Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
GM Insiders help please

Hey anybody on here work on the inside of GM? I really really really really want to get my replacement headlight like yesterday. The dealer is doing all they can and I've called the Customer Worthless center. I have a SPAC case open for about 2 weeks now. I can't get any info on the order. Everytime I call they change what they tell me. They have broke down to just outright lies to get me off the phone. Can someone please help me!! Anybody work at the Oshawa plant? I'll meet you tonight if you can pull me a headlight off the line!!! Anyone ??? Please!!!
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Black_2SS

What, nobody here works for GM or just nobody can help?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
SPAC is from the suppliere of the part. Find out who the supplier is and call or break in to their plant. They are probably shipping to the plant only right now. SPAC means that a dealer needs one to satisfy their customer and if possible they could ship one when they get a chance. Special Part Allocation. Starting to see alot of vendor shipped/ordered things now adays. I don't think GM will ever have their dealers inventory too much anymore.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Black_2SS

I can't seem to find out who the supplier is, or I would be paying them a visit!!! GM won't tell me and I can't seem to find it online. Anybody happen to know?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Easy Go

Drives: LLT MV5 B34 N65... period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
What, nobody here works for GM or just nobody can help?
I work for GM but I'm not in a position to help with this specific matter. Sorry!
In the early morning... when there's only a mere suggestion that the sun is going to bother coming up at all that day - a CGM blur accompanied by the anthem of 312 horses awakens the morning commuters from their NPR-induced stupor. Charging past the front lines in an all-or-nothing battle cry that the King has returned...
Easy Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
Black_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Go View Post
I work for GM but I'm not in a position to help with this specific matter. Sorry!

Got any friends who can lookup a supplier?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
Hey anybody on here work on the inside of GM? I really really really really want to get my replacement headlight like yesterday. The dealer is doing all they can and I've called the Customer Worthless center. I have a SPAC case open for about 2 weeks now. I can't get any info on the order. Everytime I call they change what they tell me. They have broke down to just outright lies to get me off the phone. Can someone please help me!! Anybody work at the Oshawa plant? I'll meet you tonight if you can pull me a headlight off the line!!! Anyone ??? Please!!!
contact Dave Hiller at dhiller@north2newman.com as was suggested to me to source a door panel that was supposedly "impossible" top get by the body shop that has my car. i sent him an email and he got me the part number and even told me what warehouse in michigan has them. hes definitely worth a try if you havent already emailed him
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Rickie

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT Conv
I happen to work right next to the lighting department. What is it that you are looking for? I understand that you want to know who the supplier is, but is it the halo light that you are looking for, or the standard light? The supplier may be different for the two.
Once you find out who the supplier is, you still may not be able to purchase a set from them. You will more than likely have to order from a dealer, unless you know a GM employee that can pull a set from the warehouse.
JMHO
Rickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
SLOWHITE

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Try to keep in mind that the dealership doesn't have much control of when the part arrives (at least in this type of situation). The dealsership is probably just as ticked as you are the part isn't here, because it makes his/her job that much harder.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
Black_2SS

I need the entire driver side headlight assembly for the 2SS w/ RS (high intensity). I was hoping to find out if anyone was even working this week. I have a order in from the dealer and a spac case on it. They just keep feeding me BS on it though. Like they tried to tell me the dealer had 64 items on order from this supplier and it was impossible to overnight it!! ??? I'm getting afraid this is going to drag well into next year, its already been 2 weeks w/ no real activity.

Rickie....If you could walk over to the lighting department and grab me one off someones desk, I'll drive up and get it right now!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #11
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWHITE View Post
Try to keep in mind that the dealership doesn't have much control of when the part arrives (at least in this type of situation). The dealsership is probably just as ticked as you are the part isn't here, because it makes his/her job that much harder.
X2
Also there has been somewhat of a known supply issue with the halo lamps, which caused a constraint on LT models with the RS package.
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #12
Black_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWHITE View Post

Your dead on there!!! My shop and the dealer are both getting fed up!! Its got everyone tied up. They are kept pretty much in the dark. They have tried all they can with no results, thats why I am looking for alternative methods to get the ball rolling from my end.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #13
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
So basically, you're asking a GM employee to risk losing their career by stealing a headlight for your own selfish needs? Tsk tsk, grow up man!
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
Black_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by born-to-fish- View Post
So basically, you're asking a GM employee to risk losing their career by stealing a headlight for your own selfish needs? Tsk tsk, grow up man!

Don't think giving info is gonna cost anyone a job! I have all the necessary orders in. If anything I would just be asking to pick it up personally before it gets stuck on a truck or in a warehouse for another week. Would never ask someone I don't know to risk their job for my headlight.