Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-23-2024, 10:08 AM   #1
DriveTheGuard88
Chevy/Cadillac Enthusiast

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Bilsteins with OEM springs; Which bump stop?

Hey guys, so long story short I'll be installing an entire Z28 rear cradle and front suspension into my 1LE, along with the Bilstein B6s, and some other goodies this weekend.

I was working on assembling the new rear shock assemblies the other night (with all OEM parts, including springs) and ran into an issue with the bump stops that I haven't seen mentioned at all in all of my research.

The 1LE uses a different bump stop than the SS, and the difference appears to be the diameter of the opening on the top end is larger on the SS bump stops.
1LE part #: 22942947
SS part #: 92195502

When used with the Bilstein shocks, the 1LE sits on the flange where the shaft widens below the threads, the SS can easily slide over the flange allowing the dust cover to sit directly on the flange.

Which would be the correct part to use with the Bilsteins? Using the 1LE part would mean that there's an extra quarter or third of an inch sandwiched between that flange and the washers and upper shock mount assembly (which could possibly affect ride height or spring rate?). Would that matter at all? I'm just not sure which bump stop to use since I know the B6’s are the same part for SS, 1LE, and others, and the instructions are horrible and don't mention anything about it.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2024, 08:49 AM   #2
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I am not sure about the bump stop,

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557236
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote