Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
KACCamaro

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS Brickyard PC
New Camaro On the Horizon...need help!

Hi all,
It seems that I will be getting a Camaro earlier than expected. I got a little note in the mail indicating GM has decided to changed their employee pricing. And I don't think the Camaro will fare too well in the new "formula". So, I would like to seal the deal by the end of they year, which means I will need to take from dealer's stock. So with that being said...

First, I'm a big fan of Cyber Grey Metallic but is there anybody that has ordered a CGM with Arctic White Stripes? If so, could you post some pictures? I've seen a few CGM with Black Stripes on the road but none with white. I will say, though, after checking out some of the pics of delivered Camaros, I'm really starting to fall for the Inferno Orange and the Victory Red (which would match the Brickyard!)
Last, are there any dealer installed exhaust systems that you are extremely happy with?

I live in the Detroit metro area, but am thinking of treking all the way out to Berger to receive delivery...unless somebody can report of a dealership in the metro area that really has kick a$$ customer service when it comes to Camaros.
KACCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
blackjack325

Drives: GMC Sierra
theyre gonna offer employee pricing on the Camaro?? What would be the mark down?
blackjack325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
KACCamaro

Employee pricing will be available to employees and family members, as usual, but the formula they use to calculate the price will change on 1/5/10.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack325 View Post
theyre gonna offer employee pricing on the Camaro?? What would be the mark down?
They offered employee pricing from day one on the Camaro. It's up to the dealer whether or not to accept it. I don't shop dealers who will not accept it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Give me call, I can help
Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
My dealer accepted the GM employee price... In IL at Phillips Chevy in Frankfort. They have a half a dozen 1SS and 2SS in stock. They also have a new ABM 1SS that is awesome looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
They offered employee pricing from day one on the Camaro. It's up to the dealer whether or not to accept it. I don't shop dealers who will not accept it.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
All car manufacturers reprice their products every year due to escalation of material costs.
Lets say you make car radio's and have a multi year agreement. Do you want to make them for the same price each year while your employee's want some type of raise each year? Nope. Year over year price increases are usually included in LTA's (long Term Agreements) unless there are a significant number of suppliers like tires or brakes who want in.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
KACCamaro

So now I got all the options picked out that I am looking for...
- 2SS/RS
- Interior Accent Trim Package
- LS3/6-Speed Manual
- Sunroof
- Rally Stripes

Hopefully I can find one that has all of those options! My color preference would be in this order: CGM, Victory Red then IOM. Oh man, haven't been this excited in 8 years...that is, when the Brickyard was coming to be!

Now that I got that figured out...on to Christmas Lights!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACCamaro View Post
when the Brickyard was coming to be!
The Brickyard? The only Brickyard I know of is the Nascar race at the Brickyard, but that started 15 years ago.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #10
KACCamaro

Also, just noticed I got some very nice PM's from dealers! You know its a great forum when the dealers hang out here to help!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #11
KACCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
The Brickyard? The only Brickyard I know of is the Nascar race at the Brickyard, but that started 15 years ago.
No, my 2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Brickyard 400 Pacecar!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACCamaro View Post
No, my 2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Brickyard 400 Pacecar!
SWEET! Oh BTW, I love the St. Clair Shores Area. My aunt used to live in Grosse Point Woods.