Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #29
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Right on Cliffy. It's all good.

It's all a bad memory now. I just paid them the two back payments and my current payment online. I will write a letter GMAC but I don't think it will do much good or if they will even care. I'll just be sure to second guess who I finance with in the future. I'm afraid GMAC may have lost a customer for life.

Thanks all for listening.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #30
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Yes I get statements. Mailed paper copies and emails. For the months of October and November of 2008 it showed $0 due. I tried to point that out to them...they didn't care because it was a "mistake" that they've now fixed...geez thanks GMAC!!
If the statements they send you say you owe $0 then you owe $0 for the month. I'm about 99.9% sure that they can't punish you and hold you responsible for their screw up.

I'd tell them straight up that you have documentation that you paid what you were billed for those months, ie nothing and they can either accept that they're gonna have to eat it, fix it or you'll see 'em in court.

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #31
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Right on Cliffy. It's all good.

It's all a bad memory now. I just paid them the two back payments and my current payment online. I will write a letter GMAC but I don't think it will do much good or if they will even care. I'll just be sure to second guess who I finance with in the future. I'm afraid GMAC may have lost a customer for life.

Thanks all for listening.
I would get them to send you something in writing that they have not reported non-payment for over 30 and over 60, or for that matter done any credit reporting.

It sounds like since the system did not auto-debit and had a printed 0 due, odds are real real high that was also on the core books and records, if so, then there would be nothing to report and since you made the back payments and current ones, credit report should be clean.

That said, it would not hurt to press GMAC for a letter regarding the mistake in case some time down the road this does not show up on your credit report.

As for the event itself, sorry to here it, from your description there would be no way for you to know and not even any reason to ask any questions past what you did. For what it is worth, I have been on thechnology side in the finance industry for a very long time and as easy as this sounds for them to "fix" it really is not.

The options are to just forgive the payments (fat chance), structure a sub-payment plan to pay the past payments over say 6 months (that would be a real mess and your issues never end), or lump it altogether, push the customer to pay on the bet that they will with too much complaint and it really fixed.

For future reference, if this ever happens again on any kind of loan, keep making the regular payment, after a certain amount of time with their books out of balance they will likely just cut you a check, in the mean time they are losing interest.

<Some days peanuts, some shells, and some days it rains>
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced
5000 - 9/16/9 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 9/17/9 - Delivered to Customer

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
WildClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #32
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
SSOOCH, I would call GMAC back and talk to a higher up and make sure they do not report this to a credit bureau, it is NOT your fault.......period!

Hey SSOOCH, you think you are mad now, wait until something expensive dies after 37 months and you wish you didn't cancel it!

Just kidding, I didn't take the extended either!!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #33
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Come on dudes, extended warrantys are for Toyotas

I am going to push them for a letter to prove I did nothing wrong and make sure it doesn't ding my credit report.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #34
HokieERVet

Drives: SIM/2LT/RS/Black/Manual
for the people that are saying a minimum payment is always due no matter what- that is not always true...

for a while, my student loans were paid by my employer- they would pay a lump sum (12X monthly payment) to Citibank at the beginning of my contract. I then had no payments for that year as long as I told Citibank not to record it as a Principal payment.

Ssooch- what a pain to have to deal with this (kinda feel like you would gotten farther by banging your head on a table, huh)...I would definitely pull a credit report from one of the agencies next month to see if a 60 days late was posted- wait until next month though to give time for this to be reported. If it does show up- file for a correction and supply the forms that show you had a zero payment due for October and November. May not work but worth a shot.

At the very least make a short statement explaining this and have it attached to all of your reports. Some lenders will look at this if you get a FICO ding from this.

Good luck...
HokieERVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #35
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
How's your relationship with your dealer? Maybe they can help. If you have documentation maybe the dealer could talk to their GMAC rep. If nothing else to make sure it doesn't effect your credit rating.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #36
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Honestly SSOOCH, I can't see how you could have known there was even a problem...with autopay and statements saying amount due $00.00, I would have assumed the same as you. GMAC screwed up and some low level manager tried to blame you.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #37
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
SSOOCH I feel for ya brotha. It's hard to believe they wouldn't work something out with you. I would definitely check your credit report and be sure they didn't report you with a 60 day late on top of screwing you with 3 months of payments all at once.

I can't understand at all how you would be responsible for something that is clearly their error.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #38
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I guess what I am saying is..at some point..shouldn't one of your statements said you were two months over due...or did they just wake up one day and say you owe us two payments? I would get whoever the F&I person is at your dealer involved..they have a GMAC manager they can contact.

As for GMAC direct pay..that is a bad idea. You DO NOT want to authorize anyone from the outside to take money from your bank account. I would rather have the control over that, so I have my online banking set up to auto pay every month. That way I can change my payment amounts or whatever at my will.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #39
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Sounds like the big financials are still cooking their books even after the billions we gave em Sorry man for the grief but you did the right thing by settling up with the Government motors finance division (didn't we buy them out too?). Can't win. better to take you biz elsewhere next time. Like you said its the principle of the thing.....Maybe eating an extra 1% on a refinance is just the thing for you if its a principle thing.....
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #40
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
You dont get treated as a customer anymore. You are just a number, 1 of many to them.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #41
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
If the statements they send you say you owe $0 then you owe $0 for the month. I'm about 99.9% sure that they can't punish you and hold you responsible for their screw up.

I'd tell them straight up that you have documentation that you paid what you were billed for those months, ie nothing and they can either accept that they're gonna have to eat it, fix it or you'll see 'em in court.
nova thats like screaming into a black hole and expecting to hear an echo In the mean time they slam you on your credit rating.....while your making your last stand with them..... you can flip off the tow truck driver while he repos your S%$#
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #42
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
Quote:
Come on dudes, extended warrantys are for Toyotas

I am going to push them for a letter to prove I did nothing wrong and make sure it doesn't ding my credit report.
I feel bad I didn't use my time machine and come back from the future and tell you that before you bought the extended warranty. I blame it on the excellent Scotch and Coke I picked up from the future.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote