Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #29
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
In 90*F weather here in California with stop and go driving I am getting up to 232*F coolant temps and not liking it. I am running the AGP race intercooler so that is a big issue. Thinking about 3 things to change.....bigger alum radiator....higher cfm fans and a electric water pump to be controlled by my Pro EFI computer.
Flex a lite had a nice radiator /fan set up that they have now discontinued. So it looks like there is only Mishimoto ($400)or Be Cool ($900) for radiator options for a 2010 SS. Does anyone know of any other options?
Also.....can't seem to find any higher cfm aftermarket fan system upgrades either.....anyone know of any?

Anyone upgrade their cooling systems????
Probably won't help your problem but I pull the hood insulator rubber off the back of the hood. Air in, it has to get back out. Don't like it, put it back on, It helps on my GN,
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #30
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
I was looking at the setup with a Dewitt's that vengeance offers on there site. Debating on upgrading to the brushless motors.
Talking with the tech guru John Dingman at Dewitt Radiators he says the brushless Spal fans are top of the line as they will not bog or slow down under load. They keep their fan speed regardless of load factors. So I got them.
Check this website out and watch the video.
https://wizardcooling.com/spal-brushless-fans/

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #31
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Talking with the tech guru John Dingman at Dewitt Radiators he says the brushless Spal fans are top of the line as they will not bog or slow down under load. They keep their fan speed regardless of load factors. So I got them.
Check this website out and watch the video.
https://wizardcooling.com/spal-brushless-fans/
Wizard Cooling is who built the radiator I used with (2) 14" Spal PWM brushless fans. NOT cheap but worked extremely well.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #32
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Wizard Cooling is who built the radiator I used with (2) 14" Spal PWM brushless fans. NOT cheap but worked extremely well.
Thanks for that. When I talked to vengeance they said they could upgrade to brushless but that they haven't had any problems with the brushed motors. I'm gonna wait till I have the new engine figured out and look at my options again.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #33
blake-b

Quote:
Thanks for that. When I talked to vengeance they said they could upgrade to brushless but that they haven't had any problems with the brushed motors. I'm gonna wait till I have the new engine figured out and look at my options again.
No problem. They also were always friendly and had great customer service.

Just a heads up for anyone running the AGP setup. If you get a radiator that is thicker, you might need to rework the "snake" (passenger side plumbing into intercooler). I had to route mine to the outside of the frame. It ended up looking like the driver's side. Those with AGP kits already will understand.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #34
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
Just for curiosity sake, what is your definition of "NOT cheap"? You can pm if preferred
Old 12-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #35
blake-b

Quote:
Just for curiosity sake, what is your definition of "NOT cheap"? You can pm if preferred
Here is a screen shot of the invoice. If you were a TIG welder, you might be able to save a few bucks doing your own work after tracking down the parts. I think they sell shroud kits. I am not a good TIG welder so buying it done saved me more in frustration than saving money would.

I also remember at the time them telling me only a few places could even get the fans in question. That has probably changed in since then.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #36
ZX1truth

Quote:
DeWitt's setup was $1700 and change for the whole ball o wax.

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
Old 12-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #37
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
DeWitt's setup was $1700 and change for the whole ball o wax.
With the brushless motors?
Old 12-12-2019, 08:37 PM   #38
ZX1truth

Quote:
With the brushless motors?
YES

Old 12-12-2019, 08:39 PM   #39
ZX1truth

Quote:
Just a heads up for anyone running the AGP setup. If you get a radiator that is thicker, you might need to rework the "snake" (passenger side plumbing into intercooler). I had to route mine to the outside of the frame. It ended up looking like the driver's side. Those with AGP kits already will understand.
Hey Blake ...did you take any pics of the pass side re route I/C "snake" once done?

Old 12-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #40
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
I had a custom radiator made.
Hey Scuzz.....did your AGP passenger side I/C pipe that is real close to radiator need to be modified at all. Blake said his needed to be.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #41
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
YES
Did you just email Dewitt's directly? I'm intrigued
Old 06-01-2022, 03:21 PM   #42
Watts ss

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 2012 camaro ss
Any chance you could share what jethot coating you have on headers and how much difference it made?
Watts ss is offline   Reply With Quote