Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2023, 11:14 PM   #1
jacobcarrasco7

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS
Ram Slave and PP Fingers

I finally installed everything on and car is running amazing! but I have barely any freeplay on my clutch pedal, would buying the clutch pedal adjuster from RAM help since I already have the RAM Slave. and also

I noticed my T/O bearing is in constant motion, I saw it was touching the PP fingers! not sure how much pressure, doesn't look like a lot but I have done research and people say that it should be fine,

someone on LS1 Tech said"bearing always rides on the pressure plate fingers. The PP is the only thing that pushes the slave back. It's a bearing, it's made to rotate, just like any other bearing on your car"

someone else said, "I have used Tilton and Ram style slave cylinders that do not have a spring, but they still sit up against the pressure plate fingers just without as much pressure." ( I AM USING A RAM SLAVE)

and someone else said "the PP fingers are turning so the bearing should to for less wear!"

I think I bit of an air gap would be better to not have the bearing wear faster. Would buying the Ram pedal adjuster also help the bearing come off the PP fingers while also adding a bit more freeplay to the pedal?
jacobcarrasco7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:00 AM   #2
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
The design is for the bearing to be always touching the finger. The slave cylinder is compressed down during normal use and extends forward toward the fingers to release the clutch when the pedal is pressed.

The shimming and measuring process during install determines the pedal freeplay. If the measurement for shimming is low the slave cylinder will be closer to the fingers and the clutch will release sooner when the pedal is pushed. If the meaurement is high and not shimmed, the slave will be further away from the fingers and will have to travel more before releasing the clutch.

The pedal adjuster may or may not make a difference depending on where the slave is shimmmed to. It is limited to how much travel is left in the master cylinder under the dash.
fz4k98 is online now   Reply With Quote