Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 09-07-2023, 07:41 AM   #1
BarTek

Drives: Camaro HotWheels
Greetings from Poland

Hello you.
I've been browsing the forum for a few months now. I read most of the topics, day after day for 4 months.
I am glad to be able to join your group.
since yesterday I'm kind of the owner of Camaro Hot Wheels.
I live in Poland, but the Camaro is in the USA. Thanks to my brother-in-law and sister who live in the USA, I managed to buy my dream car.
It is only 2LT but I will be satisfied. Taxes and fees to Poland mean that it is not always profitable to buy a car with an engine larger than 2l.

Of course, the car is slightly damaged, but I will fix it myself in the garage.

Hello everyone.

Last edited by BarTek; 09-09-2023 at 05:04 PM.
BarTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:46 AM   #2
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Welcome.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:51 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 09-07-2023, 12:30 PM   #4
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Welcome to the site.

How hard is it to import a car to, or from Poland? The US has a 25 year wait effectively.
You have to get your laws flipped to punish vehicles with a too small displacement.

I'm sorry to see Miss Swiatek fall short in this year's US Open.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 01:38 PM   #5
BarTek

Bringing is time consuming. Ports in Europe are overloaded, which is why there are additional transport fees, taxes, duties and excise duties. Long waiting times and possible additional damage in transit.
Importing cars from the USA is very fashionable in Poland, cars are better maintained than European cars and have lower mileage.

The problem begins in the office where the clerk has his own car price list. he is not interested in the value of the car from the contract. He calculates the tax on the price of the car in good condition. Up to 2l capacity, the tax is 3% of the market value of the car. Above 2l of car capacity, the tax is 18% of the market value. Officials are thieves in the name of ecology.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:05 PM   #6
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Welcome!
Old 09-07-2023, 06:16 PM   #7
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Old 09-08-2023, 09:24 AM   #8
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Welcome to our big family!! Congrats on your purchase.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:33 AM   #9
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarTek View Post
Bringing is time consuming. Ports in Europe are overloaded, which is why there are additional transport fees, taxes, duties and excise duties. Long waiting times and possible additional damage in transit.
Importing cars from the USA is very fashionable in Poland, cars are better maintained than European cars and have lower mileage.

The problem begins in the office where the clerk has his own car price list. he is not interested in the value of the car from the contract. He calculates the tax on the price of the car in good condition. Up to 2l capacity, the tax is 3% of the market value of the car. Above 2l of car capacity, the tax is 18% of the market value. Officials are thieves in the name of ecology.
How do taxes apply to importing salvage title cars? Hopefully it's less.
It might be an easier way to go for guys there with body shop friends.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:22 PM   #10
BarTek

VAT, Customs duty, Excise duty
Old 09-08-2023, 02:23 PM   #11
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
And wouldn't it be easier to buy a Camaro right here in Europe?

It would be easier to register it, the European lighting will be finish and legislatively it would be much faster.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:43 PM   #12
BarTek

NO. You buy it yourself and repair it yourself - you know what you have.
Many dealers assemble cars without maintaining repair techniques. What counts is profit. If you supervise the repair yourself, you can be sure that the repair is done well.
Moreover, importing a car and repairing it in the country is still cheaper than buying an imported car. Despite the greed of officials, it is still worth importing the car, and you have the choice to buy what you like.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:05 AM   #13
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarTek View Post
NO. You buy it yourself and repair it yourself - you know what you have.
Many dealers assemble cars without maintaining repair techniques. What counts is profit. If you supervise the repair yourself, you can be sure that the repair is done well.
Moreover, importing a car and repairing it in the country is still cheaper than buying an imported car. Despite the greed of officials, it is still worth importing the car, and you have the choice to buy what you like.

You repair it yourself because you have no choice.
I think that it will be no different in Poland than here in the Czech Republic.
But you buy yourself a fart if you're in Poland and your brother-in-law and sister buy car for you in the US. So, apart from the photos you will see what you have only after the car is brought to your house. In Europe, you can drive for it yourself.

And you don't have to tell me about the greed of officials. I'm in the same cesspool on behalf of the EU as you and I am dedicated to the Camaros for over 20 years.

Otherwise, of course, good luck with your new ride.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 11:29 AM   #14
Janitims

Drives: camaro 6 2019
welcome from Phoenix!!
Janitims is offline   Reply With Quote