Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-16-2023, 11:24 AM   #29
Ck1984

Drives: 2015 camaro LFX V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck1984 View Post
thanks man
im not sure whats happening with that attached image. is it a OCR scanned image or actual pic or translated from another language cuz the punctuation and such doesnt make things very clear.

SO let me see if i read it correctly to identify the wires i need to hook to my subs high level inputs;

left rear low end wires at the speakers are; Dark blue/white stripe &light green/black stripe
Right rear low end wire at speaker are; Dark green &light blu/with black stripe

this seems to correspond to the wires i already identified as being at my amp connector in previous post
plus it corresponds to the wires i see connected at the speakers as well, i just checked now
so i hooked it up like that and its working but i cant say it sounds good yet.
maybe the positives and negatives are mixed around, i dont know....

i might have to try n get the shop who sold it to me to tune it/check my wiring etc.
Aftermarket Oval mufflers
Ck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 09:30 PM   #30
Dusk_2SS

Drives: 2013 Dusk Special Edition 2SS/RS
If you spliced into the rear deck speakers, you won't get the deep bass you seek as they are protected. The very low signals are routed to the sub wires even if the sub speaker was not an installed option. You could try a bass restoration device to reshape the bass signals from the rear deck speaks.

You can also place a small thin strip of paper over the sub and see if it pushes it or draws it in. Should push the paper if connected properly.

Last edited by Dusk_2SS; 08-16-2023 at 09:57 PM.
Dusk_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 10:56 PM   #31
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
This is the best device I have used to verify proper speaker polarity.

Install Bay FH-168
Speaker phase/polarity tester
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 05:05 AM   #32
Ck1984

Drives: 2015 camaro LFX V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_2SS View Post
If you spliced into the rear deck speakers, you won't get the deep bass you seek as they are protected. The very low signals are routed to the sub wires even if the sub speaker was not an installed option. You could try a bass restoration device to reshape the bass signals from the rear deck speaks.

You can also place a small thin strip of paper over the sub and see if it pushes it or draws it in. Should push the paper if connected properly.
thesee speakers are protected meaning their signal has passed thru a LowPass filter, blocking most/all trequencies above ave a 100 hz?

these are the 4 wire Boston Acoustic speaker connectors;
2 of which i thought went to a tweeter and have frequencies BELOW about 200hz clipped out
and then other 2 wires go to the large subish cone 6x9s & have all the hz ABOVE about 200 hz clipped out.
Aftermarket Oval mufflers
Ck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote