Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #43
bilydean

Drives: One of the rare ABM camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister HP View Post
lol, after that whole screenname confusion, I cant get anything right

I'm sorry, but I'm not supposed to discuss pricing here. I will post a link to a new thread in the vendor sale section.

Ed

Did you post the link? I couldn't find it.

thanks
Dean
3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4B00 7/16 Released from QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
bilydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #44
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

VERY NICE set up! Harrop make some top notch stuff.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #45
crazyd

Drives: Cyber grey
well I do know this i will not be doing anymore to my car but what i have now that is the 1900 and cold intake and if i can save a few dollars and get same results why not.. who is going to crank thier supercharger to the max on a stock engine and expect it to last.GM builds a good engine but all motors have thier breaking point and i dont want to find out what that is on my car....If you want the 2300 and going to drop more mods than more power to you but little extra boost with less money the harrop 1900 is the best idea that i came up with. thats just my thought but i am just a happy car owner with great results.There will always be something faster and better its what you like and want.
crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #46
crazyd

Drives: Cyber grey
at anytime ed wants to use my car against someone that has a 2300 with cold intake for head to head testing he is welcome to it just has to be in the winter because i will be to busy driving it in the summer
crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:02 AM   #47
SSACCO

Drives: 2010 SS
Sucks that the thread has become a pissin contest, great numbers though!
SSACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #48
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
well I do know this i will not be doing anymore to my car but what i have now that is the 1900 and cold intake and if i can save a few dollars and get same results why not.. who is going to crank thier supercharger to the max on a stock engine and expect it to last.GM builds a good engine but all motors have thier breaking point and i dont want to find out what that is on my car....If you want the 2300 and going to drop more mods than more power to you but little extra boost with less money the harrop 1900 is the best idea that i came up with. thats just my thought but i am just a happy car owner with great results.There will always be something faster and better its what you like and want.
have asked several times about the cost difference..........i never get an answer!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #49
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
So if you say the 1900 can make those numbers then someone with a budget that just wants simple mods like an exhaust and CAI would be more logical getting the 1900. How much is the 1900 cheaper than the 2300?
This is the logic that has me interested in the thread. Living in New Jersey I am not sure I want to get myself involved in fully exploiting a 2300 with Long Tubes because of the emmisions restrictions here. Even though swapping the tubes out after four years and then every two (those are our inspection cycles here with new cars, first inspection four years off the lot and then every two years after that) I am not sure I want to get involved in that. Even though the exhaust swap is not a big deal time wise it is going to involve getting two custom tunes, one with headers and one without (additional cost), and up front the headers add a significant cost, to me at least.

I know I want to go the positive displacement route because I want that on-demand torque on the low end, I know the Maggie 2300 is the tried and true unit at this point but the recent buzz around the Edelbrock 2300 unit as well as this 1900 now has gotten me to the point of analysis paralysis.

I know the old saying is "cheap, reliable, powerful.... pick two!!!!" While the 1900 may not be all three, it may be cheaper, reliable, and powerful for my application. I think that is what is bubbling to the surface here, which unit is the best for YOUR particular application. I know the good thing is we are having more and more choices everyday which is good for competition and innovation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
have asked several times about the cost difference..........i never get an answer!
+1

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #50
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
yes, even posting MSRP isn't bad.. is it? I know we like to not discuss discounts or offers or anything like that, but a "range" of the difference in the two can't get anyone killed or worse, banned.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #51
Mister HP

Drives: Speed Shop owner
these are all very legitimate questions guys, and to be honest, I don't really see this as a pissing match at all. We all know the 2300 is a fine supercharger, and countless members have used them time and time again with great results.

Now all of the sudden a new player comes along with a smaller unit, advertising as good or better power gains, and you dont have to buy the extra parts to see that power!! its not surprising that some guys are waving the BS flag!

I did not get the kit price link put up yesterday, but will do it as soon as I finish posting here. While the kit price is very similar to what your used to seeing for 2300 kits, keep in mind that these HTV1900 kits will make 530-550 RWHP on an LS3 right out of the box, so the BIG SAVINGS is not needing to buy headers, etc to see those numbers!!

please post up or PM me if I can answer any questions,
Ed
Mister HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #52
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
I'm going to offer an unbiased third-party opinion here in that I don't see this as a pissing match either. If anything, it is a very healthy discussion that really brings to the surface the differences, pros, cons, and otherwise not known information about these units and their best application so the community is armed with that much more information when making a decision for THEIR application. I get the sense that there is a great deal of respect from both Ted and Ed for each other as well as the products involved and just hope this doesn't turn into ANY kind of pissing match because there is huge potential for a great thread over time.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #53
DC-SS

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence View Post
I will be doing a back to back comparison of the LSA TVS 1900 verses the Edelbrock TVS 2300.
I currently have the GM Performance Parts LSA Crate engine in my Camaro making 14 pounds of boost.
We will pulley the 2300 to make the same boost and see what the differences are.

The Edelbrock has a larger intercooler in the intake so we will also look at the intake air differences.

Mike Hewitt might let me use a Harrop for some testing also......yeah right! LOL.

We will perform the testing on an engine dyno before chassis dyno testing.

It should be interesting.

Robin
Is the Edelbrock TVS 2300 the same thing as the E-Force?
DC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #54
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-SS View Post
Is the Edelbrock TVS 2300 the same thing as the E-Force?
I don't know....

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #55
Mister HP

Drives: Speed Shop owner
It's pretty well known that we ( Late Model Speed / Harrop ) are not the first to travel down this road, in terms of optimum supercharger size vs. engine size.

I recieved an interesting PM from a friend in the industry that has done a considerable amount of testing on 2300, and 1900. He also has a very extensive engineering and programming background, so I value his opinion as a good source of knowledge.

He gave me this information that was derived from his own actual test data:

*this information was measured at 75mm front, 1.1 rear pulley ratio, 6 psi, 6200 RPM

When the 1900 compared to the 2300 at the above specs, the 1900 showed :

12 HP less to drive the supercharger
4% more adiabatically efficient
11 degrees less temp delta across the unit (which adds less heat to the incoming air)

What this all means is that the 1900 is moving air more efficiently than the 2300 at this specific engine speed on an LS3 engine.

Just some food for thought......

Ed

Last edited by Mister HP; 01-07-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Mister HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #56
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
I'm going to offer an unbiased third-party opinion here in that I don't see this as a pissing match either. If anything, it is a very healthy discussion that really brings to the surface the differences, pros, cons, and otherwise not known information about these units and their best application so the community is armed with that much more information when making a decision for THEIR application. I get the sense that there is a great deal of respect from both Ted and Ed for each other as well as the products involved and just hope this doesn't turn into ANY kind of pissing match because there is huge potential for a great thread over time.
no pissing match......

my point is that i have Kooks LT headers w/ cats, Corsa cat back and a Roto-Fab CAI.......NOT INSTALLED YET (still new in boxes).

if the TVS1900 will bolt to my stock LS3 for $2000 less than the TVS2300, and i don't need the headers............i'm sold!

but if the price is within $1000 between the two.......i'd opt for future expandabilty and the TVS2300.

i'd like to be between 525rwhp and 550rwhp.......but my wife drives it more than i and i already am concerned about her loosing control if she stomps on it to pass someone and the rear comes around her........

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote