Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2023, 08:01 PM   #813
AKATURTLE

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green Camaro
How did you know where to cut the opening?
AKATURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 08:09 PM   #814
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKATURTLE View Post
How did you know where to cut the opening?
Didn't measured it, watched others on YouTube and went the ID of the 8" frame opening, marked it with a sharpie and cut it with a small metal cutting disk, about 1" Dia.
I learned too many times if you overthink stuff it gets messy.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:19 AM   #815
romcjr

Drives: Two 1984 Z28 / 2014 2SS/RS AGM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel67 View Post
Didn't measured it, watched others on YouTube and went the ID of the 8" frame opening, marked it with a sharpie and cut it with a small metal cutting disk, about 1" Dia.
I learned too many times if you overthink stuff it gets messy.
^^^^^^ Ain't that the truth !!^^^^^
It took me two weeks before I got brave enough to cut the hole in my Mustang hood to install the shaker scoop !!
POWERSTOP Brakes (5/31/21)
romcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 09:26 PM   #816
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Does posting a Youtube video count?
https://youtu.be/fKQS7CpHPbw?si=5E_qVwxJ6v4lDKex

FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 10:38 PM   #817
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Does posting a Youtube video count?
Of course Bud, just post it like this, it be easier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-19-2023, 01:25 AM   #818
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
I tried, but it wasn’t going to a full screen, like it was cut in half so I just did the link.
Thanks for the repost
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:20 AM   #819
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Great video as usual. Hope you are feeling better!
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:23 AM   #820
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
I tried, but it wasn’t going to a full screen, like it was cut in half so I just did the link.
Thanks for the repost
No problem Brother, I just used the watch link in the url itself and take out the s from http. Great video
Old 12-19-2023, 08:46 AM   #821
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Decided to add a 10 inch sub to the Camaro using a skar 10 inch 600 rms subwoofer, sub-thump box, and fark harness, hooked up to an audiopipe 1000 watt monoblock. It's an overkill amp, but I had it from a previous project. I used a rivnut in the trunk to securely mount the sub box so it doesn't move around. Gives me a nice little bump in the trunk, without adding too much weight or sacrificing too much driveability.
Actually just removed this setup... I was so excited to have a little bass in the Camaro. But while driving into town the Subwoofer suddenly shut off. I checked everything out when i got home and realized that i blew the 100amp fuse. I have never blown one of those Amp fuses before. I had a spare 120amp fuse that i swapped in just to see if everything still worked. Turns out, I blew the sub. I decided to pull the box out and check the subwoofer out, when i pulled the sub out of the box, there was a cloud of smoke just floating inside the box. I guess i am lucky that my trunk didn't catch on fire... Decided, F that... I guess i don't need a subwoofer in the car and pulled everything out. Not sure what the issue was, I wired everything to run 0 ohms, and the amp should have been more then adequate, seems like maybe I got a bad speaker but this completely turned me off to having bass in the car. Maybe I will pick up a kicker pre-built if I ever see one pop up again on the market.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 09:00 AM   #822
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Actually just removed this setup... I was so excited to have a little bass in the Camaro. But while driving into town the Subwoofer suddenly shut off. I checked everything out when i got home and realized that i blew the 100amp fuse. I have never blown one of those Amp fuses before. I had a spare 120amp fuse that i swapped in just to see if everything still worked. Turns out, I blew the sub. I decided to pull the box out and check the subwoofer out, when i pulled the sub out of the box, there was a cloud of smoke just floating inside the box. I guess i am lucky that my trunk didn't catch on fire... Decided, F that... I guess i don't need a subwoofer in the car and pulled everything out. Not sure what the issue was, I wired everything to run 0 ohms, and the amp should have been more then adequate, seems like maybe I got a bad speaker but this completely turned me off to having bass in the car. Maybe I will pick up a kicker pre-built if I ever see one pop up again on the market.
0 Ohms? how did you wire the Sub on the Sub? as far as I know Skar don't do a 0 ohm setup but a 1ohm
I got my Skar wired to 2 Ohms see pics. also I measured the Ohms with a meter after I wired it.
I got a 250 amp fuse between battery and Amp which is a minimum for this size.
You Amp is also not rated for 0 ohms from what I know Audiopipe does 1 ohm
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2023, 09:57 AM   #823
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
0 Ohms? how did you wire the Sub on the Sub? as far as I know Skar don't do a 0 ohm setup but a 1ohm
I got my Skar wired to 2 Ohms see pics. also I measured the Ohms with a meter after I wired it.
I got a 250 amp fuse between battery and Amp which is a minimum for this size.
You Amp is also not rated for 0 ohms from what I know Audiopipe does 1 ohm
I just double checked, it was actually 1ohm. I ran the sub parallel according to Skars directions. It sounded really good and healthy too. It wasn't breaking up, no distortion... I honestly don't know what happened. I had the gain set fairly low as well.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:02 AM   #824
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

And then you just changed the fuse to 20 amps higher and it smoked up?
The Audiopipe 1000 is a good amp, something doesn't make sense.
was the Skar an EVL or ZVX? and how many RMS did the Sub have?
Old 12-19-2023, 10:10 AM   #825
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

I got the RP-2000.1D with the VXF-12 D2 tuned to 30 Hz in a Skar SK1X12V enclosure, which is f*cking huge and barely fit in SS, had to put enclosure in first then put the sub in after lol. I know it sounds kinda crazy but the wires inside the box are really close together and could have caused a short, so I rewired the inside and solder it on the contacts plus heat shrink.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:29 AM   #826
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
And then you just changed the fuse to 20 amps higher and it smoked up?
The Audiopipe 1000 is a good amp, something doesn't make sense.
was the Skar an EVL or ZVX? and how many RMS did the Sub have?
Well the 100 amp fuse was smoked, then when I swapped in a 120 amp the speaker was dead. It was crackling and popping. Its an audiopipe 1000watt amp and a dual voice coil Skar SDR-10 D2 which is a 600 rms sub.For subs I have only ever ran Kicker CVR 12's because they slam, and that amp can power 2 of those subs.