Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
This is my first post in these forums. I have always loved GM cars, especially Corvettes and Camaros, so when a few years ago Chevrolet said they were bringing back the Camaro I was really excited. I love the car, it is stylistically beautiful, a perfect combination of heritage and progressive design. Love the grille, the wheels, the interior, the rear lights, the way the b pillars slice into the flared rear fenders. It's a well designed car. Granted I haven't seen the car in person, but in all the pictures I've seen where people are standing next to it, the car looks physically huge. The hood appears to be four feet off the ground, and then they added the hood scoop which makes the whole front end even more imposing. When viewed from the side, the car looks kind of "stubby". To me it appears that it would be difficult to see over the hood while you're in the drivers seat. Does anyone else think it's too big?
It will be bigger than your corvette, and probably feel bigger too. But as all the others have said, see it in person then make you're judgements then. I know that the Camaro's big sister (the G8) looks a bit stubby in pictures but when you see it in person its a much different car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #16
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Its just the right size.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #17
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Not at all, it's smaller then my Saab in all measurments except the width (being actually wider there) and my Saab isn't exactly a huge car.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #18
ls1vert

Drives: '99 vert red
oh man you guys have got me so excited to see the new 'maro in the flesh. can't wait till it makes it over to the east coast.
ls1vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #19
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
nope...plain and simple.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #20
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
yeah its not as huge or stubby as it looks in photos, i was concerned about the same thing but seeing it in person at indy quelled those fears
That's good to hear.

My simple answer would've been yes. But judging from a comparison of the dimensions to my own car, it's not much bigger. In fact I think it's an inch longer, but has a 3 inch longer wheelbase.

The only difference for me is that the car may have a more aggressive and blocky style which could make it appear larger. I like the looks though.
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote