Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2023, 01:29 PM   #29
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1_Chris View Post
Knew you had an beuatiful build, never noticed that engine compartment, just watched the video and must say wow!!!!!!
Thanks very much sir! Appreciated. Yea, she went from this, to this.

Name:  lod1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  301.9 KB

Name:  don 13.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  226.9 KB

Name:  don 14.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  201.7 KB
Old 05-21-2023, 01:32 PM   #30
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Absolutely one of my favorite builds…
Thanks very much brother!! Gotta say though, when I came upon YOUR build and saw what you were doing, and running, I was extremely impressed with yours!! Hats off to you sir!!
Old 05-21-2023, 02:26 PM   #31
Swerve69

Drives: Sinister SS
2010 2SS Auto Black

Step 1. I Installed a Dynomax VT axel back and it was fine. It sounded basically stock. After that, I installed Dynatech LT headers, tune, and CAI. This made it sound much better than stock and it was great.

Step 2. The fiberglass came out of the Dynomax mufflers so I had them warrantied, and replaced with Flowmaster American thunder axel back, plus added a summit X pipe (to replace resonator) at that time. After driving it out of the muffler shop I immediately knew I hated it! The drone at lower RPM's with my L99 auto transmission was pretty bad. The car was too loud and drony. It made me not want to use the car and it seemed slower. I don't think the flowmasters 'flow' well and I've heard (by a tuner) they can reduce HP.

Step 3. I wanted an exhaust that did NOT DRONE. It came down to Corsa or Solo Performance. I ordered the Solo Mach XL cat back. I sold the flowmasters and summit X pipe for a few hundred bucks.

The end result? I Love it! It's quiet while cruising and LOUD when you stomp on it. I'd say it's the perfect exhaust system for the SS. The Corsa's seem great as well, but are significantly more expensive. I wish Solo had the option for black tips, but other than that it's perfect.

If I had to do it all over again? Well, I would have bought the ZL1 (or SS) and kept the factory cat-back system. The NPP seems perfect when paired with Long tubes. Replacing the long tubes, CAI, and tune makes way more sense for sound and performance than replacing the factory CAT Back.
Old 05-21-2023, 02:58 PM   #32
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Submodel (V6, SS, ZL1) -2LT RS
Brand of Exhaust - BBK Headers with Green Cats Stock Exhaust with MBRP Tips/Match GFX
Type (Axle or Cat Back) -Stock
Pros - Good sound for a V6.
Axle backs or Cat back do not make a good bit of HP's and normally just sound horrendous.
Cons - Not really
Do you like it or not - Like
Attached Images

Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:38 PM   #33
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Thanks very much sir! Appreciated. Yea, she went from this, to this.

Attachment 1127516

Attachment 1127517

Attachment 1127518
Bad ass!!
Old 05-21-2023, 07:45 PM   #34
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have a set of Stainless Works 1 7/8, HFCs, complete Z28 exhaust, with a C7 Corvette X-Pipe instead of the H-Pipe. Sounds badass!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 08:28 PM   #35
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawz View Post
Submodel (V6, SS, ZL1) - SS 1LE
Brand of Exhaust - Corsa Extreme
Type (Axle or Cat Back) - Cat Back
Pros - No drone and sounds amazing.
Cons - Ended up being too loud for my local track after I installed cat-less long tubes. I had to add two Borla resonators to keep her below the 92DB sound limit.
Do you like it or not - Like the exhaust. Hate people who complain about a race track being loud loud...

Got any good idle and drive away clips? I was thinking of going corsa cratemufflers with added resonators to tone it down. Wonder what it would sound like?? Most love the extreme version on cammed cars, but not always practical.
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:14 AM   #36
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
Bad ass!!
Thank you brother!! Much appreciated.. And again, I just really LOVE what you did color combo wise with yours!! Just sayin..
Old 05-22-2023, 12:18 PM   #37
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2342 View Post
Got any good idle and drive away clips? I was thinking of going corsa cratemufflers with added resonators to tone it down. Wonder what it would sound like?? Most love the extreme version on cammed cars, but not always practical.
I do not at the moment, but I can get you one in the next day or two.
The resonators just take the sound down about 10DB and muffle a lot of the cool pops and crackles you would get on decel.

Still sounds great, just not as loud.
Corsa Extreme cat-back, Speed Engineering LT Headers with black ceramic coating, C7 Z06 Front Brake Upgrade, Custom Mishimoto Oil Cooler, BMR Tunnel Brace, Custom Dual Mishimoto Oil Catch Cans, MSD Plug Wires, Mishimoto Radiator and Hoses, Melling High Volume/High Flow Oil Pump, Improved Racing Oil Pan Baffle Kit, Improved Racing Oil Pressure Bypass Delete, Improved Racing Oil Pick-up Tube Clamp.
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 12:41 PM   #38
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
What a fun thread!! You don't see many of these anymore, so I'm glad to see it. Here's what I have.

Submodel (V6, SS, ZL1) - SS
Brand of Exhaust - Kooks, Noweeds, Solo
Type (Axle or Cat Back) - Headers, diverters, catback
Pros - Classic muscle car sound, minimal drone (none prior to cam, minimal that I haven't tuned out since cam), LOUD when I want, moderate when I need it, catback alone sounded good enough I made a neighbor sell his EVO and buy a Corvette so he could have a V8 again.
Cons - Outside of the catback, it's a little pricey.
Do you like it or not - LOVE IT!!!! Personally I love the sound, but I've also had compliments of the former host of TrucksTV Kevin Tetz, and current hosts of Engine Power on the sound in addition to a slew of other onlookers.

Please, check out my build thread, linked in my signature, and ask questions about anything I have done.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:51 PM   #39
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I have a basic muffler delete. I love the sound but a "custom muffler shop" (not) just welded in some decent, fitted straight pipes but I'd like a Borla axle back or ...whatever you might suggest!
I can't imagine a muffler deleted only exhaust on any L99 without it having
drone at almost every RPM. I was the first to buy the Solo Axle Back J/Pipe
system over 14 yeas ago for my stock early 10 SS. I just love the old school
sound with no drone at any RPM.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:54 AM   #40
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Submodel (V6, SS, ZL1) - SS
Brand of Exhaust - Stainless Works Ceramic Coated Long Tubes, Borla Atak
Type (Axle or Cat Back) - Headers, Catback. Whipple Blower and big BT Cam. It is so loud I installed a Magnaflow to replace the Borla X-Over, then removed it and said WTH, if you don't like it, cover your ears.
Pros - Wicked Idle. Totally obnoxious at throttle, insanely loud, back rap, popping, all of it. Basically a car show car and I don't care if anyone hates the noise.
Cons - Have to feather the throttle a little to avoid the back rap and popping when in the neighborhood to be somewhat considerate. Somewhat...
Do you like it or not - LOVE IT!!!! Immediately turns heads and let's everyone know it is a serious street machine.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:04 AM   #41
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Wow Guys, This did turn into a Good Thread, Thanks everyone that took the time to comment.

Jason
Old 05-29-2023, 10:36 PM   #42
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Submodel (V6, SS, ZL1) - V6
Brand of Exhaust - Gibson
Type (Axle or Cat Back) - Axle
Pros - Has a nice exterior sound level not obnoxious, simple install, price.
Cons - Drone, Drone, Drone
Do you like it or not - Highway NO - City YES
Eventually I'm going to replace with something that addresses the Drone.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#exhaust #phastek