Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #43
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
WAH! plastic WAH! creaks WAH! pops WTF If people are seriously that dang picky then to me it sounds like they are trying to convince themselves maybe they should sell the car and are looking for any reason to justify doing so. I couldnt give a sh#t less if its plastic or it creaks a little or has a popping sound or anything else for that matter i absolutely LOVE my car it feels like a member of my family and nothing will change that, THANK YOU GM for building this car for people that truley appreciate it for what it is and god give us the strength to tolerate the haters that try to rain on the camaro parade thats sweeping the nation!!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #44
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
A few of us need a lesson in Trade-offs. Like.....Brembo brakes vs. Leather.....

I think they could have added nicer interior panels and cut the brembos and used Z51 brakes? Hell, I bet Z06 brakes are cheaper?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #45
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
Some people just miss the point. The Camaro was not built as a giant cup holder. If you want a fine leather and teak interior buy a Lexus. The car does exactly what it was built for "smoke the competition"

Dude this is the attitude that makes a car stagnate. How is GM going to know what to improve on if everything around here is a just a big circle jerk? Criticism is fine, and it helps.

The best thing to happen to the Camaro in 6 months is the release of the 2011 Mustang GT. Let the competition begin!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #46
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Bottom line for the price you cannot get a better PERFORMANCE car. Yes that is exactly what the Camaro is. If you are looking for true luxury with amazing plastics, go buy the German products but good luck getting a brand new zero to 60 in < 5s machine for $31k.

If you are looking for a car with great Cup holders, then head over to the Japanese, cause the Germans make flimsy ones too (ahem BMW).

Oh and did I mention most of the world thinks that the Camaro looks GREAT!

Last edited by nashstat; 11-14-2009 at 02:06 AM.
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #47
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Amen brother amen

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #48
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
I'm sick of hearing about the interior plastics....blah, blah....I love this Camaro- finally something GM has done right. What car doesn't have plastic these days? Look at the Vinyl galore in the older camaros and fake plastic wood veneers... The plastic is 100 times better than the 80's. I love the Brembro brakes too- after trading in my POS Trailblazer with the worst brakes and ABS I have ever seen I love these brakes.

Also sick of reviews having guys with a family test driving the car for a week- hello...it is NOT a FAMILY CAR- get a Traverse or Equinox for that - it is a MUSCLE CAR. Of course it will be tight for your 9 year old and wife and groceries....it is not designed to be a family car.

Get in it- drive it enough said! When I was pinning the salesman to the back of the backseat at the test drive going well over 100 mph the last thing I noticed was the interior plastics! When I pass a Mustang on the road like it is standing still I don't notice the plastics!! When I get a thumbs up by everyone I pass by- I smile and say hell ya!!!
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #49
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Troll?

We have a troll in here?
...as usual.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #50
bluestang50
Account Suspended

Drives: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post

Dude this is the attitude that makes a car stagnate. How is GM going to know what to improve on if everything around here is a just a big circle jerk? Criticism is fine, and it helps.

The best thing to happen to the Camaro in 6 months is the release of the 2011 Mustang GT. Let the competition begin!
+1

Have your fun bashing on the performance difference between the camaro ss and the mustang GT for the next 6 to 7 months.... Soon it will be a drivers race... very soon
bluestang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #51
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
There .. fixed it for you!

Crowley
I can't hear anything but a few whiners...
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #52
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
But the plastic isn't even coated in a rubber/leather mixture. It's hard plastic and it's horrible.
Wow! Genetic engineering has come a long way since my last car. I had no idea they crossed rubber trees with bovines!

I wonder if they can make better tires from the hooves!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #53
coolman

coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #54
bluestang50
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain DoucheBag View Post
Wow! Genetic engineering has come a long way since my last car. I had no idea they crossed rubber trees with bovines!

I wonder if they can make better tires from the hooves!
You know exactly what he is talking about. It is all over the vette's dash. No need to be a douche...
bluestang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #55
coolman

Isn't rubber/leather what batman wears?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #56
bluestang50
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Isn't rubber/leather what batman wears?