Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2022, 06:28 AM   #29
Carpetguy

Drives: 2011
Got the car loaded up using 2x10x10 ft long.Pretty simple.Used the slots in rear frame and w
heel straps up front.
Supposed to get the car back in January and of course it will be snowing im sure.
Which will make it sketchy trying to load it.
Thinking about zl1 front hook in the grill Do I need to take the bumper off to install it?
Carpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:01 AM   #30
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetguy View Post
Got the car loaded up using 2x10x10 ft long.Pretty simple.Used the slots in rear frame and w
heel straps up front.
Supposed to get the car back in January and of course it will be snowing im sure.
Which will make it sketchy trying to load it.
Thinking about zl1 front hook in the grill Do I need to take the bumper off to install it?
If you’re talking about a tow hook then, yes.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #31
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetguy View Post
What I was thinking too.But just driving it causes more abuse pot holes etc, I was thinking.
Just confused about that.If it was a concern.
It's not about abuse of the car, it's about shifting weight on the trailer. With the frame slots used and the suspension squatted, the car doesn't shift forward as much under braking, lean as much while turning, etc. The center of gravity is up higher while it's on the trailer, so the movements of the car get multiplied as far as effect on handling. If you have a heavy trailer and your tow rig isn't stressed, it's a non-issue. If you're nearing the max on either and get on lousy roads, need to take an evasive steering/braking action, etc. then it may matter.

Safety is a spectrum, not a yes/no binary, and frame tie downs just move you a bit more to the safety side.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 01:58 PM   #32
Pkeen

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs, 2008 Avalanche
I towed my 2010ss from north GA. To Central FL. ON a U-Haul trailer with the tire straps ,no issues !
2010 Rally Yellow 2ss/rs , M6 ,416ci , K1 rods & crank,weisco -3.0cc dome pistons,.040 head gasket, 11.5 compression,1 3/4" LT ,3" pipes w/x-pipe no cats, Cam Motion cam 239/247 113+3 .621"/604" lift , BTR .660 Platinum dual springs w/Titanium retainers, CAI . Stock ls3 heads,intake,injectors & TB. 515rwhp/500rwtq.
Pkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 04:34 AM   #33
Carpetguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
If you’re talking about a tow hook then, yes.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2022, 04:38 AM   #34
Carpetguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
It's not about abuse of the car, it's about shifting weight on the trailer. With the frame slots used and the suspension squatted, the car doesn't shift forward as much under braking, lean as much while turning, etc. The center of gravity is up higher while it's on the trailer, so the movements of the car get multiplied as far as effect on handling. If you have a heavy trailer and your tow rig isn't stressed, it's a non-issue. If you're nearing the max on either and get on lousy roads, need to take an evasive steering/braking
action, etc. then it may matter
I have a duramax 3500 and heavy duty trailer. Was no issue towing.
Just whe. I pick it up was asking about if I had to remove the bumper to put a tow hook in the grill.
Thanks