Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #15
ReVeNanTSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I am not a fan of changing gear oil the a thicker viscosity. It may cause poor lubrication of the clutches and chatter/groan. Will it hurt? not really. For every day driving I would stick with 75/90. If you are getting a whine you have wear. Likely the side carrier bearing has some play so when the diff is loaded it is pushing the carrier to the side changing the tooth contact pattern making the whine. Road course or towing is the only time I'd use 75/140 personally.
Yes I have whine now. I dont know is it good to replace ring and pinion to 3.91. but too much alingment on there
ReVeNanTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #16
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Maybe I'm off base here but, road course change interval is something like every 6 hours! Yikes
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #17
ReVeNanTSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Maybe I'm off base here but, road course change interval is something like every 6 hours! Yikes
I don't get it
ReVeNanTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #18
Ashen L99

Drives: Ashen grey, 1SS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Start by changing the fluid. Make sure is has the friction modifier in it.
These cars are noisy by nature.
You should hear the diff with aftermarket bushings.
Yep, did the Delrin bushings from bmr and every once in a while I get a little gear noise. Shifting into gear I get a resounding tink, but that’s par for the course.
Roto-fab big gulp, Nick Williams 102mm TB, Kong X-port LSA, Ported LS3 heads, BTR stage 4 V2 pd cam, 416 CI bottom end, original block. TSP 2” long tubes, Corsa ZL-1 catback. Nitrous Outlet 102mm plate kit/100 shot JUST IN CASE. NGK BR7EF plugs with Taylor plug wires. DSX flex fuel kit, 1 Walbro 450lph, 2 525lph return style fuel system, deatchwork 1000cc injectors. B&M deep trans pan, stock 6L90 converter, ZL1 diff 3.23 ratio. GM ground effects, T-Rex upper grill, Z/28 Spoiler, Lolly pop Lime brake calipers, Forgestar F14s, 12” subwoofer, and custom paint matched interior.
Ashen L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 11:33 PM   #19
RoadRunner70

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS 2012 Auto/TR
Sorry for resurrecting an old topic.

I also have a howling sound when accelerating. I replaced the main gear pinions by OEM AcDelco and all bearings. The howling became quieter, but did not go away.

Before that, about 2 months before the sound appeared, I changed the differential bushings to non-original Energy Suspension 3.1153R.

Today I saw in the Whiteline's catalog that their bushings affect the angle of the gears.

Quote:
Whiteline's differential bushing solutions ensure pinion angles are maintained while delivering an improved gear shift resulting in reduced initial torque loss and greater power transfer to the wheels.
Could these aftermarket brand bushings affect to the diff noise ?
RoadRunner70 is offline   Reply With Quote