Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-09-2023, 10:36 PM   #1
Ck1984

Drives: 2015 camaro LFX V6
2LT stereo upgrade, SUBWOOFER?

HEY guys, I could use some advice to upgrade my 2015 2LT Camaro . It already has mylink screen/head unit upgrade with boston speakers
SO i think 1st logical upgrade i need is a powered subwoofer.

What equipment do i need to add this to my otherwise stock system.
Obviously a sub and amp but also a convertor of some kind?
i plan to use wasted space in right rear corner of trunk.
can you recomend
1. max size & specs of sub i should try stick back there
2. size/specs of amp
3. design;if it should be enclosed or not, ported or not.

i will do at least the bare min 25% sound deadening of the trunk and hoping budget max of 800 usd and dont wanna spend 800usd if thats gonna be overkill for quality and power of the rest of the system, when /if 400usd is all it takes to make a huge difference.

i plan on keeping this car for about another 80-100,000 miles or 5-6 yrs BUT im not against a removeable type thing like this if theres some concensus it will fit my needs as well as simplify things ? will it plug right into stock amp/head unit sub outs if theres any?

https://www.amazon.ca/Rockford-Fosga...ba3271009&th=1
Aftermarket Oval mufflers

Last edited by Ck1984; 08-09-2023 at 11:04 PM.
Ck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 07:21 PM   #2
Ck1984

ok i decided to go with a premade powered subwoofer by rockford fosgate.
it fits perfectly under back dash and trunk floorpan

it just made sense since battery is in the back so its 3-4 ft power cables , not much more for music inputs, the back speakers are right there for high level inputs, it can sense audio to turn on, the control knob plugs in 1/8 jack and can just go under back seat and mount just outside the seat.

So theres no wiring to go to under the hood or under the dash or even under the front seats, its all in the back.

the only problem is when i went to hook up the high level inputs from the back 6x9 speakers, instead of finding a positive and negative for each speaker, theres a factory plug with FOUR WIRES goin into it for each back speaker and only labled 1,2, 3 4 plus it seems a single 2wire goes between the two speakers as theres a black and white wire pointing in towrards the other speaker on each speaker?

So whose done their own install and knows which wires are just the neg/.pos for each speaker?

drivers has a dark blue wire with white stripe, light blu wire with white stripe, light blue wire and a green wire
passenger has a similar setup but not same colors
Old 09-10-2023, 07:10 PM   #3
kirkmfg

Drives: 2015 Flash ss
I have a 2015 SS convertable. there is a Molex connection on the woofer. the side from the Amp has a Dark green wire which is R+, Light blue/ w Black stripe is R-, Dark blue/ w White stripe is L+, Green / w Black stripe is L-
kirkmfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 06:45 AM   #4
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck1984 View Post
ok i decided to go with a premade powered subwoofer by rockford fosgate.
it fits perfectly under back dash and trunk floorpan

it just made sense since battery is in the back so its 3-4 ft power cables , not much more for music inputs, the back speakers are right there for high level inputs, it can sense audio to turn on, the control knob plugs in 1/8 jack and can just go under back seat and mount just outside the seat.

So theres no wiring to go to under the hood or under the dash or even under the front seats, its all in the back.

the only problem is when i went to hook up the high level inputs from the back 6x9 speakers, instead of finding a positive and negative for each speaker, theres a factory plug with FOUR WIRES goin into it for each back speaker and only labled 1,2, 3 4 plus it seems a single 2wire goes between the two speakers as theres a black and white wire pointing in towrards the other speaker on each speaker?

So whose done their own install and knows which wires are just the neg/.pos for each speaker?

drivers has a dark blue wire with white stripe, light blu wire with white stripe, light blue wire and a green wire
passenger has a similar setup but not same colors
did you get it connected and how do you like it?
Old 09-11-2023, 11:56 AM   #5
Ck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
did you get it connected and how do you like it?
i got it hooked up shortly after i posted this, just goin from memory it sounds like this is how i did it.
it works pretty good but very easy to overdrive this model RockfordFosgate 10" into distortion with that remote bass boost dial installed so i just unhooked that and leave it the same for all channnels.

[plus im too cheap to pay an additional $120 for the local place i bought it from , just to check my wiring and tune it optimally, probly 5-10 min work]

if i want to up or down the bass boost i use the POP for down or ROCK for higher bass in the tone/equalizer settings.

Last edited by Ck1984; 09-11-2023 at 12:11 PM.