Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
2012 LS...OnStar was finally able to grab the codes during a CEL event...

These events happened two days in a row last week...and I've had this happen in the past when the temperatures changed, and then it usually isn't an issue for another 6 months (if at all).

I signed up for a free month of Onstar, to try and see the codes. In the past, by the time I brought my Camaro to a dealership (with the check engine light remaining lit) they don't pull any codes.

So today I had the flashing CEL/service Stabilitrak warning, reduced power, etc.

Onstar pulled the following:

P0273 - (Cylinder 5 Injector Circuit Low )
p0300 - (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected )
U0401 - (An issue has been detected in the Antilock Brake System.)

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Now, I have a Vitesse throttle controller, which I don't imagine has anything to do with the issue (I keep it set at "zero" anyway, I just like how it changes throttle lift off), would anyone imagine Chevy may give me a hard time if the above codes fall under my powertrain warranty, seeing that attached?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

EDIT: Seems to be addressed under this service bulletin: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...41933-1865.pdf
Old 12-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
If you’re driving a 2012 you should have no PT warranty left. But if you did, I don’t think they’d have turned a blind eye to the throttle controller.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #3
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
If you’re driving a 2012 you should have no PT warranty left. But if you did, I don’t think they’d have turned a blind eye to the throttle controller.

Ouch, you are right, while I'm under my mileage, my warranty was up 11/25/2016.

So I imagine, at this point, it doesn't really matter that I have the throttle controller hooked up, right?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Ouch, you are right, while I'm under my mileage, my warranty was up 11/25/2016.

So I imagine, at this point, it doesn't really matter that I have the throttle controller hooked up, right?
No it doesn’t. I suppose sometimes if things are are documented as having come up before your warranty expired, you might get some sympathy from the right dealer. Many have talked about ‘mod-friendly’ dealers as well. But again, moot. I bought a lease and a dealer extended my bumper to bumper to 5 years and I have a couple cosmetic things to fix before next June.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #5
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
No it doesn’t. I suppose sometimes if things are are documented as having come up before your warranty expired, you might get some sympathy from the right dealer. Many have talked about ‘mod-friendly’ dealers as well. But again, moot. I bought a lease and a dealer extended my bumper to bumper to 5 years and I have a couple cosmetic things to fix before next June.
Thanks!

I was through all this long ago, it feels like, where the did a foam cleaning to clear out carbon build up. I was going to get a catch can at the time...in fact...I think I have one I never installed...so perhaps it is that same issue arising again. I'm thinking of trying out a bottle of Techron to clean my system out before bringing it into the dealership. I've also read that these issue can crop up when the seasons change (in the north east) because fuel is switched over to a winter mix. Just trying to figure out a solution other than $500 at the dealership and/or going home without it actually being fixed.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I know you don't want to hear this, but.... I'd get a manual cleaning done of the intake valves and take off the throttle controller. Then, see if that fixes the problem.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #7
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I know you don't want to hear this, but.... I'd get a manual cleaning done of the intake valves and take off the throttle controller. Then, see if that fixes the problem.
That could help, I feel like it might be the best option. I can't get the damn throttle controller unplugged, I can't get down there on the correct angle.

EDIT: I'll try again before I drop it off.