Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-21-2017, 05:38 AM   #29
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
Yes , but this works for me because I don't have the ambient lights on the doors . Plus I can just put them on for shows and take them off..
You don't need and don't want to use ABL lighting for power. There's a door power wire in all models that's used.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #30
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
I have heard of them bleeding out, but I think it is a result of how they are installed. These projectors are just a film that fades with light after hours of use. If you wire them into your ambient lights or a constant power they will fade quicker since the light will be on more. I wired mine into my dome light so they only come on when the door is open, after all why have them on with the ambient light so they project on the sill plate when the door is closed?
Mine in my Denali are wired with the dome lights too but once a year or so, I have to swap them out because they become too light
Ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:10 PM   #31
Tomd27858

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I decided to pick up a set of puddle lights for my 2011 2SS. Boy...it was more work to get the wire loom stripped off, wires found, and the solder the taps in than I expected. I assumed about 30 minutes a side...took closer to an hour. They look good. Thanks to all that posted all of the pictures and wiring. I couldn't imagine trying to find the wires on my own.

I have a random question. The lights I have said to not wire them to be constant on. Also stated that if you left them on for more than 5 minutes, you could burn the image and it would not be covered by warranty.

The question that I have...what do you do when you are vacuuming the car out and detailing. Does the door circuit ground that we are hooked to turn off after the door has been open for a while?

Just curious.

Thanks again for the help.
Tomd27858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:48 PM   #32
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomd27858 View Post
I decided to pick up a set of puddle lights for my 2011 2SS. Boy...it was more work to get the wire loom stripped off, wires found, and the solder the taps in than I expected. I assumed about 30 minutes a side...took closer to an hour. They look good. Thanks to all that posted all of the pictures and wiring. I couldn't imagine trying to find the wires on my own.

I have a random question. The lights I have said to not wire them to be constant on. Also stated that if you left them on for more than 5 minutes, you could burn the image and it would not be covered by warranty.

The question that I have...what do you do when you are vacuuming the car out and detailing. Does the door circuit ground that we are hooked to turn off after the door has been open for a while?

Just curious.

I believe they time out just like the dome light. I have had puddle lights for a few years now and haven’t had a problem with burn in. Mine stay open for a while sometimes.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:49 PM   #33
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomd27858 View Post

Just curious.

There’s no power in the door (except truck release) if key isn’t in On or Start positions. Power to door is cut immediately when car is turned off and door is open.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote