Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
m3bs

Drives: '19 ZLE, S54 E36M3
BMR Toe Arm Feedback

I’m dealing with rear toe issues on my ZLE. I’ve seen several posts where people have installed the BMR arms, but have yet to see any feedback as to whether the problem with shifting alignment on track. Do they help?

I’m also hoping they make setting the toe easier and more repeatable. I can get it close, but getting the last few tenths of a degree is really tough. It changes by half a degree with an almost imperceptible movement of the eccentric.

Elimination of the TTY bolts would also be a plus....
m3bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
NorthGeorgia

Drives: 2018 ZLE, 2023 C8, IMSA MX-5
Same and have ordered. Rear toe movement likely due to curb climbing at Road Atlanta. Will know Aug22 if they help. Eccentric lockout should eliminate any chance of slip. A regarded GM tech at a shop here in ATL said common issue on the platform and indicated the lockout and setup would solve it. Also could be over used TTY bolts and improper torque since some highly regarded drivers indicate no issues on other tracks. Figure it can't be any worse unless there is some kind of dynamic suspension magic we end up dialing out.........

May need to post in the Track thread for feedback

Last edited by NorthGeorgia; 08-07-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: .
NorthGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #3
m3bs

Exactly. I did a day at Roebling and everything checked good. I did RdAtl at the end of June and did get pretty greedy with the T3 curb and the exit of T5... Both rears had significant toe-out afterwards.

I just finished aligning it again, with new bolts, again. Hopefully I can make it through a couple of days at VIR next week.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:54 PM   #4
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
you might want to check out the SPL units... https://www.splparts.com/products/re...maro-gen6.html
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:09 PM   #5
m3bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGeorgia View Post
Same and have ordered. Rear toe movement likely due to curb climbing at Road Atlanta. Will know Aug22 if they help.
Awaiting your post-RdAtl update......
Old 08-28-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
you might want to check out the SPL units... https://www.splparts.com/products/re...maro-gen6.html
Anyone running SPL suspension parts instead of BMR there is a big difference in price for all suspension components.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #7
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Anyone running SPL suspension parts instead of BMR there is a big difference in price for all suspension components.
SPL stuff is machined aluminum with locking collars that have titanium screws... I don't know about the heim joints since BMR doesn't list their supplier.

I try to clean/lube my BMR joints up with every oil change and haven't had any issues in the 4 years they've been on my car. I drive year round in the northeast and leave my car parked on the street a lot. The adjustment nuts do get sized up a bit and it takes some force to loosen them up for an alignment.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:12 PM   #8
NorthGeorgia

Drives: 2018 ZLE, 2023 C8, IMSA MX-5
@m3bs

Ran lots of 1.37s and managed a 1.36.88 in last session on hot track. Also ran some 305 Nankang AR1 fronts with 325 G3R rears.

1st for the toe arms. Easy install. You have to pay attention to seating the eccentric lock out washers flush to the surface within the tabs on the exterior sides of the toe bracket mount. Think they r rectangular vs square and must orient lengthwise with the tabs. Easy for them to rotate as you tighten bolts allowing them to either ride on top of the little tabs or have play which would result in lack of lockout and toe slippage. Double check with good light to ensure washers flush with in tabs on both exterior sides of mount bracket.

On track can't say car felt any different but definitely stayed consistent on turn in and braking stability both days. Didn't notice any more NVH save maybe a additional creak here and there while slow turns. Need to get the car up on the quick Jack to see if anything moved but seems impossible with the eccentric lock out. Alignment guy said so much easier to fine tune the toe. Looks like a good add and keeper.

Interesting alignment head scratcher. Had tires changed at the shop then aligned. After laser aligning on the Hunter rack, we rocked and rolled the car back and forth and retested. The alignment really moved and had to be redone. Baffling and both figure it was user error in setup or must have settled at some point after going up on the lift for tires. IDK....

The Nankang AR1 (100 tw) did well up front and hope to get 6 days on them. Noisy like an off road truck tire but wore evenly. similar to a nt01. Came up in heat and pressure similar to G3R. Could feel sidewall rolling over especially in T1 and T12 and my min apex speeds were off in both corners mostly due to me not pushing with new setup. Earlier this year ran 315 sport cups (old inventory) up Front (180 tw) with G3Rs on back and they lasted 6 days but with more understeer. The SC2s ran consistent 1.37s even on the 6th day. The nankangs definitely have 1.35s in them at my level.

Will be back with Chin in September.

Last edited by NorthGeorgia; 08-29-2020 at 03:33 PM. Reason: ..t1
NorthGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #9
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
SPL stuff is machined aluminum with locking collars that have titanium screws... I don't know about the heim joints since BMR doesn't list their supplier.

I try to clean/lube my BMR joints up with every oil change and haven't had any issues in the 4 years they've been on my car. I drive year round in the northeast and leave my car parked on the street a lot. The adjustment nuts do get sized up a bit and it takes some force to loosen them up for an alignment.
Our rod ends all come from Viking Performance.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote