Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
betolley

Drives: Chevy Camera
Steering Wheel issue with Android 10.1 inch Stereo and Scosche ITCGM01B

I have the Scosche and Stereo installed by a local professional installer company. I can't get the Steering Wheel buttons to work. If I set the Scosche to different radio types and Use the second button learning(That says Key 1-12) utility on the pictures I can get setting back from the buttons but I get different numbers back each time I run the utility. If I run it as Chinese I get all 0000 but if I run as different types I get different numbers. If I run the first utility it immediately detects a button pressed and wants to assign it. If I assign it to something it continually does that action. I called Scosche support and they blame the radio. The radio sales blames Scosche. Any ideas? My backup camera works great in the mirror like before and the stereo works great. I just miss my buttons on the steering wheel.
Attached Images

betolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Did you try using all of the different radio types on the scosche while using the first learning utility? I have the scosche kit and a chinese headunit working fine (Android 9).

My button learning utility is similar to your first one and I had to try them all to find one that worked. On the scosche I think I set the radio type to Pioneer (could be something else, don't have the car right now). Using chinese didn't work for me as well and I think I had a similar problem when using other radio types.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:56 PM   #3
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
please be sure you didnt plug the headphone jack for SWC into the aux port on the radio if it uses that.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:34 AM   #4
betolley

I had it installed at a local shop. They said they connected Key1 wire to key 1 and Key2 wire to key 2 on adapter and stereo. I called Scosche and they told me to try this:

1.Disconnect Key2 and only have key 1 connected.
2. If 1 doesn't fix it switch Key 1 and Key 2 wires and see if works.
3. If not 2 Blame chinese headunit :(

RedRyder-> Are both of your Key wires connected? Should I be using canbus instead?
Old 07-11-2020, 11:33 PM   #5
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
It's been years since I installed it so it's a bit fuzzy but I think I only connected one swc wire..

Or if it had a 3.5mm plug, just the plug.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:15 AM   #6
betolley

Scosche support told me yesterday that their system must not be compatible with my Head Unit. We unhooked SW1 and SW2 and tried reconnecting them SW1->SW2 and Just Sw1->Sw2 and Just SW2->Sw1 but nothing worked :( So no SWC for me :( My stereo does not use the 3.5mm jack.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM   #7
betolley

So I hooked back up like the directions said and called Scosche support and they sent me a new kit(2-3 months later). I hooked up just the dash part with the new touch screen and it just worked so if someone else finds this it was the kit even though everything else worked perfectly.