Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2022, 10:05 PM   #57
cdubbs

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Insane. I hope it drives like new, seems they are never the same after a major accident.

It seems to be good other than a small dash rattle... I may have to take it back to them to look at it.

Handling and all that, seems to be the same as before the accident.
cdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:25 PM   #58
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
Glad you got your Camaro back. However, with that amount of a damage claim, and the the price drop that goes with it, it's essentially unsellable outside of the wholesale market, or a private sale. Not an issue though, if you don' t plan on selling it.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:43 AM   #59
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Did you get a payment for diminished value? In Georgia that would have been a lot of $. Probably at least $5,000. My son’s bill on his 2020 Mustang was just over $13,000. Diminished value was about $2,500.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:41 AM   #60
cdubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
Glad you got your Camaro back. However, with that amount of a damage claim, and the the price drop that goes with it, it's essentially unsellable outside of the wholesale market, or a private sale. Not an issue though, if you don' t plan on selling it.

I took it by Carmax yesterday and they gave me a very reasonable offer for it. Maybe it is the wholesale price for it but it was almost $40k. Much more than what I owe on it anyway.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:44 AM   #61
cdubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Did you get a payment for diminished value? In Georgia that would have been a lot of $. Probably at least $5,000. My son’s bill on his 2020 Mustang was just over $13,000. Diminished value was about $2,500.

No I didnt. Since it is my own insurance company I figured it was very unlikely they would pay that out to me.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #62
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubbs View Post
I took it by Carmax yesterday and they gave me a very reasonable offer for it. Maybe it is the wholesale price for it but it was almost $40k. Much more than what I owe on it anyway.
Did CarMax run the CarFax on it, or did you disclose the history? If not, their offer is based on a "clean" history, and will not likely stand once they find the history. It's unfortunate things happened this way, but the car should have been totaled.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:03 AM   #63
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
it looks good.as long as its driving well i would just keep it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:33 AM   #64
wavsine
________/\_

Drives: Gen6 NGM RS
Send a message via Yahoo to wavsine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
the car should have been totaled.
^ This

The adjuster needs an attitude adjustment. You have to get tough with these guys and refuse to have your car repaired.They don't care if you end up with a repaired car that squeaks and rattles and has a horrible resale value because of the Carfax.

Most people are unaware of the diminished value claim but this car is a textbook case.
wavsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:49 AM   #65
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Wow I am shocked it wasn't totalled
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #66
cdubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Did CarMax run the CarFax on it, or did you disclose the history? If not, their offer is based on a "clean" history, and will not likely stand once they find the history. It's unfortunate things happened this way, but the car should have been totaled.

They looked over the whole car and noted all the panels and paint were not original on the drivers side. Im pretty sure they ran the report, I told them it had been in an accident. They were willing to buy the car on the spot for their offer.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #67
cdubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
^ This

The adjuster needs an attitude adjustment. You have to get tough with these guys and refuse to have your car repaired.They don't care if you end up with a repaired car that squeaks and rattles and has a horrible resale value because of the Carfax.

Most people are unaware of the diminished value claim but this car is a textbook case.

The adjuster and the shop both noted the repair needed to be $30k to total the car, but the initial estimate came in at $25k. Sucks that the final bill was $40k (although im sure they dont count the rental cost) but your right the car should have been totaled.

Im still torn between keeping it and selling it. For the offer I got from Carmax I can still walk away +$10k positive. Would like a little more from a private sell but it will take a long time I think.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:25 AM   #68
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
The adjuster and the shop both noted the repair needed to be $30k to total the car, but the initial estimate came in at $25k. Sucks that the final bill was $40k (although im sure they dont count the rental cost) but your right the car should have been totaled.

Im still torn between keeping it and selling it. For the offer I got from Carmax I can still walk away +$10k positive. Would like a little more from a private sell but it will take a long time I think.

I'd let it go.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:25 AM   #69
xqwisit23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
If Carmax is offering you $40k for it and everything is disclosed and they are aware of the accident; take the money and run. Just my two cents having owned a few cars that were unfortunately in accidents. This used market is going to fizzle out and no one will give you anywhere close to the $40k when said and done. Good luck!
xqwisit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #70
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Its been awhile since I posted last. Just wanted to give an update for my long accident saga and man has it been a long one.

So about 10 months ago I had a major accident and my insurance company decided to go ahead and repair the car instead of totaling it, hahaha... yeah. Well a short ten months later it is finally all (mostly) done. Well except I still have to re-tint the back window and get Xpel clear bar reapplied to the car.

So through the wonderful world of indefinitely back-ordered parts and an initial estimate that was about $8k short of the final bill, my car is finally back in the garage.

So the final bill from the shop came in at just over $32,000 and that's not even the kicker. Since I was covered under my uninsured motorist policy, I got a non-expiring rental. That rental bill over 10 months ending up coming in at over 8 thousand dollars.

So all-in-all my insurance forked out just over $40k in total which would have far exceeded the amount needed to total the car from the beginning. This has been a journey I hope no one else has to experience.

What's your insurance rate going to be the next time you go to renew would be my next concern. Hell, I'd look at another carrier if I were you. This of course would be after you sell the car to CarMax.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, accident, camaro, total, wreck