Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 11-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #1765
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Jeff Wyler's good about front plates too. They actually asked us if we wanted it installed and told us they'd have to drill through the front bumper.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #1766
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1c1ous View Post
jrhause76, just for the record, how would you have handled this idiot mistake. How would you feel with four (4) 1/4" holes drilled in your front end ?

Damn dude, that really sucks. How would I have handled it... hmmm. Well like I told you over PM a while back, I would NEVER go to Sweeney's. They can burn in hell for all I care. I tried to look at corvettes there twice but got blown off... ended up buying my C6 from McCluskey. Then I just wanted to LOOK at a Camaro there, got blown off again... so guess hwat, bought my SS from... you guessed it... McCluskey!

Now if my car did have the plate mounted... I am not sure how I would have handled it. I beat it into my salesmans head that no plate would be installed so two days before the car showed we did my paperwork and he gave the car a stock number and wrote really big on the floder NO FRONT PLATE BRACKET. Then he told the guy who checks in the car that there was already a stock number and to look at the folder.

Now they did throw my build sheet away which I was not pleased with but they gave me a huge transformers poster because of it.

In the end, I am not sure if you are going to get any resolution. Point being it is illegal to not have the plate and any judge will likely side with the dealer by saying it was required to install the bracket... Just my guess. You can try to fight them but not sure what you will get for it. The cover seems reasonable to me but even if they do that, you still have 4 nasty holes in your facia. See if they will fix it, or did you already try that?

I guess you could just put the plate on.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #1767
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Jeff Wyler's good about front plates too. They actually asked us if we wanted it installed and told us they'd have to drill through the front bumper.
Jeff Wyler's can burn too! Not good experiences with them in the past either. McCluskey Chevrolet FTW!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #1768
crazyd

Drives: Cyber grey
From Delphos,oh here
crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #1769
crazyd

My camaro under hood.. Waiting on the polished supercharger and some more polished parts.... come and see it at the PRI show in Florida in December
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #1770
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
Quote:
Yeh, I'm am "at war" with Sweeney in Tri county. After 3 requests to NOT INSTALL FRONT PLATE BRACKET......The morning I picked her up ( of course my salesman was out sick) Their was a front bracket....four (4) holes drilled in my facia. This has not been resolved. I am taking any service issues to Mc Clusky <spck. Any one in SW Ohio looking to buy new, stay away from Sweeney. There service rep even stood there and after rolling his eyes and said " well thats hardly a $400.00 mistake. I was willing to settle if they paid for the car cover, they looked at me like I was asking for a kidney. Sooo it is my mission to make everyone aware of the un professional maner this dealer ship has treated me, an I am spreading the word. Don Scott, if you read this, it is just the beginning. I work hard for my money, I am a former Ranger (2/75th) and I will complete my mission. By the time I am finished, you could have bought 20 new bumpers and installed them....ten fold. jrhause76, just for the record, how would you have handled this idiot mistake. How would you feel with four (4) 1/4" holes drilled in your front end ?
Same thing happened to me... Not sure what to do. Maybe some filler and stripes who knows.
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #1771
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Welcome new ohio members!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 AM   #1772
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Yes, welcome to all the new Ohio members!!

crazyd- looks like you and your wallet have been very busy. Nice!!

V1c1ous- holy crap. Personally, I wouldn't have taken the vehicle until the bumper was replaced since you're in a production time frame totally different than mine was and spare parts are now much easier to come by.

Your offer of accepting the car cover was more than generous on your part. Give 'em hell. In this day and age bad publicity spreads like wildfire - just make sure they can't get you for libel & slander.

By the way, perfect color choice :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #1773
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
just make sure they can't get you for libel & slander.

#1... if they don't want to be slandered, don't treat customers (or potential customers) like crap. I know I am not the "typical" Corvette buyer but the way Sweeney treated my wife and I TWICE was uncalled for. In 2007 I gladly gave my $45,000 to someone else. Then only to do it again when looking for a Camaro. My wife and I work in the construction industry, we don't wear suits and we drive a POS honda to work. We live in the country so going car shopping occurs after work, usually in dirty duds and a crappy car. It is easy to see which dealers judge based on appearance. Jeff Wyler in Eastgate and Jake Sweeneys in Tri-County blew us off REPEATEDLY. Never did I feel this way at McCluskey. As far as V1c1ous bumper issue, he never should have signed the papers. That was a nail in his coffin... I hope they do the stand up thing, but I doubt it.

#2... his car is black. Are you thinking its IBM?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #1774
V1c1ous

Drives: 96 Z28 SS, 2010 SS RS
Yeh, I'm not too worried about the slander issue, as all I am doing is telling the truth. Plus if Sweeney is worried about it ummmm, I dont know pehaps trying to make their customers happy would be a start.<<<<<<<just throwing it out there
Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #1775
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Sweeney has a horrible reputation for customer service. Why they weren't shut down in the latest round of dealer closings, I don't know.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #1776
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeh, I'm not too worried about the slander issue, as all I am doing is telling the truth. Plus if Sweeney is worried about it ummmm, I dont know pehaps trying to make their customers happy would be a start.<<<<<<<just throwing it out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Sweeney has a horrible reputation for customer service. Why they weren't shut down in the latest round of dealer closings, I don't know.
I think they move enough vehicles and there are no other dealers close. McCluskey is decently far.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #1777
crazyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Yes, welcome to all the new Ohio members!!

crazyd- looks like you and your wallet have been very busy. Nice!!

V1c1ous- holy crap. Personally, I wouldn't have taken the vehicle until the bumper was replaced since you're in a production time frame totally different than mine was and spare parts are now much easier to come by.

Your offer of accepting the car cover was more than generous on your part. Give 'em hell. In this day and age bad publicity spreads like wildfire - just make sure they can't get you for libel & slander.

Yep and it's empty now
Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #1778
V1c1ous

Drives: 96 Z28 SS, 2010 SS RS
Yeh, I've already talked to McClusky about doing warranty and service work, and they said they'd be more than happy to do it. I just don,t want to take my car to Sweeneys any more. I guess it's a trust issue, and I do not trust Sweeneys any more.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?