Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-01-2023, 03:23 PM   #1
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
RSM bumper support? Anyone used yet?

https://rock-solid-motorsports.com/p...bumper-support

Anyone use these yet. My understanding is it isn't the crash support but the bumper support. I am getting a z28 grill put in soon and thought about adding this while the front nose was off. I am trying to think of outside the usual for weight reduction on the front end that doesn't effect safety or comfort(ex. Delete ac,lol not in Texas).It also says it adds a little room if I ever get to go supercharged and need space for intercoolers and what not. Says it is chromoly and drops 10 pounds. Other things I am thinking of is braille 21 battery and rear seat delete. About another 50-60 pounds there. Trying to lose as much weight as possible without gutting the car. Don't expect to get to 3500 pounds but below 3700 would be good for me. Thanks
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 04:48 PM   #2
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
Never mind, after looking at it and my car it is the crash support. They call it a bumper support but it is the same thing. It would only lose about 7-8 pounds from what I just researched and while it is made from chromoly steel I am not sure if that would still actually be better as the surface area on the factory peice is a much wider surface area and honestly these front supports are designed to take impact and crumble inward to absorb the impact.

I guess if anyone has put one on let me know. Thanks
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 05:03 PM   #3
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
I was just about to say the same thing...their bar would be replacing the crash bar. That would probably eliminate being able to install a toe hook, but the bigger concern I would have is the bumper has tabs (like the black one to the right of where I'm pointing the screw driver). They rest on the crash bar to provide extra support.

Name:  2020-12-06 17.14.33.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  538.9 KB

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote