Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-08-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Ok to drive without tune? Ported Heads

Hey gonna get dyno tuned in two weeks. Wanted to get my hands on a set of ported heads before I did. However, the dyno is 4 hours drive from me. Would it even be possible to drive that far on ported heads no tune?
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:37 AM   #2
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
reset ur ecu , take it for a spin and keep it in lower rpms. if it feels fine id think your good, just keep the rpms down...no wot's!
edit: just saw the 4hr commute, send your tuner the specs of your heads with some live data and he should send you a temp tune to get u there.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:37 AM   #3
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I drove mine around after swapping heads for a few days and drove to the tuner. Just take it easy.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:19 AM   #4
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Long as no v8s pull up next to me on the way there I shouldn't be tempted to floor it lol. Apreciate the responses. I'll take it easy on the drive. Being a manual staying under 2k rpms shouldn't be too hard.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote