Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #1
justdenny

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
HUD issues - 2011

Hi any and all Camaro owners, long time no see. I have searched for this issue for a couple of hours now and can't find much, so, pardon me if there's info I did not find.

I have a 2011 2SS/RS with HUD. My HUD has become dimmer, and looks like it might be partially obstructed. I know there used to be a few DIY posts about pulling the dash to replace or install HUD, but I can't find the original, although I have seen the off-site SuperChevy one and a few recent attempts.

My hope is that I can access the HUD for cleaning and inspection without pulling the dashboard, as I'm pushing 70 and it's not going to be as easy for me as it is for some of you young pups.

If anyone knows before I try crawling around in there if I can get to the HUD to clean it WITHOUT removing the dash, could you please let me know?

Thanks much
Old 05-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
You can pull the instrument cluster and the HUD wiring and plug are right behind it. Not much you can do besides inspect the wiring and plug though. Won’t be able to take the HUD out or anything without removal of dash. The silver instrument cluster trim can be a pain to take off. The little black piece in the middle bottom is a pain to take off the silver trim
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
HUD installation instructions
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...&highlight=hud
gtstorey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 01:21 AM   #4
justdenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
You can pull the instrument cluster and the HUD wiring and plug are right behind it. Not much you can do besides inspect the wiring and plug though. Won’t be able to take the HUD out or anything without removal of dash. The silver instrument cluster trim can be a pain to take off. The little black piece in the middle bottom is a pain to take off the silver trim
Thanks for the reply. That's kinda what I thought. I had the instrument panel off a few years ago to hardwire a GPS...it was a pain.

Thanks again
Old 05-25-2021, 01:22 AM   #5
justdenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Thanks for that
Old 05-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #6
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
It's probably not your case as you'd already know this, but for anyone reading that doesn't, shortly after I got my car I had a problem with dim HUD. Took a while to stumble on to the HUD adjustment that is blocked view by the steering wheel.
Turn it up and move it around and make it display what you want...
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote