Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-20-2022, 06:23 PM   #1
krazor8

Drives: 2013 2ss conv.
Rear o2 disable

Does anyone know if diablo sport trinity platinum or sxt will let me disable the rear o2 when I get my headers? Or do I need a custom tune
krazor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #2
14Camaro2ssRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazor8 View Post
Does anyone know if diablo sport trinity platinum or sxt will let me disable the rear o2 when I get my headers? Or do I need a custom tune
Nope... No handheld will, and not even hptuners software anymore....

That has become a BIG NO-NO with the EPA in the past few years, and they are coming down HARD now on places that do that - places that remove cats, O2 sensors, manufacturers that sell cat-delete pipes, places that do tuning and disable cat converter/rear o2 sensor trouble codes and any emissions-related stuff, etc...

They are fining them 10's of thousands of $$$ to over a few million $$$ (SCT/Derive Systems being one of them) - and places are having to stop selling products that delete emissions systems/cats, products that allow people to disable emissions-related items, etc... A lot of places had to just shut down and go out of business because of the high fines/penalties they got hit with...

So if you do mods like long tube headers or high-flow cats or no cats at all, you will have trouble codes triggered and your CEL will be on - and you will just have to live with it, or find some other way around it (like rear o2 sensor simulators, anti-foulers)...
14Camaro2ssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:32 AM   #3
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Camaro2ssRS View Post
Nope... No handheld will, and not even hptuners software anymore....

That has become a BIG NO-NO with the EPA in the past few years, and they are coming down HARD now on places that do that - places that remove cats, O2 sensors, manufacturers that sell cat-delete pipes, places that do tuning and disable cat converter/rear o2 sensor trouble codes and any emissions-related stuff, etc...

They are fining them 10's of thousands of $$$ to over a few million $$$ (SCT/Derive Systems being one of them) - and places are having to stop selling products that delete emissions systems/cats, products that allow people to disable emissions-related items, etc... A lot of places had to just shut down and go out of business because of the high fines/penalties they got hit with...

So if you do mods like long tube headers or high-flow cats or no cats at all, you will have trouble codes triggered and your CEL will be on - and you will just have to live with it, or find some other way around it (like rear o2 sensor simulators, anti-foulers)...
So how does it work for guys like me that have a previous dyno tune that has the rear o2's turned off? Will hp tuners leave it alone or will they go and update my tune the next time I write to it again?
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:46 PM   #4
gsxrturbo

Drives: 2010 ss
A SCT TUNER WILL
gsxrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:01 AM   #5
14Camaro2ssRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
So how does it work for guys like me that have a previous dyno tune that has the rear o2's turned off? Will hp tuners leave it alone or will they go and update my tune the next time I write to it again?
they will still be off.. as long as the person tuning it doesn't turn them back on, heh... hptuners latest/newest software versions don't allow them to be disabled, they don't even list them in the PID/trouble code section anymore... Older versions of the software can still disable them...
14Camaro2ssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:02 PM   #6
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Camaro2ssRS View Post
they will still be off.. as long as the person tuning it doesn't turn them back on, heh... hptuners latest/newest software versions don't allow them to be disabled, they don't even list them in the PID/trouble code section anymore... Older versions of the software can still disable them...
Thanks that's good to know.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:41 AM   #7
psualumni

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Zl1
I am preparing to install long tube Kooks soon and am looking for someone who will program out the rear O2s on my car. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Feel free to PM me.
psualumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:20 AM   #8
psualumni

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Zl1
Thank you for your reply.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk
psualumni is offline   Reply With Quote