Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-26-2023, 08:13 AM   #1
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Trans adapt reset and fast adapt reset

I swapped the 6l80 transmission and think I bricked the tcm in the new trans.. I think it was out of a 11 (my car is a 12) and they didn't know for sure.. everything was good(went in reverse, back up cam came on etc) until I went to flash my current tune. Then went limp. So I swapped my old tcm with the new VB and got the tcm working but I was driving and it shifts but seem like it don't want to engage. When I stall the car up to launch it, it just revs then when the rpm drop it pulls on off. Drive ok, shifts some what ok but idk if that got to do with the old tcm mixing with the new VB or what..I THINK I hit trans reset and adapt but I don't think it did anything... is it just that I have to drive it so it can learn or what... I was told to reflash, and trans adapt reset and fast adapt reset but in what sequence I go in

Key on
Reflash,
Reset
Start

Or

Key on
Reflash
Key off
Start
Off
Key on
Reset