Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-18-2022, 06:26 PM   #71
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
That chart shows me one thing:

The 6th gen sucks and I already knew that. Sales tanked after 2015.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 02:17 AM   #72
Silveradoss573
Banned

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
That chart shows me one thing:

The 6th gen sucks and I already knew that. Sales tanked after 2015.
I'm still waiting for (what now 4 years later) for the LT1 Camaro to increase the overall sales numbers which according to the experts over on Camaro6 was pretty much a guarantee.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 02:23 AM   #73
Silveradoss573
Banned

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
Whatever their marketing department is thinking, and whether they care not, they'll never see another dime of my new car budget. I've bought half a dozen new GM vehicles (including several trucks) over the past 20 years but won't support this woke new monstrosity that Mary Barra has created. Not just for her super aggressive push into going all electric, but also due to the shamelessly progressive direction of their new ad campaigns. Maybe their approach will pay off and they can replace all the customers they are going out of their way to piss off, or maybe not. Time will tell.
For myself, I refuse to feed the beast that wants nothing but glorified electric golf carts. Thank God I'm not brand loyal...
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #74
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
For myself, I refuse to feed the beast that wants nothing but glorified electric golf carts. Thank God I'm not brand loyal...
I can't help but to agree with this post. I have been brand loyal to Chevy for about 30 years (my first car was an Olds though). My family has been loyal to Chevrolet for nearly 60 years if you include my grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.

It saddens me that Chevy and GM have allowed their product offerings to erode to the point that most of their offerings are purely utensil based vehicles. I refuse to buy a vehicle that i don't care for. This includes EVs and generic cross-overs. Oddly enough, it seems that the pickup trucks are the only vehicles left at GM that will garner any interest with me. Many in my family that once bought Chevys have already defected to other brands. If the company refuses to make the cars that I like, then I will defect as well.

Chevrolet and GM will need to wake up and look at the big picture. They need a wider array of offerings that include the type of cars that once made them #1. The company will also need to maintain their advancement in quality and technology. The lack of quality severely hurt GM's reputation up to roughly 1999.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:17 AM   #75
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I can't help but to agree with this post. I have been brand loyal to Chevy for about 30 years (my first car was an Olds though). My family has been loyal to Chevrolet for nearly 60 years if you include my grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.

It saddens me that Chevy and GM have allowed their product offerings to erode to the point that most of their offerings are purely utensil based vehicles. I refuse to buy a vehicle that i don't care for. This includes EVs and generic cross-overs. Oddly enough, it seems that the pickup trucks are the only vehicles left at GM that will garner any interest with me. Many in my family that once bought Chevys have already defected to other brands. If the company refuses to make the cars that I like, then I will defect as well.

Chevrolet and GM will need to wake up and look at the big picture. They need a wider array of offerings that include the type of cars that once made them #1. The company will also need to maintain their advancement in quality and technology. The lack of quality severely hurt GM's reputation up to roughly 1999.

I've owned more GMs than anything and haven't bought a truck from them since square bodies. Quite literally the worst feature/dollar ratio available. Now, I get my use isn't everyone's use but I wanted something that you could do some light hauling with, some moderate off roading with, and road trip with. The ZR2 *should* be ideal for that, but it was an expensive joke.

1) Terrible MPG combined with the smallest gas tank of any of the domestics = least range. Range matters on both road trips and off road excursions.

2) Transfer case doesn't mechanically lock, hard use can overheat it. If you want AWD for snowy highways, no problem. Actual offroad use in sand, deep mud, whatever for extended periods of time? Nope.

3) Skid plate package was terrible compared to Ford and Ram, very minimal coverage, nothing for the fuel tank, basically an appearance package only as the front skid is 90% of the entire coverage.

4) Factory stereo easily the worst comparing premium trims

5) Significantly more expensive than similarly equipped domestic off-road oriented trucks.

6) The shifter is designed by a video gamer who's not really familiar with human hands. The least ergonomic stupidest way to complicate a simple system.

Now, that said ride quality was excellent and the interior was gorgeous. The horizontal screen was more useful than Ford and Ram's offerings. You get a true selectable front locker, which you can't get in any other 1/2 ton. 6.2L pulls strong and the truck feels quick. It's a relatively good looking truck, much better than the generation it replaces.

BUT it was a distant third to me, behind Ford and Ram. I ended up buying a Power Wagon instead of a 1/2 ton, but I'd have went with the F-150 Tremor over the Silverado ZR2 easily had I stuck with the 1/2 tons.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:50 AM   #76
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
I'm still waiting for (what now 4 years later) for the LT1 Camaro to increase the overall sales numbers which according to the experts over on Camaro6 was pretty much a guarantee.
It might not be to the liking of many, but the concept sounded good to me and I was giving it serious consideration to the point of looking to buy one.
Here is toyotas safety features which are handy to have to assist in driving and nannies which aren't always useless....even on a lowly corolla. Now look at a 2022 LT1.

Now go to the local carlot and be greeted by either none on the lot and "market adjustment" ripoffs and not even blind spot monitoring which was standard many years ago on brands that cared about customers.
GM continues to fail from design to sales on the Camaro. Good thing I don't own stock.
Attached Images

silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:59 PM   #77
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
I've owned more GMs than anything and haven't bought a truck from them since square bodies. Quite literally the worst feature/dollar ratio available. Now, I get my use isn't everyone's use but I wanted something that you could do some light hauling with, some moderate off roading with, and road trip with. The ZR2 *should* be ideal for that, but it was an expensive joke.

1) Terrible MPG combined with the smallest gas tank of any of the domestics = least range. Range matters on both road trips and off road excursions.

2) Transfer case doesn't mechanically lock, hard use can overheat it. If you want AWD for snowy highways, no problem. Actual offroad use in sand, deep mud, whatever for extended periods of time? Nope.

3) Skid plate package was terrible compared to Ford and Ram, very minimal coverage, nothing for the fuel tank, basically an appearance package only as the front skid is 90% of the entire coverage.

4) Factory stereo easily the worst comparing premium trims

5) Significantly more expensive than similarly equipped domestic off-road oriented trucks.

6) The shifter is designed by a video gamer who's not really familiar with human hands. The least ergonomic stupidest way to complicate a simple system.

Now, that said ride quality was excellent and the interior was gorgeous. The horizontal screen was more useful than Ford and Ram's offerings. You get a true selectable front locker, which you can't get in any other 1/2 ton. 6.2L pulls strong and the truck feels quick. It's a relatively good looking truck, much better than the generation it replaces.

BUT it was a distant third to me, behind Ford and Ram. I ended up buying a Power Wagon instead of a 1/2 ton, but I'd have went with the F-150 Tremor over the Silverado ZR2 easily had I stuck with the 1/2 tons.
You must have had a poorly trained and uninformed sales agent showing you the ZR2

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to compare the ZR2, the Raptor, and the Ram with the hellcat side by side on a off road course earlier this year and the ZR2 far outshined the other 2 trucks in every off road maneuver. Sure it has less power than the other 2 trucks, but it has more usable power where it's needed off road......down low! Comparable torque on the other 2 trucks comes in at a considerably higher rpm causing wheel spin. Yes the fuel tank is smaller.....it doesn't get 10 mpg! And when it comes to quality, Ford has the highest warranty expense closely followed by Dodge...but as they say "you get what you pay for". I disagree with a lot of the new products we bring to market, but I definitely disagree with you on the ZR2, they got that one right!
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote