Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #351
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenCamaroChick View Post
Do you think they shot the video in the cold/snow because of all the reports of the Camaro not performing well below certain temps? I've seen a few test drive vids with wet roads, but never one with snow. Just wondering if this is a subtle marketing ploy in the ever-ongoing pony wars.
Are you referring to the Camaro's handling in the snow with Pirellis? I've heard nothing but good things about the LS3 performing in cold weather--if it's anything like my LS1, these engines love the cold.

IMO, I don't see it as a marketing ploy. They probably just produced the vid near headquarters in Michigan--where I assume it's freakin cold.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #352
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
It's winter bro...
That bro's a bra bro.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #353
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
6.2 > 5.0

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #354
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
Quote:
It's winter bro...
haha ummm... :tweetz:

Anyways, they still could've shot on a clear day.

Think of it this way: if a potential buyer knew they'd have to buy new tires for the Camaro right off the bat in order to drive it in cold weather they might lean towards the 'stang.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #355
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
HMMMMMMMMMMM here in MICHIGAN right now there are no clear days so waiting for that would be bad, since the car is going to be going on sale soon.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #356
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:

Think of it this way: if a potential buyer knew they'd have to buy new tires for the Camaro right off the bat in order to drive it in cold weather they might lean towards the 'stang.
Oh sorry about that didn't note the screen name, besides everyone on the internet is a dude till proven otherwise lol

j/k you know how it goes, my apoligies madam
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #357
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
HMMMMMMMMMMM here in MICHIGAN right now there are no clear days so waiting for that would be bad, since the car is going to be going on sale soon.
Not to mention the constant blarglakeeffect that just lingers until March and magically disappears. So it's not uncommon or 'special' at all.

It's part of living in Michigan.. that and throwing a good 40-60lbs in the back.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #358
5thGenCamaroChick

Quote:
Oh sorry about that didn't note the screen name, besides everyone on the internet is a dude till proven otherwise lol

j/k you know how it goes, my apoligies madam
No problem In your defense I do like muscle cars, motorcycles and power tools lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #359
5thGenCamaroChick

[QUOTE=Zabo;1328525]Not to mention the constant blarglakeeffect QUOTE]

blarglakeeffect? I tried searching it, got nothin. lol

Okay, so maybe it wasn't on purpose, but I noticed the stang was holding the road pretty good in the vid. Surely others would notice as well and that would be a mark in the stang's favor, imo. Yes, I know you can buy a stock Camaro without Pirelli's, but not if you want the RS package. And tires ain't cheap. Maybe Chevy should make the Pirellis their own seperate option.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #360
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
[QUOTE=5thGenCamaroChick;1328571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Not to mention the constant blarglakeeffect QUOTE]

blarglakeeffect? I tried searching it, got nothin. lol

Okay, so maybe it wasn't on purpose, but I noticed the stang was holding the road pretty good in the vid. Surely others would notice as well and that would be a mark in the stang's favor, imo. Yes, I know you can buy a stock Camaro without Pirelli's, but not if you want the RS package. And tires ain't cheap. Maybe Chevy should make the Pirellis their own seperate option.
Lets be honest, most of these cars will be V6 sold. Do you really think the majority of the buyers are going to look at this and think that. Really outside of this forum how many people are going to know that the camaro has supposed traction problems which it doesn't. Its call a summer only tire for a reason and most that have reported problems have been due largely to them not changing the tires. You are reaching with this one.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #361
5thGenCamaroChick

[QUOTE=ssump29;1328598]
Quote:

Lets be honest, most of these cars will be V6 sold. Do you really think the majority of the buyers are going to look at this and think that. Really outside of this forum how many people are going to know that the camaro has supposed traction problems which it doesn't. Its call a summer only tire for a reason and most that have reported problems have been due largely to them not changing the tires. You are reaching with this one.
Google "2010 Camaro" and this forum is one of the first returns. That means that anyone researching the car has easy access to the info about the tires. And as I stated before, IMO not a lot of people are going to want to purchase new tires for a brand new car just so they can drive it in cold weather. To be honest, the tires wasn't one of the things I paid much attention to when buying the car. If I had known then that they were summers (which I really didn't even know existed) I might have made a different choice. Since I live in the south I doubt it, but maybe. Just to clarify, I don't have any problems with the Pirellis in cold weather. One morning after a 3-day freeze I noticed the "marble" effect some others have mentioned, but I just took it easy and all was fine. However, I could see how a northerner with a v-8 might have a bit more trouble.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #362
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
No problem In your defense I do like muscle cars, motorcycles and power tools lol.
Oh my, a girl not worried about getting dirty that is awesome
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #363
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:

Except for the fact that that Stang is butt ugly.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #364
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Its in Michigan in December..were you hoping for blue skies and 80 degrees? They filmed it in the best conditions available at the time, and thats what they got.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video