Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #1849
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

5% is too dark, 50% is a waste of money. Don't worry about staying legal. no one will mess with you unless you are causing trouble. Like if you look like you are dealing drugs out of your car, they may hassle you. Otherwise, you will be fine. I'd suggest a 15%-25% tint on CGM.
With CGM, 50% will not look as dark, so I would consider darker if the contrast is what you want. I wasn't after a "bad guy" or total privacy effect, I just wanted more contrast with the SIM color. I'm happy with the effect I got. I put the side gill stickers on for the same reason and love the look. I too didn't want to drive around all the time thinking it was night time. The 50% is very clear.

The owner of the shop where I got the tinting said many of his clients have been pulled over for tinting, but I would imagine they were pretty dark or doing something else like Jrhaus suggested. Remember, the factory tinting adds 5 or 10% to the film you choose.

Quote:
Silvericeman - I notice your have no front plate - any problems with that?
I bought a "no drill" front license plate bracket on ebay. I'm debating about whether or not to put in on the car when I get it.
I bought one of those flip up jobs, but never got around to putting it on. If you take inventory, there's probably one in 20 cars on the road without front plates. If I install it, I'll probably keep it hidden anyways, unless I'm bar hopping.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #1850
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
With CGM, 50% will not look as dark, so I would consider darker if the contrast is what you want. I wasn't after a "bad guy" or total privacy effect, I just wanted more contrast with the SIM color. I'm happy with the effect I got. I put the side gill stickers on for the same reason and love the look. I too didn't want to drive around all the time thinking it was night time. The 50% is very clear.

The owner of the shop where I got the tinting said many of his clients have been pulled over for tinting, but I would imagine they were pretty dark or doing something else like Jrhaus suggested. Remember, the factory tinting adds 5 or 10% to the film you choose.

I bought one of those flip up jobs, but never got around to putting it on. If you take inventory, there's probably one in 20 cars on the road without front plates. If I install it, I'll probably keep it hidden anyways, unless I'm bar hopping.
I agree with everything you say... the darker cars need darker tint. Your car looks great with the tinting you have. My dads Mustang is lightly tinted... 35% I think, maybe 50% and it looks great. Its a color between SIM and CGM. Looks very good. I like the blacked out look. I try to steer clear of trouble so not really messed with... I aim to keep it that way!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #1851
SilverIceman

Quote:
I agree with everything you say... the darker cars need darker tint. Your car looks great with the tinting you have. My dads Mustang is lightly tinted... 35% I think, maybe 50% and it looks great. Its a color between SIM and CGM. Looks very good. I like the blacked out look. I try to steer clear of trouble so not really messed with... I aim to keep it that way!
Thanks, and I do agree that the darker tint looks better. Just depends on what "look" one is trying to achieve. Not everybody wants a blacked out look.

Good luck with the Holiday get-together. By the responses it looks like you're the "planner"........again.

Just pick a place and time. There's no way to get everybody's schedule in sinc, especially this time of year. It would be fun if it was twenty people or just eight. It would be fun to see some of the new people on this thread. There's the Der Duchman in waynesville. Any good places out near Washington CH ? That is central for Day., Col. and Cinci.

Maybe we can get together and watch those undefeated Bearcats play for a share of the national title (assuming they win the next two), or maybe even watch that other team from Ohio.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #1852
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
[QUOTE=jrhaus76;1211641]

I have to disagree with one comment though. i live in a... how do you say.. HICK TOWN... and the cops have never had a problem with my windows or lack of front plate.

[QUOTE]

No disrespect... Just my run in's with the law in a small town in Indiana and it wasn't a good time. They just had nothing else to do, so they wrote tickets for little things....
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #1853
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks, and I do agree that the darker tint looks better. Just depends on what "look" one is trying to achieve. Not everybody wants a blacked out look.

Good luck with the Holiday get-together. By the responses it looks like you're the "planner"........again.

Just pick a place and time. There's no way to get everybody's schedule in sinc, especially this time of year. It would be fun if it was twenty people or just eight. It would be fun to see some of the new people on this thread. There's the Der Duchman in waynesville. Any good places out near Washington CH ? That is central for Day., Col. and Cinci.

Maybe we can get together and watch those undefeated Bearcats play for a share of the national title (assuming they win the next two), or maybe even watch that other team from Ohio.
Yum Dutchman!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #1854
crazyd

Drives: Cyber grey
630RWHP
Attached Images

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #1855
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #1856
SilverIceman

630RWHP

Old 11-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #1857
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
HOME.

ODOT resurfaced the roads here. Nice.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #1858
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Welcome home Fenwick!

BTW, I'm near Columbus too (Marysville).
I noticed! My Animal Sciences professor lives in Marysville.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #1859
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Hey Fen, that signature pic looks really familiar LOL, I just washed him the other day and put a good coat of wax on, who knows when or IF we will ever get any more +50 degree days anymore this winter. How are classes goin?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #1860
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Man View Post
Hey Fen, that signature pic looks really familiar LOL, I just washed him the other day and put a good coat of wax on, who knows when or IF we will ever get any more +50 degree days anymore this winter. How are classes goin?
Kicking my ass and making me cry, but that's Chemistry for ya.

Is your mom still planning on stopping by sometime?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #1861
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Kicking my ass and making me cry, but that's Chemistry for ya.

Is your mom still planning on stopping by sometime?
I have absolutely no clue lol, i didnt even know that she was planning a trip up your way. I will ask her next time that I talk to her though
Old 11-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #1862
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
WHO IS PLANNING and WHEN AND WHERE IS OUT HOLIDAY GET TOGETHER?

With or with the Camaros... We are in for something. Maybe dinner or whatnot. Seems like a lot of new members, we need to get together around the first of the year...
Quote:
Der Dutchman in Waynesville is a good idea, so why don't we make our next get-together there, unless someone else has a better idea? Some of us were talking about Amber Rose in Dayton too, although it's not that big a place and may tend to get booked up for parties in December. Maybe Der Dutchman this month, and Amber Rose next?

Got to agree with SIMan on the date - nothing's going to work for everyone. My daughter has several choir performances this month. I'll post up a poll, and we can take it from there.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?