Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-28-2021, 09:55 AM   #99
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
You're a funny guy. The reality is anyone can go out on the interwebz and find articles to support nearly any position.

What is really relevant is that the demand for petroleum is and has been inelastic, i.e. does not change as much relative to price. That tells us that a small change in supply can have a much larger effect on price.

Uncle Joe stopped Keystone first day in office, which had no impact on supply, but it does have an impact sentiment which affects the spot price because of speculators bidding up futures.

He also stopped drilling on federal lands which has directly reduced the amount of oil the US produces, and he also increased regulations on natural gas output from oil wells making some wells unprofitable further reducing US production.

Oil companies are also pretty good at reading the tea leaves and have reduced their capital investments in US oil assets because of the direction the government is heading, also emboldening speculators.

In a world where OPEC+ controls the vast majority of the oil production, a US president probably would not have a lot of influence on price, but in a world where OPEC+ volume reductions are met with increased US production, OPEC+ has shown their reluctance to reduce output when it just directly enriches US oil producers who are able to commensurately fill the supply gap. If the US producers can't fill that gap because of governmental constraints, prices go up.

The argument that the US can't affect global prices is Obama and pre-Obama era BS. In 1973, we did not have much influence on global price because we did not produce a lot. Now, if the government gets out of the way, we produce more than any other country in the world. I won't even get into the geo-political reasons why we should produce oil domestically.

In short, tell it to someone who does not know better.
This is all very true. As I said I work in the industry. I don’t go to Google for facts, I live the facts every day. This guy is obviously dense or blind, he’s a Biden fan boy, you can’t get thru to them even if the truth is brighter than the noon day sun. I bet he’d buy art from Hunter if he had the opportunity. The demand for EV is not there it’s being shoved down our throats whether we like it or not because of “climate change”. I don’t believe in man made climate change, God is in control. I know, another bible loving gun toting conservative, scary ain’t it?
We CAN and have the resources to produce more Oil and Gas than any other nation, but not with idiotic red tape. One thing you guys have to realize as well is that it’s not just federal red tape. Most oil producing states have Red governors, those states have things easier. Ca, NM and one or two other states’ production companies have to worry about Their insane governors adding even more regulations at the state level. Our Oil&gas compliance division(OCD) was set up by the state originally to HELP us be compliant with federal and state regs. Under our current terrible governors leadership, the OCD has been weaponized against us. They have started using OCD to report small issues and minor violations (think minor safety issues like belt guards damaged or missing, or even rust stained dirt from salt water leaking past stuffing box rubbers on the well head) that are not big environmental problems to other state agencies that are then able to fine us. The OCD and BLM inspectors around here are mostly all The green energy types who really don’t oil and gas at all which makes them that much more willing to screw us.

The company I work with owns and operates 2000+ wells. We deal mostly in natural gas. We have well over 100 big and small horsepower compressors ranging from 800+ HP Ajax to 12 Hp kubotas. It’s getting more difficult to move natural gas because of the ever more stringent epa/state air regs. All gas burning engines have to be emissions certified ie full catalyst, afr controllers, tons of automation etc, you can’t vent gas from compressors or pits, no oil in pits, coming very soon you can’t use gas on pneumatic dumps for scrubbers or separators. I’ve been overseeing a project to compress instrument air for use in pneumatic dumps over the last few weeks so we can try and get past that hurdle.
It’s never ending, the current NM state and federal government want to make it as difficult and expensive as possible to operate wells. These people are insane. There is no other way to say it, they are insane. Every thing we need for cheap reliable energy is right below our feet, but the leadership in this country is betting the farm in unproven un reliable forms of energy that are going to make life more difficult for all of us. I’m all for better solutions in the energy world but we can’t gamble on something that is very likely to fail or cause prices to skyrocket. Personally I believe it’s all about degrowth but that’s just me. Liberalism/Marxism is the slow and systemic death to our nation. It’s anti freedom, anti growth, and everything this country was founded against. I won’t go into Brandon anymore than to say it was great when we had a president who could actually put a coherent sentence together.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:58 AM   #100
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
He’s not going to listen to us “retards” anyway. Typical of a person who can’t have an intelligent conversation without name calling.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:10 AM   #101
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Looks like I'm going to need some fuel composition sensors and a really big still.

Seriously, the pendulum always swings back. It ain't over just yet, but they are trying to make it hard on a fella.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote