Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2023, 06:11 PM   #15
Judy1le

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPressure View Post
The rubber blocks sit in metal trays within the jack. Without them in the tray, there's no stable surface to contact the car. So you need them even if you have the ZL1 add on jack pads installed. The jack pads (on 4 corners) sit on the 4 rubber blocks. Nothing else touches the car. Don't use the quickjack without 4 zl1 add on jack pads installed. Quickjack does sell rubber blocks specifically for use with pinch welds, but they're extra $ and you'll still probably run into issues with the rocker panels.

I'm getting the car up on the jack in the next few days. I don't mind taking some pics of how the 6000ELX works with a ZLE if it would help anyone considering a purchase. Just let me know.
I would greatly appreciate pictures of the fitment/clearance. Im sold on it on it, I just need the visual confirmation on it to appease how my brain works before I hit that “Add to Cart” button
Judy1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:15 AM   #16
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy1le View Post
I would greatly appreciate pictures of the fitment/clearance. Im sold on it on it, I just need the visual confirmation on it to appease how my brain works before I hit that “Add to Cart” button
^ Same!

I'm in no rush so maybe I'll wait for them to go one sale.

Radiant Red 23' 2SS 1LE
1100: 11/14/22 | BUILT: 3/16/23
2000: 2/17/23 | 4200: 5/8/23
3000: 2/27/23 | 5000/6000: 5/15/23

Black on black 2019 3LT RS Camaro.
1100: 3/7/19 | 4200: 4/15/19
3100: 3/15/19 | 4800: 4/23/19
3400: 3/22/19 | 5000: 4/25/19
Built: 4/8/19 | Home: 4/26/19
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:39 AM   #17
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
The rubber blocks sit in metal trays within the jack. Without them in the tray, there's no stable surface to contact the car. So you need them even if you have the ZL1 add on jack pads installed. The jack pads (on 4 corners) sit on the 4 rubber blocks. Nothing else touches the car. Don't use the quickjack without 4 zl1 add on jack pads installed. Quickjack does sell rubber blocks specifically for use with pinch welds, but they're extra $ and you'll still probably run into issues with the rocker panels.

I'm getting the car up on the jack in the next few days. I don't mind taking some pics of how the 6000ELX works with a ZLE if it would help anyone considering a purchase. Just let me know.

I’ve used then rubber pinch weld blocks on my parents highlander. Didn’t have any issues. I have the zl1addon on pinch blocks though so I haven’t need to or plans to use on my car just stating they do work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 06:05 AM   #18
VaporPressure

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Yeah, I do think the pinch weld blocks would work well for certain cars. Just that on the ZLE the pinch welds are recessed and sideskirts are positioned in a way that they would compress on the quickjack frame. You can see in my pics that there isn't much space between the sideskirt and the frame once the car is lifted. But there is a few mm of space the whole way because the jack pads plus high profile blocks create enough clearance. You could stack blocks but that creates more instability than I liked, and you'd need to drive the car onto higher bblocks of wood in order to fit the quickjack under it. This may all be different when dealing with an SS, not sure.
Attached Images

VaporPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:01 AM   #19
Judy1le

Quote:
Yeah, I do think the pinch weld blocks would work well for certain cars. Just that on the ZLE the pinch welds are recessed and sideskirts are positioned in a way that they would compress on the quickjack frame. You can see in my pics that there isn't much space between the sideskirt and the frame once the car is lifted. But there is a few mm of space the whole way because the jack pads plus high profile blocks create enough clearance. You could stack blocks but that creates more instability than I liked, and you'd need to drive the car onto higher bblocks of wood in order to fit the quickjack under it. This may all be different when dealing with an SS, not sure.
Man that 6000 frame is so close to the rear tire. But it angles out and clears it even with the tires on while lifting? I love that long frame for the added weight distribution and stability. I do think the SS1LE has a “higher” ride height than the ZL1 1LE but a few blocks of wood would solve that. You have to use the blocks of wood on the front just to get the taller QJ blocks under the car to meet with the lift pads?
Old 10-06-2023, 09:24 AM   #20
FirstTimeChevy23

Drives: 23 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Man that 6000 frame is so close to the rear tire. But it angles out and clears it even with the tires on while lifting? I love that long frame for the added weight distribution and stability. I do think the SS1LE has a “higher” ride height than the ZL1 1LE but a few blocks of wood would solve that. You have to use the blocks of wood on the front just to get the taller QJ blocks under the car to meet with the lift pads?
I am not sure if all QuickJack sets come with them, but mine came with a "large" and "medium" set of rubber blocks that helps with getting the right height to lift a vehicle.

As to your question on being that close to the rear tire... that's fine due to the way the jack "opens" up.

I've owned my quickjacks for a few years now. Used it on a CT4V, Buick Envision, Buick LaCrosse, and a crewcab Ranger. I've felt confident each time I would crawl underneth the vehicle. I would recommend them.
FirstTimeChevy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 01:15 PM   #21
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
I went with the QuickJack 7000TLX which is perfect as I also wanted to be able to lift my older Ford Explorer and some other larger vehicles. Works perfect with both my ZL1 and my wife's 2019 Mustang. I installed the zl1addons pinch weld blocks to both cars and use the "tall" QuickJack rubber blocks. The blocks sit right on the pinch weld blocks just need to be careful and make sure you clear the side skirts and everything. I also drive the front wheels up on some wood or something to add a little more clearance.

I did a fairly long video on setup and use of the QuickJack that may be helpful...

willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:16 PM   #22
Judy1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
I went with the QuickJack 7000TLX which is perfect as I also wanted to be able to lift my older Ford Explorer and some other larger vehicles. Works perfect with both my ZL1 and my wife's 2019 Mustang. I installed the zl1addons pinch weld blocks to both cars and use the "tall" QuickJack rubber blocks. The blocks sit right on the pinch weld blocks just need to be careful and make sure you clear the side skirts and everything. I also drive the front wheels up on some wood or something to add a little more clearance.

I did a fairly long video on setup and use of the QuickJack that may be helpful...

I watched this video in depth and it was indeed very very helpful! So thank you for taking the time to make it for guys like me!
Old 10-06-2023, 02:40 PM   #23
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
This was my set up and it works great until I had to get on my crippled knees three times in one month to do my post break in maintenance and then said screw it and bought a lift. Best damn money ever spent (the lift) other than on the Camaro.(and debatably my wife) but being a welder, I had the luxury of building custom pinch weld lifts to fit over the rubber blocks that are supplied with the quickjack
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:46 PM   #24
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Quote:
I watched this video in depth and it was indeed very very helpful! So thank you for taking the time to make it for guys like me!
Awesome! Glad you found it helpful!
Old 10-06-2023, 02:47 PM   #25
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
This was my set up and it works great until I had to get on my crippled knees three times in one month to do my post break in maintenance and then said screw it and bought a lift. Best damn money ever spent (the lift) other than on the Camaro.(and debatably my wife) but being a welder, I had the luxury of building custom pinch weld lifts to fit over the rubber blocks that are supplied with the quickjack
Nice! I wish I could go with a nice 2 post lift but my foundation is post tension cable which adds a whole bag of possible issues if I drill into my foundation even after having the floor x-rayed and foundation warranty/etc :-/
Old 10-06-2023, 04:01 PM   #26
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Nice! I wish I could go with a nice 2 post lift but my foundation is post tension cable which adds a whole bag of possible issues if I drill into my foundation even after having the floor x-rayed and foundation warranty/etc :-/
Nothing as fancy as 2 post, but with the ability to position at a comfortable working height I can and add every thing else to the platform like my quickjack or any jack for that matter
I like the idea of just driving on and lifting up, not having to go under and adjust shit and hope it’s lined up properly
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:47 PM   #27
Kuutr

Drives: 23 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Nothing as fancy as 2 post, but with the ability to position at a comfortable working height I can and add every thing else to the platform like my quickjack or any jack for that matter
I like the idea of just driving on and lifting up, not having to go under and adjust shit and hope it’s lined up properly
Nice. How high is your ceiling. Guessing 9/10 feet.
Kuutr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:50 PM   #28
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Unfortunately you can't take the wheels off with those. Now if someone made a modular lift that could change to be either frame lift or wheel lift, that would be interesting.