Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-01-2022, 08:20 AM   #29
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
No I removed Wheel and fender liner, It is a very straight forward install, Once those two items are removed you have plenty of room, I did not remove the horn Bolt that they tell you to, The bolt was plenty long enough to add a second nut to hold the scoop. The directions are for a 10-13 a little different on the 14-15. I never payed attention to the IAT Temps but last night I checked and it was the same as the outside air Temp.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:47 AM   #30
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Joe,

You see when you place the order online it specifically asks you if you need an adapter for a CAI intake box.
Attached Images

2011 Camaro 2SSRS - Sold

No longer a 5th gen owner, but still an enthusiast. Ask me about my Front crash bars!
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:58 AM   #31
Joe.G

I ordered though summit, I called Roto Fab they are sending me one out.i was going to order thought Roto Fab but they said back order.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 08-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #32
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
No I removed Wheel and fender liner, It is a very straight forward install, Once those two items are removed you have plenty of room, I did not remove the horn Bolt that they tell you to, The bolt was plenty long enough to add a second nut to hold the scoop. The directions are for a 10-13 a little different on the 14-15. I never payed attention to the IAT Temps but last night I checked and it was the same as the outside air Temp.
And is this modification noticeable on the ride and performance?
It's worth it?

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #33
Joe.G

I can not say for sure, I have no way to really tell but I can not see how it can not help, this really opens air box and does bring fresh air in so it has to. For the price and easy install I say it is worth it. I do wish I cut a little less of the plastic in the front but you cant tell from the front. I Was going to get the Phastek one but ended up getting JRE, I have heard the Phastek is Steel and very heavy, the JRE IS Aluminum and light but very sturdy, I did have to paint it but that is no big deal.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-27-2022, 09:23 AM   #34
Joe.G

RotoFab sent me the offset adapter but it was of no help, there is plenty of room at the bottom but the top of the tank hits the CAI and puts pressure on it so I can not get the lid on.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-26-2022, 12:41 PM   #35
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
I can not say for sure, I have no way to really tell but I can not see how it can not help, this really opens air box and does bring fresh air in so it has to. For the price and easy install I say it is worth it. I do wish I cut a little less of the plastic in the front but you cant tell from the front. I Was going to get the Phastek one but ended up getting JRE, I have heard the Phastek is Steel and very heavy, the JRE IS Aluminum and light but very sturdy, I did have to paint it but that is no big deal.
Hey Joe,

Sorry we had to cancel your order. We did finally get the scoops back in stock. The Phastek Scoop is for sure heavier than the Aluminum scoop. Coming in at 3 lbs 5oz. We did opt to make these out of steel instead of Aluminum for the fear that we have seen some thin aluminum brackets on some the parts we offer crack and tear over time due to vibrations and harmonics created by driving.