Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-28-2023, 08:02 AM   #1
Marknbacon

Drives: 2015 camaro SS
Tilton slave cylinder pedal stop?

I bought a new clutch and slave cylinder to handle the additional horsepower that my previous clutch doesn't seem to be able to handle, but there is one part of the instructions that makes me a little nervous.

For the slave cylinder, I bought a Tilton 60-6107, which is an adjustable/auto adjusting flat face bearing. (https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...amaro-60-6107/)

The instructions say to install a pedal stop to keep it from over-traveling. I have no problems doing this, but the issue I run into is where do install the pedal stop? I looked at the clutch pedal this morning and I don't see a logical place for it. Does anyone have any ideas or know of an aftermarket solution to installing a clutch pedal stop on a 5th Gen?
Marknbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:51 PM   #2
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
You only need a clutch pedal stop if you have an aftermarket master cylinder! Just a heads up! If you still have an oem master cylinder you won’t need a pedal stop. I have the Tilton and use no pedal stop with current oem master cylinder! I have a aftermarket Tick performance master on order I’m still waiting for and when I install it I’ll put a pedal stopper on. Originally when I put my Tilton in I put the pedal stop on and actually learned it is not beneficial with oem master so I removed it. Been running no pedal stopper for little over a year now. If you read the instructions with Tilton it only requires a pedal stopper with cars using aftermarket master cylinders. I’ll try to find a link to the pedal stopper I bought. The pedal stopper uses 2 screws and clamps onto the metal of the clutch pedal and has an adjustable threaded bolt you set the distance to how far you need the pedal to travel downward etc. very simple to install and if you have a aftermarket master you definitely have to put an adjustable pedal stopper on.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:02 PM   #3
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Here’s a link to one that is very similar to the one I bought! Almost identical just different name!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30450369722...mis&media=COPY
Old 07-07-2023, 10:24 PM   #4
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
As Jayjelly mentioned, I also ran a Tilton slave cylinder, with the OEM master… No pedal stop needed…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote