Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-14-2022, 08:30 PM   #477
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Found this a bit interesting. A fake manual for EVs. Or at least a system that makes it feel like you are driving a manual.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/02/14/...-transmission/

Just nope...... Fake engine sounds and now fake manual.....
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:49 PM   #478
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post

It matches the fake cars in our increasingly fake world...
Old 02-14-2022, 09:19 PM   #479
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post

If they fake engine sounds, I want to hear one with the Jetson's car sounds...

https://youtu.be/qkBJbq2j5YU

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:28 PM   #480
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
If they fake engine sounds, I want to hear one with the Jetson's car sounds...

https://youtu.be/qkBJbq2j5YU
RIP Boombox while driving.

Killed by the NHTSA.

Ruining fun since 2022.....
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:58 PM   #481
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Found this a bit interesting. A fake manual for EVs. Or at least a system that makes it feel like you are driving a manual.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/02/14/...-transmission/
Kia has a transmission that's a CVT but acts like a "traditional" transmission, so this doesn't really surprise me. One thing I noticed is how Tesla has fashioned their steering wheel to look like it belongs with a Playstation. These next wave of cars are being marketed more towards the youth, and considering that the youth grew up practically with a video game controller in their hands, I can see companies engineering out all the things that makes some of us enjoy driving. Hell, I'd argue that it started back when power steering was introduced.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:52 PM   #482
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
lets not forget a/c and power disc brakes.manly men drive 4 speed big block COPO camaros with no P/s,A/C,or disc brakes.some forms of torture,like brakes that dont brake,or suspensions that dont actually corner,are better off left in the past with horses and buggy whips.i will concede that the 6th gen 1LE/ manual cars are probably the pinnacle of musclecar evolution and will be tough to top in some ways.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:25 PM   #483
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
I've got 360 dashcams. If someone dents my door, I'm calling insurance, getting a brand new door, filing diminished value claim, and then Lambo dooring my Camaro.
That isn't how insurance works. You don't automatically get your door replaced, and even if you do there's no requirement for it to be brand new. In fact, the older your car gets beyond about the first six months, the less likely you'll get this done at all.

As far as diminished value, it's on you to prove it. And, it isn't always easy unless you were literally at the dealer the day before having your car appraised for trade and you have it documented to compare against what they'll offer you now. And in a world where three year old vehicles are worth what the cost new on the market, you simply won't be able to show that ANY value was lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I had my dashcam running when an 18-wheeler hauling gravel was making a turn around a mix master with "clover" turns. His lane was supposed to yield to my lane which was just exiting the highway, but this asshat tried to go faster until he figured he was coming too fast and I was already in the lane. He applied his brakes, his load shifted, and gravel peppered the passenger side of my car. I called the police and followed him for about 5 miles but the police would not dispatch anyone while the 18-wheeler refused to stop. I even got the trailer's license plate on my dashcam. I called my insurance company hoping that they would pursue the idiot, but all they did was charge me my $500 deductible for a $1700 paint job. This happened a few months after I purchased my vehicle new in 2016. Geico (my insurance company at the time) claimed that even though I had recorded the incident, that they wouldn't pursue the driver. They figured it was cheaper to just hit my policy with the damage costs. I traded that vehicle in just yesterday and still took a hit on it financially as CarFax listed the insurance claim as an "accident". Have been off of Geico ever since.
Insurance companies are generally lazy. The only person that will look out for you is you. Each state should have an Insurance Commissioner that could possibly get involved. In CT, all you have to do is tell the adjuster "I will be filing a complaint with the State Commissioner indicating that you are not negotiating in good faith" and they will stop dragging their feet. If those complaints go to arbitration and the finding is in your favor, it's a knock on the carrier. Enough and they can be fined, have the premiums limited, or even lose the right to insure in the state all together.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:07 PM   #484
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Insurance companies are generally lazy. The only person that will look out for you is you. Each state should have an Insurance Commissioner that could possibly get involved. In CT, all you have to do is tell the adjuster "I will be filing a complaint with the State Commissioner indicating that you are not negotiating in good faith" and they will stop dragging their feet. If those complaints go to arbitration and the finding is in your favor, it's a knock on the carrier. Enough and they can be fined, have the premiums limited, or even lose the right to insure in the state all together.
I would say it's more about them finding the cheapest route to closure. I am sure it would cost them more money to go after this jackhole than to just hit me up with the claim. The problem I have with this, then I'm the one that is punished when the real driver at fault goes about driving like an idiot. He was probably taking a clover turn at about 40-60 which is a little nuts for an 18-wheeler.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:10 PM   #485
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I would say it's more about them finding the cheapest route to closure. I am sure it would cost them more money to go after this jackhole than to just hit me up with the claim. The problem I have with this, then I'm the one that is punished when the real driver at fault goes about driving like an idiot. He was probably taking a clover turn at about 40-60 which is a little nuts for an 18-wheeler.
Lazy, cheap... same thing.

That's why I mentioned knowing where you may have state, county, city-level resources that could help. If nothing else, the State Attorney General might be useful in chasing something down where the insurance company isn't interested in doing right by the customer.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:54 PM   #486
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
I"ll take the Demon...It's way more fun than a house..LOL...
I was at Maple Grove Raceway and watched a guy smoking a cigar leave the car show area with his Demon.. Proceeded to roll up to the tree with the windows up and the AC on...Still smoking the stogie.. Roasted the track and had to peddle it at the other end to keep from getting thrown off the track..{No rollbar, don't come back until we see one}..Then come back to the show and park it like he went for a loaf of bread...My buddy looked at me and said "we're doing it all wrong aren't we ??".....LOL...

Exactly...gotta admit more bad ass than a 2 bed 1 bath house.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:25 PM   #487
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Wasn’t there a 20k unit limit on all of the “Holden” cars? GTO, G8 and the SS?

Hey FF, this is the video to watch! Man this is exhilarating!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jkQmXueWIio

This is better...
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:20 AM   #488
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
This is better...

This is betterest
https://youtu.be/EM6nyGWcXks

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:20 AM   #489
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
At that speed, the driver must know that course so well he could drive at half that speed blindfolded. The ZL1 being street legal and the manual shifting is far more to my liking.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:41 AM   #490
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
back on topic

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote