, and with every option needed and on the best track in the country with pro-level drivers in the most optimal conditions, it merely is a driver's race.

Fact 3 - The PP2 overheats. The SS 1LE doesn't and neither do any of the 1LEs or non-1LEs for that matter.

Fact 4 - The Bullit for all it's 480 HP glory cannot beat the 455 HP M6 SS.

Fact 5 - After 6 years of development and well over 50 more HP the GT500 is not going to beat the ZLE and that is even if it can beat the ZL1 around a track.

Fact 6 - There will be a 7th Gen Camaro for 2022. Nobody knows if there will be a S650, S550, or whatever from the Frod camp in 2022.

Fact 7 - Not every GT will do a low 12. EVERY SS will do a low 12.

How's that for "LaLa land" champ??