Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
JoshJ81

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
I think the LT headers, you will start to hear AFM kick in more? But yes, under load you will get better performance and sound. I would be worried about 4 cyl mode sounds though.

K&N Air Intake System
Muffler Delete
JoshJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #16
MBRP Tech
Manufacture

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn SS View Post
I've got an L99. I like the quiet when cruising. I've just added Roto-Fab CAI and it did exactly what I had hoped and heard - better sound under load and better performance, but quiet when cruising along. ARH LTs on the way and will get a tune. I've been leaning toward keeping stock mufflers because I always want to preserve the quiet cruise.

I guess that's a long way of asking if adding this system will add performance and good sound under load, but preserve the quiet cruise?

Scott
Our system when under load has a nice deep note that is not over the top and when cruising db levels are extremely close to the stock, with a deeper note.

Adding the long tubes as well as an intake will definately change the sound under load, but I would think cruising will be still very reasonable with the full combination.

Jeff Carr
Sales & Special Events Coordinator
MBRP Inc. Performance Exhaust
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com]
MBRP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
Videos when you can please
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Very Nice.... Can't wait to hear... I love the sound on the LS3...

As for LT plus Catback I would definitely tune out AFM... Pretty sure it would be a bit over the top to do both.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #19
MBRP Tech
Manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
Videos when you can please
We will have them soon for sure. The system jigs are close to being done now and then we can put the finished system on the customers car...

We will be doing interior clips as well driving at different speeds.

Jeff Carr
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com]
Old 10-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #20
G.E.

Drives: black on black twenty ten ss/rs
How much longer do you think? another week or so? few days?
G.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #21
Longhorn SS

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SSRS L99
Want a test fit car? I live in Katy. :-)

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Roto-Fab CAI, ARH 1-3/4" LTs w/cats, LMR tune, KW V3 coilovers, Pfadt F&R sway bars, end links, rear trailing arms, tie rods, solid subframe bushings, HPS brake pads
Longhorn SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #22
MBRP Tech
Manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E. View Post
How much longer do you think? another week or so? few days?
It will be next week some time that it's all completed and ready for video's. I'll get the videos to our IT right away and get them posted on here for you guys to check out.

Jeff Carr
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com]
Old 10-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
MBRP Tech
Manufacture

Ok guys, we are finally going out to video the L99 in the morning before the customer picks it up...calling for rain again but will still take them. I will get it posted up by the end of the day for you to check out.

I also grabbed a bunch of under shots as well that I'll post.

Jeff Carr
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com]
Old 10-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #24
duffmobile

Can't wait, keep us posted!
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #25
duffmobile

Anxiously awaiting...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #26
MBRP Tech
Manufacture

L99 Video and pictures

Here it is, the system specifically built for the L99 auto cars with the AFM (active fuel management system). Our R&D team has spent a ton of hours working on this car to give it an awesome exhaust note while still achieving the best hp and tq gains possible while minimizing the AFM system sound. The system has a nice deep note that when you put your foot to the floor, you know it’s definitely not stock, but when you are just cruising you can have a conversation without the exhaust being overbearing.

We have done the dyno testing to maximize the cars potential as well as real world road testing to get the best possible sound. I will post the dyno info as well...the customers L99 that we have had here for the past month testing with pulled 19 rwhp & 22 ftlbs. This is just a few horse under what the LS3 did, but trust me you don't notice the few less horses at all.

We designed, built and tested many different configurations to get to the point of what we feel is the best set up for the L99. The system is fully mandrel bent, has a 3” high flow resonator with an internal crossover back to the chambered mufflers. Both the mufflers and the resonator are designed specifically for the L99. We offer the option of round tips (S7024 series), or square tips designed for the dealer installed GFX package (S7026 series) and the systems come with a lifetime warranty.

On the videos, we did a multitude of driving styles from light to hard acceration to just driving around town. We also pointed out in the videos when the AFM kicks in and from personally being in the car through out the testing process I can tell you it’s minor. If you weren’t listening for it and just having a normal conversation with someone you wouldn’t pay attention to it. As with even a stock system the AFM is noticeable turning on/off but being a mechanical process we can only minimize it...which we have.

We will be running a “forum intro special” and as soon as I have pricing I will let you guys know.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM, email, or even call me directly and I’ll answer them for you.

Jeff Carr
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com]
Old 10-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #27
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRP Tech View Post
Here it is, the system specifically built for the L99 auto cars with the AFM (active fuel management system). Our R&D team has spent a ton of hours working on this car to give it an awesome exhaust note while still achieving the best hp and tq gains possible while minimizing the AFM system sound. The system has a nice deep note that when you put your foot to the floor, you know it’s definitely not stock, but when you are just cruising you can have a conversation without the exhaust being overbearing.

We have done the dyno testing to maximize the cars potential as well as real world road testing to get the best possible sound. I will post the dyno info as well...the customers L99 that we have had here for the past month testing with pulled 19 rwhp & 22 ftlbs. This is just a few horse under what the LS3 did, but trust me you don't notice the few less horses at all.

We designed, built and tested many different configurations to get to the point of what we feel is the best set up for the L99. The system is fully mandrel bent, has a 3” high flow resonator with an internal crossover back to the chambered mufflers. Both the mufflers and the resonator are designed specifically for the L99. We offer the option of round tips (S7024 series), or square tips designed for the dealer installed GFX package (S7026 series) and the systems come with a lifetime warranty.

On the videos, we did a multitude of driving styles from light to hard acceration to just driving around town. We also pointed out in the videos when the AFM kicks in and from personally being in the car through out the testing process I can tell you it’s minor. If you weren’t listening for it and just having a normal conversation with someone you wouldn’t pay attention to it. As with even a stock system the AFM is noticeable turning on/off but being a mechanical process we can only minimize it...which we have.

We will be running a “forum intro special” and as soon as I have pricing I will let you guys know.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM, email, or even call me directly and I’ll answer them for you.

Link is not working...

It says...An error occurred. Please try again later.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
Link works, but jeez, even with my sound turned all the way up, I could barely hear anything.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote