Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-26-2022, 02:27 PM   #29
Winemedineme69me

Drives: Camaro ss Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
What caused the medal pieces to forum? The intake tube or filter? Looks like they came off that metal ring ...but how?

Im planing on geting a ESS kit in the spring and would like to avoid this happing to me , thanks
The G2 has a ring that fits over the inlet of the supercharger to bring the diameter to 4" from the 3.5", and that ring is held on by two set screws that are flush and they loosened up from the heat and vibration and the ring came off and it went into the impellers, it chewed up the impellers and sent the little metal flakes flying everywhere. The G3 and G4 don't have that ring since the inlet on the blower is 4", but of you get G2 then I would suggest putting loctite on those two set screws.
Winemedineme69me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 03:30 PM   #30
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemedineme69me View Post
The G2 has a ring that fits over the inlet of the supercharger to bring the diameter to 4" from the 3.5", and that ring is held on by two set screws that are flush and they loosened up from the heat and vibration and the ring came off and it went into the impellers, it chewed up the impellers and sent the little metal flakes flying everywhere. The G3 and G4 don't have that ring since the inlet on the blower is 4", but of you get G2 then I would suggest putting loctite on those two set screws.
Thank you for the information, will be using blue lock tight for everything for sure
Old 02-23-2023, 05:14 PM   #31
Winemedineme69me

Here's a highway pull in the new ESS G4 setup.

https://youtube.com/shorts/uzubgJ5jiuo?feature=share
Old 02-24-2023, 06:53 AM   #32
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
I'd get your tune checked out, those plugs are showing rich and lean. don't wanna break in an engine on the lean side.
Are u running an air fuel ratio gauge?
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 08:11 AM   #33
Winemedineme69me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
I'd get your tune checked out, those plugs are showing rich and lean. don't wanna break in an engine on the lean side.
Are u running an air fuel ratio gauge?
Those are the plugs I reused from my previous stock engine which broke a piston landing on cylinder 3 from the ring gap being to tight and 15lbs of boost, I threw then in this motor after the new engine since the were practically new when I put them in previously. I have since gone with new ngk tr6 plugs and they are looking brand new. I use the Ballenger afr500 v2 with the can input and I use HP tuners to dial it all in on the street.

Last edited by Winemedineme69me; 02-24-2023 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:40 PM   #34
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
sorry, I've got this habit on replying to the IP's post without reading the whole thread haha, glad u got it sorted!
your car sounds great
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote